Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Just give me whatever it is you're smoking already. Democrats repeatedly tried to pass relief aid checks for working families and Republicans kept shooting it down. But dear little Theo can't criticize Republicans without also taking a pot shot at Democrats can she?
    Yeah but Sanders talking with a republican Senator really is kind of significant. If Hawley and 3 other republican Senators vote for the bill, it passes. It may be necessary to make Hawley replace McConnell as Senate Leader though (all democrats plus 3 republicans voting for him). Otherwise, the bill would never come up in the first place.

Also a long shot, but the Lincoln Project and Sanders are both reaching out in significant ways to come up with solutions to the gridlock that could conceivably kill our country. This is a very very good sign.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just give me whatever it is you're smoking already. Democrats repeatedly tried to pass relief aid checks for working families and Republicans kept shooting it down. But dear little Theo can't criticize Republicans without also taking a pot shot at Democrats can she?
    I think you guys have GOP criticism covered. Like you have multiple threads about the topic.

I prefer to discuss new things, different things.

Oh, man, where oh where is the fight for that stimulus check? Why is it just Bernie and Hawley?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yeah but Sanders talking with a republican Senator really is kind of significant. If Hawley and 3 other republican Senators vote for the bill, it passes. It may be necessary to make Hawley replace McConnell as Senate Leader though (all democrats plus 3 republicans voting for him). Otherwise, the bill would never come up in the first place.

Also a long shot, but the Lincoln Project and Sanders are both reaching out in significant ways to come up with solutions to the gridlock that could conceivably kill our country. This is a very very good sign.
    Lincoln Project though isn't about what Hawley tries to do. At the end of the day Lincoln Project people are just dejected NeoCon leftovers who are fine with and happy to be in a McConnell camp.

Hawley is the only unique thing in the Senate GOP. The rest of them are a waste of oxygen to even bother remembering their names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I think you guys have GOP criticism covered. Like you have multiple threads about the topic.

I prefer to discuss new things, different things.

Oh, man, where oh where is the fight for that stimulus check? Why is it just Bernie and Hawley?
    So what, your complete inability to criticize Republicans comes from pretending you're playing the devil's advocate?

I could almost accept that, if you were at least minutely informed of the facts.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    So what, your complete inability to criticize Republicans comes from pretending you're playing the devil's advocate?

I could almost accept that, if you were at least minutely informed of the facts.
    Hawley is the only unique thing in the Senate GOP. The rest of them are a waste of oxygen to even bother remembering their names.
    I do actually pop in a lot of negatives about the GOP.

Heck I said that Donald Trump almost certainly molested underaged Sex Slaves on Epstein Island and that I'm of the belief that he and Barr had a big hand in Epstein's death.

But again, I don't get credit for that because for people in the DNC Fandom, its not "You don't criticize the GOP!" its that I say anything about the Dems, that I suggest your preferred consumer product isn't the most majestic thing ever.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck I said that Donald Trump almost certainly molested underaged Sex Slaves on Epstein Island and that I'm of the belief that he and Barr had a big hand in Epstein's death.
    11 posts in Trump thread in 4 years... 60 in Biden thread, in less than a month. Who are you kidding? Orange man bad? How about you treat Hunter Biden, like you do Trump?

Instead of starting threads on his ties to China, remind us about Trump’s decades of ties to China.

Edit: lol 79 not 60... that’s more than a post per page for Biden vs 11 in 4 years of Trump...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-13 at 12:54 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If you completely remove speculation and only consider what Trump has done and said then it's very reasonable to believe Trump has messed with young women/girls.

Just for a moment, imagine you have an age 14-15 daughter. Trump walks in and tells you he walked into her room so he could look at her while she was getting dressed.

What the fuck are you going to think about him?

There are signs that this kind of thing might not have to happen. Republicans are turning against Trump, and now they might even work with AOC and other democrats to come up with bipartisan bills that bypass McConnell.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...182620020.html

Title: Lincoln Project Co-Founder to Alexandrio Ocasio-Cortez: ‘We Need to Work Together’ or We’ll ‘Lose America’
    Reminds me of Jon Stewart who once insisted that "we" will find something somewhere where we both will find agreement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Reminds me of Jon Stewart who once insisted that "we" will find something somewhere where we both will find agreement.
    What they tend to agree on is war, helping out financiers, and austerity for the plebs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are signs that this kind of thing might not have to happen. Republicans are turning against Trump, and now they might even work with AOC and other democrats to come up with bipartisan bills that bypass McConnell.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...182620020.html

Title: Lincoln Project Co-Founder to Alexandrio Ocasio-Cortez: ‘We Need to Work Together’ or We’ll ‘Lose America’

Excerpts:

If the Lincoln project and AOC come up with proposals that they can agree on, and the Lincoln project can get as few as 5 republicans in the Senate to vote for any bills they create together, then this country might get through this after all.

Obviously there is a lot of work to do between the two groups possibly talking, and getting proposals created in Congress and then passed. On the other hand, start with the Lincoln Project and AOC, get support from Biden, write up the bills with the support of democrats and a handful of republicans in both houses, and all of a sudden good things can start to happen.

It's a long shot, but it's possible. AND IT JUST MIGHT WORK
    It won't work at all without McConnell being on board. He, and he alone, controls the Senate agenda and decides what comes up for a vote and what does not. Unless we oust him in January with the GA Senate special elections, he's it for another two years.

Well Theo DID kind of just explain her feelings about republicans:

From 1 post above:

I'd call that a pretty severe kind of criticism.

For me, I'm generally happy to quote these kinds of criticisms of modern day republicans At least the ones that have recently dominated the airwaves. On the other hand, there are republicans that are starting to pull away. Lincoln Project is one group, Kemp and Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger stood up to a LOT of pressure from Trump (including death threats) - in fact I would have to call their actions this election cycle heroic - and somewhere around 40% of House republicans refused Trump's invitation to support his recent Supreme Court challenge.

Kemp and Raffensperger stood strong against a determined Trump full court press to flip Georgia. And their "reward" is death threats and a huge hit to their political careers.

I suspect that there is quite a lot of activity going on behind the scenes. For example, if Lincoln Project worked with a group with as few as 3 Senate republicans, would Senate democrats unanimously vote for this person for Senate Majority Leader in place of McConnell? I suspect that there are quite a few people, including deep pocket business leaders with lots of political connections, that are less than thrilled about the idea of the next 2 year being a Biden - McConnell showdown with neither ever budging on anything. 2 years of gridlock in Congress could very well put the US in a very bad place.

Hard core Trump supporters deserve every bit of scorn that can be thrown at them. But quite a few republicans are peeling away. I'm glad that Lincoln Project and Sanders are looking for ways to cooperate with people they don't see eye to eye with. We need a lot more of this if the country is to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It won't work at all without McConnell being on board. He, and he alone, controls the Senate agenda and decides what comes up for a vote and what does not. Unless we oust him in January with the GA Senate special elections, he's it for another two years.
    Maybe it all ends up in a very bad place. But in the next few weeks just maybe another way out will be found.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they tend to agree on is war, helping out financiers, and austerity for the plebs.
    How is AOC for austerity? What the fuck?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd call that a pretty severe kind of criticism.

For me, I'm generally happy to quote these kinds of criticisms of modern day republicans At least the ones that have recently dominated the airwaves. On the other hand, there are republicans that are starting to pull away. Lincoln Project is one group, Kemp and Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger stood up to a LOT of pressure from Trump (including death threats) - in fact I would have to call their actions this election cycle heroic - and somewhere around 40% of House republicans refused Trump's invitation to support his recent Supreme Court challenge.

Kemp and Raffensperger stood strong against a determined Trump full court press to flip Georgia. And their "reward" is death threats and a huge hit to their political careers.

I suspect that there is quite a lot of activity going on behind the scenes. For example, if Lincoln Project worked with a group with as few as 3 Senate republicans, would Senate democrats unanimously vote for this person for Senate Majority Leader in place of McConnell? I suspect that there are quite a few people, including deep pocket business leaders with lots of political connections, that are less than thrilled about the idea of the next 2 year being a Biden - McConnell showdown with neither ever budging on anything. 2 years of gridlock in Congress could very well put the US in a very bad place.

Hard core Trump supporters deserve every bit of scorn that can be thrown at them. But quite a few republicans are peeling away. I'm glad that Lincoln Project and Sanders are looking for ways to cooperate with people they don't see eye to eye with. We need a lot more of this if the country is to survive.
    Nah, for Business leaders and the whole world of Finance and Tech, they are loving it and its preferable because where they will agree is Military Spending, Helping financiers and the like. McConnell and Biden will be excellent for business. Though if the Dems get those two Georgia Senate Seats it could actually be a rougher situation. Not because I believe the Democrats have any intention of doing anything different; but because they won't have McConnell as a useful foil for why nothing happens.

Also last I checked the Lincoln Project guys have nothing to do with Sanders or Hawley on this. Those dudes are 100% in the same ideological Reaganite lane as McConnell. The fact that those types backed Biden if anything should give one pause and exam just what Biden will actually be.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn’t Republicans... Milo screaming that Republicans betrayed the movement and it’s time for civil war, isn’t stepping away from Republicans. Rubin Report is not claiming to be Republican, when crying about Trump losing. When you spend a few pages complaining about war, but then have the only complaint about Barr, who orchestrated the cover up that originated the entire Iraq conflict... the issue is Epstein... do you think there is a pizza place involved?

William Barr’s been accused of a presidential cover-up before
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/pajd...over-up-before
    ”People in the Iran-Contra affair have been treated very unfairly,” Barr told USA Today in December 1992, blasting the charges as illegitimate. “People in this Iran-Contra matter have been prosecuted for the kind of conduct that would not have been considered criminal or prosecutable by the Justice Department.”
    Barr isn’t a Trump sycophant... he just seems like one, because he shares a belief with Trump, that presidents have ultimate power... Such as starting wars, selling arms, clouding with Russia and defamation from a rape case. All seem like Barr taking one for Trump, when the reality is he did this for everyone for Reagan, Bush and Trump. During civil rights/anti war protests, he was protecting property and getting cops coffee... sound familiar?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-13 at 01:32 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it all ends up in a very bad place. But in the next few weeks just maybe another way out will be found.
    Fingers crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since October, there's been a $2.2 trillion dollar stimulus bill passed by the House of Representatives, and multiple attempts to negotiate with the Republican Senate to get them to pass something, all with major Democratic support.

So you're basically straight-up lying to pretend that Democrats aren't pushing for stimulus spending.

The Democrats are willing to push a stimulus through, and have been trying to do so since October. It's not being passed into law because of Republicans.

But you're unwilling to consider the facts and put the blame where it belongs.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...-reach-a-deal/

I do actually pop in a lot of negatives about the GOP.

But again, I don't get credit for that because for people in the DNC Fandom, its not "You don't criticize the GOP!" its that I say anything about the Dems, that I suggest your preferred consumer product isn't the most majestic thing ever.
    And yet, you still support him. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, you still support him. Odd...
    Trump invited The Proud Boy leader into the White House, Trump Supports Right Wing Racist Extremist Nationalist Hate Groups.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

This is extremely "presidented" and professional. Way better than Trump!!!

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...81246903824384

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    This is extremely "presidented" and professional. Way better than Trump!!!

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...81246903824384
    Yet even more fake outrage.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet even more fake outrage.
    Shitposting like this is exactly why all the libs have spent the past 4 years accusing Trump of being "unpresidential"