Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    This is very well written.

The only part im not 100% sure on is the forsaken Kyrian thing because I'm pretty sure I saw a forsaken in bastion though I'll have to check. Think I saw it at The Firstborns Bounty
    By that, I mean Kyrian aren't chasing around the Forsaken, trying to take their souls back to the Shadowlands while they're "Alive"

Loras believes that Forsaken are just corpses, not alive at all... which means that Kyrians should be coming for their souls, but they're not... not until they die for real.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2020-12-13 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lore-wise only Alliance players get Jaina out right?

I mean we Horde players Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves saving her from that place is pretty wierd.
    Zandalari players that serve Talanji makes really 0 sense. And for Blood Elves you can also question them getting her out after her Dalaran bloodbath.
    Forsaken lost their home and city large part was her doing, and Orcs trusted her with Theramore being neutral and they attacked again in Cata.

Maybe it is just me but as a Horde player if one Alliance character deserves hell its Jaina.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. See Negan in TWD. Jaina seems to be softening again while still remaining on guard. I think the reunion with her mother and Baine and Thrall's interaction have finally made her come to her senses. While yes as a blood elf there will never be a good place with her, perhaps she can atone for it. Hell I'd LOVE for her to visit Garrosh in Reven and say she forgives him after seeing him in torment there. Granted he'd be like "for what?"

Baine makes sense for both factions to rescue considering he's been fairly non committed to either side or rather committed to both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    woah, this is like watching americans debating politics.

People only believe what they want to believe.

On off-topic, Thrall should have died four expansions ago but metzen's pet just keeps annoying people.
    I don't mind Thrall. Honestly he's gotten better since Metzen left as I feel he has less pull(pretty sure he still voices him right?). Then again I really didn't mind the cata thing. I don't think it was more he was a chosen one but rather who else(but Quagmire) and he fit the bill for the earth because of his elemental connection.

On off-topic, Thrall should have died four expansions ago but metzen's pet just keeps annoying people.
    Just out of curiosity, what bothered you about Thrall? Like what expansion, moment and why did it bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Why is this a mirror copy of a thread about saving Jaina as Horde?
    To humorously make a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Is this supposed to be a meme now?

Thrall, Jaina and Baine have no reason to be in Torghast. The Jailer and Sylvanas only need Anduin, so the story is the same for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    How dare you! My faction is broken! Broken I tell you! It must be fixed and I'll make multiple lists detailing exactly how to do so!
    I've gone from wondering if Vlad and Grazrug are the same person playing strawman for the other to being sure that they're different people. Instead threads like the one you're riffing on about refurbishing the Horde and waging the race war or refurbishing Teldrassil and putting the Horde in the camps are a reenactment of the Eastern Front with artistic license taken.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

He can stay in the Maw for all i Care. Awful character.

woah, this is like watching americans debating politics.

People only believe what they want to believe.

The difference being that IRL politics actually matter, because if the wrong president is elected I could get nuked LMAO.

Meanwhile WoW politics don't matter... but I don't think some people here realize they are not elves living in Dalaran or orcs living in Orgrimmar...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what bothered you about Thrall? Like what expansion, moment and why did it bother you?
    The part where he was the head writer inserting himself as Moses, who, while being part of a retcon that made the orcs more interesting in general, had his presence actively stifle them as protagonists for several expansions. His existence required the removal of every one of their prior characters who the second time around I had to kill at his side and he was so perfect and boring that within the span of one game from his introduction the race was already so irrelevant it was relegated to a bonus campaign where he wasn't the protagonist. Even when they finally kicked him out of the chair I had to follow him for an expansion being his therapist, marriage counselor and best man. All so I could have the privilege of watching Thrall, now named after Superman, kill a previously good villain reduced to a version of Godzilla for the sake of his story in the worst end raid in the entire game's lifespan. He was Anduin before Anduin, better by virtue of having his cancerous influence relegated to one faction.

Also like Anduin is showing hints of now, he became vastly more compelling dramatically in side material, especially from Wrath's side material onwards when the writers allowed him to fail and have flaws and worked with the implications of what he did and the society he'd set up. Coincidentally around the time Metzen freed up the wheel. He's got depth, but god was it a slog to get to that point and it risks being entirely wasted if they do with him what they did with Jaina in BFA.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-12-13 at 11:15 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Quite true. Theramore was not a capital when Baine attacked it. He was instrumental in organizing the Horde efforts in the defense of Zandalar, securing the Horde a foothold to launch two large scale assaults on Kul Tiras, though, which is pretty much why Jaina ended up leading that attack that you mentioned.
    Are you seriously comparing Baine's reluctant and coerced participation in an assault, including literally warning the Alliance that Theramore was the next target, to Jaina being the mastermind of an assault? Laughable. Also laughable that you are comparing defensive posture to hostilities. Jaina's genocide in Dalaran is probably her worst act, but also being the top military general and murdering a faction leader qualifies her as irredeemable.

I noticed you had no retort to Thrall. Quaint.

Dont think alot of Horde players mind that Thrall stays in the maw.
    Keep him there for all i care he turned his back to the faction since Cata ayways.

Jaina is more in line with Garrosh, now that is a Horde character i would break out of the maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You can tell it was a bait thread by the fact that OP pretty much abandoned it right away.

You can tell it's a bait thread by the fact the OP copy and pasted the exact same text from the original thread that is still on the 1st page of the Lore forum, only changing it to Horde.

Rescue Jaina from Torghast???

I swear everybody on this forum just reacts and doesn't read.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-12-13 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    You can tell it's a bait thread by the fact the OP copy and pasted the exact same text from the original thread that is still on the 1st page of the Lore forum, only changing it to Horde.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-from-Torghast

Quite literally on the 1st page. A swear some people post to just increase their post count.
    Huh, I was referring to the Jaina thread.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Thrall, Jaina and Baine have no reason to be in Torghast. The Jailer and Sylvanas only need Anduin, so the story is the same for everyone.

I bet you are just ecstatic that Anduin is such an important piece of the puzzle right now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    these types of threads are tedious and not funny

and i'm with Felfag on this one. Jaina really isn't comparable to thrall. There's really no reason for the alliance to hate thrall.

Can't wait for the Rescue Anduin from Torghast??? threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Thrall wasn't the warchief during SoO. He was one character I wonder about as to why was he taken to the Maw in the first place.
    For all his controversy outside the game, within the game setting he is still a highly respected figure in the Horde and his word carries weight, hence why he ended up being the one to step up as the orcs' representative on the new council. Also keep in mind, she sent Mawsworn after more than just the ones we saw--Tyrande had some sent after her, too, which suggests Sylvanas was trying to ambush anyone she thought had a good shot of disrupting her plans but, as is typical for villains in the setting, the adventurer was written off and ultimately proves their undoing.

On-topic: While I get people not liking XYZ character, I don't think repeating history and expecting a better outcome is going to be a very productive idea. Keeping Thrall, Anduin, Baine, and Jaina in the Maw serves no real narrative purpose from a Doylist perspective except to quell a few voices that take things fictional characters do too personally, and from a Watsonian point of view the player character is being pretty clearly established through quests as interested in freeing souls wrongfully sent to the Maw, be it for altruistic reasons, or pragmatic ones (the fewer souls in the Maw, the fewer reinforcements the Jailer can break and brainwash into serving in his army) so leaving four powerful individuals they have firsthand experience of what they can do (depending on faction) without even making the effort makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    I mean, the Jailer's still fielding an army and having those three as his lieutenants would make things a lot more difficult for his enemies, especially Jaina who is exactly as powerful as the plot needs her to be but very rarely if ever backslides on finding a new tier of power to inhabit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lore-wise only Alliance players get Jaina out right?

I mean we Horde players Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves saving her from that place is pretty wierd.
    Zandalari players that serve Talanji makes really 0 sense. And for Blood Elves you can also question them getting her out after her Dalaran bloodbath.
    Forsaken lost their home and city large part was her doing, and Orcs trusted her with Theramore being neutral and they attacked again in Cata.

Maybe it is just me but as a Horde player if one Alliance character deserves hell its Jaina.
    I am tired of such bullshit

why can't people be a bit Normal and stop crying about all shit?

when Watching Star Wars or Playing War craft, TURN OFF LOGIC!!!

also, WHAT IF Jaina/Thrall become Important Weapons of Jailer's, If left unrescued?

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    also, WHAT IF Jaina/Thrall become Important Weapons of Jailer's, If left unrescued?
    Then we kill them...