Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    If I could make two improvements to Torghast:
    1) replace the anti-AFK debuffs
    2) auto pickup phantasma (dont have to loot)
    1) is fine, they're not anti-AFK, they're just meant to make it feel like a dangerous place. You're protected at the start of every level, just AFK there.
    2) I don't understand why you even want this, how hard is it to loot once every pack? It's like half a second per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    1) is fine, they're not anti-AFK, they're just meant to make it feel like a dangerous place. You're protected at the start of every level, just AFK there.
    2) I don't understand why you even want this, how hard is it to loot once every pack? It's like half a second per minute.
    1) They're just annoying, it's not a more "dangerous place" just because you don't get to eat(in game and IRL). Danger comes from the actual fights, not from making it frustrating to recover from them.
    2) because it'd be convenient and it's annoying to have to lootarang constantly. Packs also shouldn't take that long, it's more like a lootarang cast every 15-20 seconds.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-12-12 at 11:42 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Wrong! at least floor 6 DOES spawn those adds if you iddle outside the vendor bubble or try to eat outside the buff bubble
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    This may only be true if you're in vendor bubble, because I've seen adds spawn right in front of boss.
    That was technically a bug and wasn't suppose to be happening, but in some cases it did on this weeks floors. The past few weeks didn't have this issue.

I know the other day I sat on Floor 6 waiting for about 5 minutes for all my cooldowns to come up and had to do some other things and was sitting on the stairs in front of the boss and way past the vendor.

It does look like though if you had that issue it should be "fixed" as of yesterday's hotfixes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Eye of Skoldus and Fracturing Forces no longer spawn assassins on boss floors.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'd like it a lot better without the anti afk stuff. If I clear a section, I should be able to go take a piss without problem. Especially when the thing takes an hour minimum and can easily go to 2 hours with bad anima powers.
    Out of curiosity what are you doing that it takes a hour? I know on Layers 1-5 it was taking me about 30 minutes full clearing the entire thing searching every crevice.

Layer 6 took me a little bit longer, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    While yes they are suppose to make the place more dangerous it is still considered an Anti-AFK debuff. You should be able to AFK anywhere and be fine, unless there are pats or something coming along the area that might kill you. Yes, you can AFK at the start of the floor, but it is a forced spot for AFK'ing.

The debuff is also an annoyance on several levels, for instance if you go back one way to clear another section of the floor they will still spawn despite you clearing the entire area even if it's just a run of 2-4 minutes to get to next section. Does it make the floor anymore dangerous? No. It is just an annoyance that shouldn't be there.

If anything it should be similar to "The Maw's" mechanic where it gives you a debuff that tells you on your next attack you'll spawn extra mobs. This will give the same effect without the "Surprise!" factor which only accomplished annoyances in cases and at best could screw someone over with bad RNG if they won the last battle with barely any help and then immediately re-enter with the debuff pack.

It's 6 floors. Doing it in 30min is 5min per floor. If the map was empty and you ran through it as quickly as possible it would take a couple minutes per floor. Yesterday I did level 4 as a 182 WW and it took about 50min. This morning I started a 5 and after half of floor 1 realized the run would take way way longer than the 4. Claiming you can clear everything in 30min seems unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Floors 3 and 6 (in current version) can't spawn the adds at all. So you basically have to go through 2 floors non-stop. Also, the debuff says "In combat" so you can pull just a mawrat and stay in combat until you kill it. So for a mage you could use spellsteal to "aggro" it. I think you might be able to avoid the debuff as soon as you enter a new floor due to a "stealthy like" buff you get, but can't remember for sure.
    The issue is that his mana regeneration will be the fucked by this though, it's way more desireable as arcane to keep a bunch of charges on you and start the next fight with them than to build them up again and again. Not to mention that whenever you don't get convenient healing abilities, you are also rather fucked as mage in that regard, since you have no natural healing skills.

In general the debuff is just annoying. Even on my plate classes it pisses me off that I can't quickly get the door or something. That makes Torghast something that I can't do quickly when I want, it's something I need to schedule because of this entirely unneeded design when these floors are up. And no a maw rat needs to be cc'd and kept that way, otherwise they will just teleport to you soon or later (yanky-ass wow mechanics...) due to pathing issues and gnaw you to death.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-12-13 at 01:11 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Wrong! at least floor 6 DOES spawn those adds if you iddle outside the vendor bubble or try to eat outside the buff bubble
    WRONG. Blizzard has patches that out. You won't see it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    It's 6 floors. Doing it in 30min is 5min per floor. If the map was empty and you ran through it as quickly as possible it would take a couple minutes per floor. Yesterday I did level 4 as a 182 WW and it took about 50min. This morning I started a 5 and after half of floor 1 realized the run would take way way longer than the 4. Claiming you can clear everything in 30min seems unbelievable.
    Wrong calculation. One floor is just a vendor, another is vendor with endboss (which takes at most 3 minutes). So you have 26 minutes for 4 floors (7/8 minutes per floor) - which is easily doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    You don't need to clear everything. Even at lower ilvls I could just find the door on each floor, only going out of my way if I spotted a rare/chest. Some floors take like 3 minutes because I get lucky and find the door pretty fast. If you're combing over every floor meticulously killing everything, then that's kind of on you. If you really need to min/max that hard on anima powers, also kind of on you.

Biggest thing is though, I'm a tank. I pull like 5 packs at once and just AoE unless there's an elite, then I only pull like 3 to be safe. Torghast has a massive difference in difficulty/time depending on what class/spec you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You don't need to clear everything. Even at lower ilvls I could just find the door on each floor, only going out of my way if I spotted a rare/chest. Some floors take like 3 minutes because I get lucky and find the door pretty fast. If you're combing over every floor meticulously killing everything, then that's kind of on you. If you really need to min/max that hard on anima powers, also kind of on you.

Biggest thing is though, I'm a tank. I pull like 5 packs at once and just AoE unless there's an elite, then I only pull like 3 to be safe. Torghast has a massive difference in difficulty/time depending on what class/spec you play.
    So sure I can rush through the lower floors without getting all the powers, but then I get to the final boss and get steamrolled, leaving with zero reward.
    Edit - I haven't tried as tank or heals so maybe that's the issue.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2020-12-13 at 03:08 AM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think (therefore I am?) that some folks don't play specs that have a high difficulty level in Torghast. My wife takes 40 mins to do Torghast with HOTs constantly rolling and she clears it all out.....as a Boomkin. She has great gear and is a competent raider. My Arcane Mage has a heck of time in Torghast with mana replacement a constant task (as the class is designed). My gear is average world quest/quest level. I don't raid and am just a casual player. So for me, the "debuff" does present a problem. I work from home and have to give real life distractions attention. Blizzard hasn't made Torghast fun or interesting for me. The OP has problems similar to mine. Others with different gear/skill/specs will have different experiences. Torghast isn't fun for all of us.

Stay safe and have fun!

All of these people saying their runs are taking an hour, wtf?

I've run it to layer 6 on 4 diff classes and they're like 30 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    If I could make two improvements to Torghast:
    1) replace the anti-AFK debuffs
    2) auto pickup phantasma (dont have to loot)
    Honestly both of these features would be great. Torghast is a great non-competitive PvE system and the focus should be about making it as player friendly and fun as possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only time I find them annoying is when they spawn when I’m trying to get a chest open.

Other then im almost in a constant stream of in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

Yea, Tanks currently have the easiest time in Torghast - Not only do the mobs actively have less health then if you are a DPS spec, but majority of mobs deal significant physical damage (Layer 6 on floor 5 for instance had regular mobs meleeing me for roughly 10%, and elites for nearly 20% of my health - Though it didn't matter much since my Rejuve healed me for nearly 60% of my health per tick and ticked every second) which is easily negated as pretty much any tank. You can also pull more, and all 5 tank specs actually have fairly solid AoE to keep up with DPS AoE. Not even including ludicrous powers you can get in there (While I've done Torghast predominately as Feral, there are 2 powers that synergize with each other that would allow Guardians to essentially just power pull as much as they can without resetting)

Rogues and Mages are having a very hard time in Torghast due to their overall lack of sustain - If Rogues/Mages don't get the right combination of anima powers, they can't even down the final boss because they can't win the sustain fight. So they HAVE to clear every pack, not only to have more rolls for those very specific anima powers, but also for the Phantasm to buy those powers from vendors.

Overall, you are easily looking at an hour clear for every DPS spec that lacks sustain unless they just happen to get a powerful Anima combo in the first floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Wrong calculation. One floor is just a vendor, another is vendor with endboss (which takes at most 3 minutes). So you have 26 minutes for 4 floors (7/8 minutes per floor) - which is easily doable.
    For some classes, sure.
    Other classes have to be incredibly careful when pulling packs and waiting on CDs.

I just tried the don't clear everything strat on level 5 and couldn't get the boss below 25% after breezing through the trash. It's just not worth my time. There's wasting time, and then there's wasting time. It makes me want to uninstall the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Rogues and Mages are having a very hard time in Torghast due to their overall lack of sustain - If Rogues/Mages don't get the right combination of anima powers, they can't even down the final boss because they can't win the sustain fight. So they HAVE to clear every pack, not only to have more rolls for those very specific anima powers, but also for the Phantasm to buy those powers from vendors.
    Yep. Sub rogue is painful even with the buffs.

I think they are too much, yes. Torghast can take quite some time, and I feel like you should be able to go afk anywhere you want. As others have said, just make it work like in the Maw. Spawn adds when you engage in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    As annoying as it might be, this has ways around it.

And it is a thousand times better than the visions insanity leech.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Huh... i thought they were just "afixes" for each wing.

I don't agree with anti-afk measures. It's just another way to stress players like the corruption bar in visions. There is no reason for it to be there.