Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finished layer 6 on my Hunter on live; got Elder Longbranch for the boss in Coldheart and died to him a couple times before I got it down, but overall it hasn't been too bad as MM.

Did layer 6 on a iLvl180 premade Warrior on beta; the bosses/elites were harder, and in some cases only possible because of the Condemn knockdown anima power.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Vote the class you finished Layer 6.
    If you have multiple class, vote the easiest class.
    whats the point

L6 is a joke - its annoyingly slow and boring because mobs are healthsponges which deal negligible dmg .

in couple of weeks with gear all this place will be one huge boring joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Finished layer 6 on my Hunter on live; got Elder Longbranch for the boss in Coldheart and died to him a couple times before I got it down, but overall it hasn't been too bad as MM.

Did layer 6 on a iLvl180 premade Warrior on beta; the bosses/elites were harder, and in some cases only possible because of the Condemn knockdown anima power.
    Why do you even try it as MM? Seriously, BM picks random powers and does layer 6 while watching movie. Its just too easy.

Anyways I believe powers should be boosted. That is the whole point of roguelike to create some insane combos, not just one insane combo per class.

180 mistweaver, L4 skold took 31 min but I was super lucky to get 2 fast floors, L5 the other wing took 52 min. Both were easy but very boring and long.
    I won't go L6 to waste 2 hours for 100 ash, gotta try L7 next week, I'm sure it will be as easy just longer.

Priest - Holy was easy as hell, but took forever. Shadow was harder, but still not that bad.
    DH - Vengeance was easy as hell and actually didn't take very long. Havoc was even faster, but depends on the set of anima powers so much that some bosses might be impossible.

disc/shadow, destro/aff, and prot pally all done.

Prot was by far the easiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druid was easy except last boss, got left with 2 lives before I finally beat him.

also did it with a hunter (But I was in party with a guardian druid).

Holy priest, did both wings on 6. It takes a long while, especially as there's no OP powers from what I've seen in the past weeks. Becoming strong or not is the stacking effect from half a dozen, or even dozen different anima powers. Kinda makes me sad if it turns out there really isn't a power that's like "ok this is extremely strong".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Easy as unholy.

(Solo - ilvl 163 V DH) Failed on Warden Skoldus after 3 attempts, after which the insta-wipe mob was walking in.

Crappy anima powers through the entire run, absolutely no synergy between any of them.

By the time the boss was at 30%, he had 11-ish stacks, and was doing 14K melee swings. Not long after that, he just 1-shot me like I was nothing.
    Ranged classes with decent ability to kite definitely have an easier time on the boss.
    Gear is lacking, that's for sure, so I anticipated that this was a possibility.

I was gonna try the other tier 6 for the week, but I'm too damn exhausted by that mega long run to do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Or a bad boss. They are also random, and some are harder than others.

I assume that would have been a more interesting poll, but too many different combinations I guess.
    Is it random per run (of a specific layer) or per week (for same layer?)

Tried lvl 4 as 141 blood dk, it was easy until the. Last boss (cellblock sentinel) which murdered me. Might try again, but it would be pointless to spend another 40 mins just to die in the end of it

Torghast isn't difficult at all, and the only similarity I've been able to determine between people who say it is is that they just aren't as good as they think they are at the game. I think a lot of people pushed their first ever 15s or mythic bosses with the absurd power creep from corruption and decided that meant they were skilled, and are now being smacked in the face with the fact that they actually aren't.

You don't need some incredible synergistic giga-build that one shots everything to clear any layer of Torghast. Equally though, you can't just pick exclusively damage powers and then face pull the entire room and expect it to fall over without killing you, nor can you ignore that each level is progressively harder than the last. This is one instance where "get good" is legitimately the answer.

All 3 specs of priest were very easy. Hopefully layer 8 will provide more of a challenge.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Torghast isn't difficult at all, and the only similarity I've been able to determine between people who say it is is that they just aren't as good as they think they are at the game. I think a lot of people pushed their first ever 15s or mythic bosses with the absurd power creep from corruption and decided that meant they were skilled, and are now being smacked in the face with the fact that they actually aren't.

You don't need some incredible synergistic giga-build that one shots everything to clear any layer of Torghast. Equally though, you can't just pick exclusively damage powers and then face pull the entire room and expect it to fall over without killing you, nor can you ignore that each level is progressively harder than the last. This is one instance where "get good" is legitimately the answer.
    Nah, RNG is a definite factor. You can get amazing Anima powers in one run, and nothing great in another. With shitty anima powers and decent skill and knowledge it still should be doable, but it will be hard for players who aren't playing a good spec for it or aren't good at the game.

I've gotten as few as 19 powers in a layer 4 run, and as many as 36 in a layer 6 run. Worse is the powers I had in the layer with only 19 were all mediocre at best, not a single epic option among them. The run with 36? Literally 1/3rd of them were either rare or epic. I cleared both layers, but the layer 4 run was significantly slower and more difficult than the layer 6 run due to the differences in the anima powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

(fire) mage was easy but kinda boring because i had to wait for combust every elite.
    Working in some normal mobs to reduce the cd with kindling helped but 40~ minutes for a +6 is lame.

Without combustion all the kiting in the world won't help because your dps is so low the elite will stack up their buff and eventually smash your face in.

I still think it's okay though, 190~ilvl isn't a lot and there are only 2 more layers iirc. once i have some more gear in 2-3 weeks layer 6 is probably a breeze and 8 only mediocre.

So even if you play a weaker class for torghast or have ow gearscore can't do it yet just chill, there is enough soul ash to gain even on a bit lower layers and it'll become easier and easier with more gear + venari items.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-12-14 at 03:13 AM.

I decided to record one of my layer 6 runs earlier in the week, took it slow to collect/clear everything and I was an unstoppable god by the end of it.

I think Arms Warrior is fantastic for Torghast, but it does require that you understand the spec, can target switch effectively and know how the anima powers work and compliment each other. That said with the Anima I was gifted on this run pretty much anyone could have steamrolled it without much trouble.

The other run this week I had really bad Anima powers, some ass clenching moments but still cleared it on the first try no deaths. I think a lesser experienced/skilled player might have struggled with that loadout, the power can vary wildly.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-12-14 at 03:19 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Nah, RNG is a definite factor. You can get amazing Anima powers in one run, and nothing great in another. With shitty anima powers and decent skill and knowledge it still should be doable, but it will be hard for players who aren't playing a good spec for it or aren't good at the game.

I've gotten as few as 19 powers in a layer 4 run, and as many as 36 in a layer 6 run. Worse is the powers I had in the layer with only 19 were all mediocre at best, not a single epic option among them. The run with 36? Literally 1/3rd of them were either rare or epic. I cleared both layers, but the layer 4 run was significantly slower and more difficult than the layer 6 run due to the differences in the anima powers.
    Welcome to roguelikes. Imagine only getting good powers and absolutely obliterating anything in there. There would be no point in such "content" as it wouldn't be different for farming lower level mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I decided to record one of my layer 6 runs earlier in the week, took it slow to collect/clear everything and I was an unstoppable god by the end of it.
    I think Arms Warrior is fantastic for Torghast, but it does require that you understand the spec, can target switch effectively and know how the anima powers work and compliment each other. That said with the Anima I was gifted on this run pretty much anyone could have steamrolled it without much trouble.
    Arms at ilvl 180, layer 6, first floor door boss, died 3 times. Wasn't getting hit by many specials, literally just getting meleed to death. I was using the full toolkit of stuns, fears, reflects even had some lock candy. Closest I got him was 18%.

Got tired of it and went prot and it was easy mode. If you were Godmode ARMS, you are getting some damn good powers or your just a god amongst men. Because I never feel like a god in Arms or fury spec at layers 5 or 6. Prot, I just dive in to large packs and LOL through them.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-12-14 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Arms at ilvl 180, layer 6, first floor door boss, died 3 times. Wasn't getting hit by many specials, literally just getting meleed to death. I was using the full toolkit of stuns, fears, reflects even had some lock candy. Closest I got him was 18%.

Got tired of it and went prot and it was easy mode. If you were Godmode ARMS, you are getting some damn good powers or your just a god amongst men. Because I never feel like a god in Arms or fury spec. Prot, I just dive in to large packs and LOL through them.
    I'm definitely not a "god amongst men" but I've always been pretty adept with playing Arms, success in Torghast rests heavily on Die by the sword and getting stuff dead while it protects you. But for example on my other run where I had bad anima powers and trouble I did have to kite some mobs, thanks to my leaper boots and piercing howl I was able to kite, line of sight and heal with second wind.

Which brings me to, so many people don't understand how strong second wind is when you're able to make use of it. But largely the key to success in Torghast as arms is simply buying the upgrade from Ven'ari (maw vendor) that allows the level 3/6 vendors to sell rare anima, they will have the die by the sword increased duration on the 2nd page on both floor 3 and 6. The duration seems to work retroactively based on how many times you use DBTS while in combat, and the buffs stack.. With that knowledge you can pretty reliably reach the end boss with 2mins duration, even if you didn't get lucky with buffs you should be sorted.

As for staying in combat, if you get the "this buff stacks while in combat" anima you should have a maw rat follow you around everywhere and never kill it, so you will have permanent max stacks (example 50% damage reduction or 50% haste). That trick not much use on the level 6 boss though but hopefully by then you've sorted 100% DBTS uptime.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Disc Priest, 172 ilvl

the lack of gear already starts to notice, didn't die but slow