Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I logged in to my priest just to double check, they can't wear plate. Whatever he is he's clearly not a priest.
    players are restricted. lore characters like Anduin are not.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Anduin is a shame, and even more so wielding shalamayne. This is simply unacceptable. I remember that the warriors are still waiting for the Shalamayne skin, Blizzard owes us for having given the Ashbringer to the paladins. This I do not think to forgive Blizzard

Anduin insults Varian's memory.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think it's just believable generics for that given situation. Stormwind has a paladin because Anduin fights with a sword, Frostwolf has a warrior because Thrall is fighting without the elements right now.
    Lore characters never fit class archetypes particularly well though.
    speaking of, Blizzard finally remembers Frostwolves exist

Nazgrel, where?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You joking right? He swings this sword like amateur. Its pretty clear he ain't paladin nor warrior.
    And if you pay close attention, in the last strike there is a bright yellow light, and he creates a crater on the ground.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Paladin is just a priest who decides to pick up a sword and wear plate armor. There is nothing more to it. Any race that has both warriors and priests should also have access to paladins. By this i mean, of course, undead.

thrall was a warrior before he became a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Priests can't wear plate armor nor use swords .

HE IS A PALADIN .
    Lmao. So by that logic if I as as a developer, wear a doctor uniform will I suddenly become a doctor? NO, I will be just developer wearing doctor uniform.

I can't operate using specialized tools like scalpel but sure as hell I can take them in hand and do some flesh slicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Skipping the weird emasculation comment this is pretty much correct.

At some point Thrall will figure out that the elements didn't abandon him, but he turned his back on them and then he'll discover that the power was inside him all along!

So yeah, Thrall is fighting as he was originally trained - to be a warrior, but at some point we are going to reforge his connection to the spirits. We just don't know when yet. Maybe this expansion after he and his mom have a long talk?
    I think it is SPOILER.

When you save him from Torgast, he use ahaman powers to stun his torturer.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    players are restricted. lore characters like Anduin are not.
    Ah ok, so he can be a paladin then since he's not restricted?

I wouldn't take the generic NPC replacements too seriously.

It says "Frostwolf Warrior" for Thrall, and Thrall isn't Frostwolf.

Archmage Modera has the generic name of "Kirin Tor Conjurer" when she isn't a conjurer.

The reason why Anduin is a Paladin because he does Melee attacks so he would need to be named after a melee class because it would look weird for a Priest to use melee attacks.

Blizzard has already adressed this question many times.
    Lore characters are not bound to class restrictions.

Anduin is primarily a priest, but dons full plate. In swordplay he's not exactly a genious.
    The companion is showed as a stormwind paladin cause it's of the way anduin fights there... hitting stuff with a sword and casting a spell now and then.

Thrall was always a warrior in the 1st place. Within the period between durnholde and WoD he was a shaman... but has ever since lost most of his powers and returned to being a warrior.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It says "Frostwolf Warrior" for Thrall, and Thrall isn't Frostwolf.
    Thrall is like literally the prince equivalent of the Frostwolves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    The overhead swing he does at the end of the auto attack frenzy seemed to have some sort of magical power as it CRATERED the troll. Melee + light magic = ???

Edit: Priests can't even use swords. hurhurhur
    The class lore is very different to class gameplay, in lore there are a lot of blurred lines when it comes to classes. For example Rexxar is a Beastmaster, a melee beastmaster, but hunter beast masters are ranged.

Also classes can be combinations of two or three classes. Kael'thas had a mixture warlock and mage powers but is classed as a bloodmage a spec not in game, a spec that is integrated into a lot of affliction warlocks and fire mages.. Also mages in Warcradft Orcs & Humans could summon scorpions. A lot of people laughed at Rhonin commanding an army of raptors in Night of the Dragon, but in lore Mages can talk to animals.

A lot of classes can cross into each other too. Mages in lore can also cast lightening bolts as seen in Warcraft 1 and 2. Yet shamans can only do that in WoW. Tidesages in WoW arer a cross between Shaman and Mage using water elementals but commands the water very similar to resto shamans.

Mages, in general are a collection of many sub classes, priests are the same. It would be like saying why doesnt Anduin just change spec enter shadowform because he's a priest and priests do that.

basically what I am getting at is Blizzard has put gameplay over lore. Anduin is a priest, but that doesn't mean he is bound to the priest of WoW's classes. in the books he isn't a trained fighter, he doesn't like fighting and isn't very capable. as seen in the BfA cinematic where he just wails on this troll. But in lore there is no reason why a priest cannot wear plate armour or wield a sword, its restricted in game because gameplay reasons.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-13 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Thrall is like literally the prince equivalent of the Frostwolves
    When was the last time Thrall associated with the Frostwolves? Certainly not since the founding of the Horde.

And even then, his generic model is literally a Maghar.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    [QUOTE=Ardenaso;52871873]I mean Paladin is literally Priest + Warrior just as how Demon Hunters are Rogues + Warlocks[/QUOTE]

Wut +10 chars

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

if he wants to be a paladin he could at some point but he is a priest right now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    if he wants to be a paladin he could at some point but he is a priest right now.
    Yeah but he doesn't follow the same restrictions as players do so he could be either or both

10+ Year Old Account

You're being purposely obtuse. Anduin describes himself as a Priest. In-game lore and even the novels have described him as such.

"b-b-but... plate armor!" is not an excuse to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    You're being purposely obtuse. Anduin describes himself as a Priest. In-game lore and even the novels have described him as such.

"b-b-but... plate armor!" is not an excuse to say otherwise.
    Why not? Literally no other priest in lore uses plate armor and wields swords. He's definitely a paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Why not? Literally no other priest in lore uses plate armor and wields swords. He's definitely a paladin.

But that's the thing: he's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well Anduin does wear plate which is kind of the prerequisite based on the old joke of Paladins being Priests in plate.

The difference between the 2 is one is a militant order and the other is a spiritual. Technically he's a priest. Although from MoP onward's you wouldn't believe it, based on the amount of fighting Blizzard has had him do since then.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-14 at 06:02 PM.