10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You can't outtank this Jets team if you tried. You throw an interception at the end, they'll fumble the return.
    Probably when a coach runs on the field and punches it loose.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm giving these Patriots the first drive of the second half to show they are worth watching further, but if they don't get a TD, I'm going to bed.

These Patriots have not shown to be able to turn things around when they play badly in a game. The only time they did was against the 0-16 bound Jets.

My sleep is too precious these days to watch train wrecks.

- - - Updated - - -

And right on cue they get a 10 yard loss on first down...

- - - Updated - - -

These Patriots are maddeningly inconsistent. I'm sure that if you made them play the same opponent 10 times, you would get 10 wildly different results.

There's been moments even in this game where they look like they could wax these Rams if they just played with more consistency and then they mix in those 1 or 2 plays where you wonder how they are even being paid to play professional ball.

I'll give the defense a chance to get points, but this team needs to hurry up and do SOMETHING.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that's about enough. Even the defense can't quite get their shit together today. Time for bed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to see pats play but I love to watch them lose.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of big games with postseason implications

Giants-Arizona: Arizona is 1 spot out of the playoffs and giants fighting to increase their lead in the NFC’s

Vikings-bucs: the 6 and 7 seeds both second in their division with almost no chance to win them

Chiefs-dolphins: chiefs fighting for a bye while miami is currently in 6th with the same record as 7th

Colts-raiders: 7 and 8 seeds with a 1 win difference

Washington-niners: weak records but both only a game behind the division leader and 7 seed

Steelers-bills: 1 and 3 seed. Probably more important to the Steelers as they fight for a bye. Bills are only 1 win ahead of Miami but 4-0 in division

Ravens-browns: 5 and 9 seed. Browns have a 2 game lead over 8th seed but Ravens are desperate and rebounding from current injuries and losses
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Yeah 49ers vs WFT is tricky one, I think WFT might win but I picked 49ers to win cuz I wanted Giants to win the division...

Why is Belichick committing to starting Cam Newton again next week at QB? It's mind-boggling. This season is a lost cause, and it's blatantly obvious Cam is not the long-term solution at quarterback. Jarrett Stidham probably isn't either, but at least see what you have in him so you know what to look for in the draft/free agency next season.

Cam is far from the only problem the Pats have, but he's definitely part of the problem. Continuing to give him starts accomplishes nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is Cam looked solid until he got rona. He was for sure comeback player of the year at that point. I don't think Stidham is gonna get you any more wins than Cam will. That offense is a mess. Doesn't help that NE decided the tight end position doesn't exist after gronk left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thing is Cam looked solid until he got rona. He was for sure comeback player of the year at that point. I don't think Stidham is gonna get you any more wins than Cam will. That offense is a mess. Doesn't help that NE decided the tight end position doesn't exist after gronk left.
    The season was only 3 weeks old when Cam got COVID. I don't think anyone is a shoe-in for comeback player that early. Of those 3 games, he played well against the Dolphins and the Seahawks and then had a mediocre game against the Raiders. Since then, he's been mostly awful with a couple good games sprinkled in between. I agree that the whole offense is horrible, but he's been a part of that horridness.

The Patriots' playoff chances are all but eliminated. The point of playing Stidham isn't to win more games this season, but to see if he's capable of being their starter next year. If he is, great. If he's not (which is likely the case), at least they know they need to either draft a QB or sign one in free agency. Cam was only signed to a 1-year deal anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Doesn't help that NE decided the tight end position doesn't exist after gronk left.
    We drafted 2 TE's this year, but rookie TE's historically never produce, rookies for Belichick rarely see the field and we have had no preseason of any form to get these guys up to speed on what is likely the most complex position on the offense behind QB.

We honestly have no idea even yet if these 2 TE's are worth a damn or not, since they have seen almost no snaps. Hopefully we can have an actual off season with them next year and see what we have in them and if we need veteran help at the position or not.

Current nominal starter (now on IR) was certainly not doing much beyond being okay blocking. So you are not wrong about Belichick ignoring the position, but, there's nuances to it.

Took 2 pass attempts for Lock to throw a hospital ball over the head of a 6'4 receiver on a less than 10 yard pass attempt.

On the plus side, Dionte Spencer finally broke a punt return for a TD. Usually his big returns get called back for holding way away from him.

Mahomes just set an NFL record, but not one that he wants. He took a 30-yard sack, which I believe is the longest sack in NFL history. He ran almost straight backwards toward his own end zone thinking he could outrun a Dolphins linebacker. Spoiler alert: he couldn't.

Edit: After doing a bit of research, apparently it's only 2nd-longest sack in NFL history. Ryan Tannehill took a 38-yard sack against Washington in 2015.
    Last edited by Ursus; 2020-12-13 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Mahomes was anyone other than Patrick Mahomes, he'd be getting slaughtered for this first quarter performance.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

This has been a weird week. Mahomes throws 3 picks and takes a 30 yard sack while Drew Lock throws 4 TDs and no picks. The Eagles beat the Saints, and an NFCE team has 6 wins with 3 games left. At least the Raiders gave up a ton of points to make it have something normal.

The Bills' right tackle false starts on literally half the plays. It's not by a huge amount, but he definitely gets an early and obvious start. The refs called a penalty on him at the very start of the game for it, but haven't since then. Apparently they have decided they'd rather not call it at all instead of having to call it 25 times throughout the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like all the close games the chiefs win just really shows you how better their coaching staff along with QB is to other teams. They can turn on the heat when needed and pull out the plays.

Most likely to get bounced in the first round: Steelers, Seahawks or a Brees-less(or a less than 100% Brees) Saints team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Mahomes just set an NFL record, but not one that he wants. He took a 30-yard sack, which I believe is the longest sack in NFL history. He ran almost straight backwards toward his own end zone thinking he could outrun a Dolphins linebacker. Spoiler alert: he couldn't.

Edit: After doing a bit of research, apparently it's only 2nd-longest sack in NFL history. Ryan Tannehill took a 38-yard sack against Washington in 2015.
    Not surprising to hear Tannehill has the record.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Jackson is the fastest dude on the field by a lot. No one is even coming close when he starts running.

- - - Updated - - -

So far clevelands mvp of this game is jacksons cleats as he slips all over the field. I would say it's a field issue but Jacksons is the only one having that problem. Someone needs to get him deeper cleats.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile browns kicker (cody parkey) missed 4 points on chip shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even a Browns fan and the Browns manage to disappoint me.

That's a tough loss to swallow. On one hand the Browns looked really good like they're ready to compete, but on the other hand it's still an L.
    rip :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    That's a tough loss to swallow. On one hand the Browns looked really good like they're ready to compete, but on the other hand it's still an L.
    rip :/
    Browns need to be consistently this good. The fact they play like this late in the season tells me that maybe you got something in your coaching staff and that they might be able to continue like this, now and next season.