Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Spoken like someone that has never done top level raiding or accomplished anything top tier in WoW.
    I don’t need to list off all the things I have done in this game, but I have accomplished every single achievement I have aimed for a strived for in this game. When I wanted to go deep and beat the most recent mythic raiding tier, I have done it. It’s not hard. The only thing this game requires you to do is keep up with your weekly/daily chores to get your gear as high as it possibly can, and then join a guild that is consistent and just hope you don’t have people who are half asleep in the raid group. Even if you have a group full of dumb dumbs week one, the next week in inevitably becomes easier because of the gear people get from their nonsense.

This game doesn’t take skill, it takes time. The fact that people are making fun of the ease of classic and saying “lol it’s not hard it just takes time” while playing retail and acting like that isn’t exactly what it is as well, seriously makes me giggle.

Oh wow mythic raiding in retail makes me move my character from point a to point be 5 times more than classic, dude this game is so hard. On a personal level, it’s not hard, the difficulty comes from getting people who aren’t brain dead.

Look at lfr. Lfr is seriously a god damn joke on a personal level. But you can still spend 5 hours wiping because you have 11 year olds and people watching Netflix not even looking at their screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I don’t need to list off all the things I have done in this game, but I have accomplished every single achievement I have aimed for a strived for in this game. When I wanted to go deep and beat the most recent mythic raiding tier, I have done it. It’s not hard. The only thing this game requires you to do is keep up with your weekly/daily chores to get your gear as high as it possibly can, and then join a guild that is consistent and just hope you don’t have people who are half asleep in the raid group. Even if you have a group full of dumb dumbs week one, the next week in inevitably becomes easier because of the gear people get from their nonsense.

This game doesn’t take skill, it takes time. The fact that people are making fun of the ease of classic and saying “lol it’s not hard it just takes time” while playing retail and acting like that isn’t exactly what it is as well, seriously makes me giggle.

Oh wow mythic raiding in retail makes me move my character from point a to point be 5 times more than classic, dude this game is so hard. On a personal level, it’s not hard, the difficulty comes from getting people who aren’t brain dead.

Look at lfr. Lfr is seriously a god damn joke on a personal level. But you can still spend 5 hours wiping because you have 11 year olds and people watching Netflix not even looking at their screen.
    You are the wrong place if you think people here are rational.
    People here on MMO champion think wow pve is hard, and if u beat it u accomplished something in your life, and its harder than classic.

I think MMO-champion is the only place left for these kind of people...

These kind of people only come to classic forums, because they can't stand that when TBC comes out everyone will be PVPing on there and most will abandon retail wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Duebuck View Post
    only thing actually making Classic terrible is the current classic community.
    I am a huge fan of classic but I got to agree. A lot of poison is in that community. Some of it is obvious and direct but a lot of is is silent and still. I was in a long time guild that pretty much has turned into a get the legendary staff for Baal and fuck the raid team type of place. It is sad.

Fuck Impervious NSFW..

Classic isn't too easy. Retail is too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Classic isn't too easy. Retail is too hard.
    It's a bit of both I'd say. MOP difficulty was pretty perfect, after that it became too hard.

If 1000 guilds can clear Naxx in a week that's way too easy, if 1000 guilds can't clear a mythic raid during its entire lifespan as current content then that's too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's a bit of both I'd say. MOP difficulty was pretty perfect, after that it became too hard.

If 1000 guilds can clear Naxx in a week that's way too easy, if 1000 guilds can't clear a mythic raid during its entire lifespan as current content then that's too hard.
    Unfortunately retail's difficulty isn't immediately apparent because people can do LFR, Normal, Heroic etc. and then claim that the game is "easy". Casually raiding Mythic is nigh impossible because casual Mythic guilds either succeed and become hardcore, or they fail and disband. If they tuned down the difficulty say 20% it would still be plenty challenging but it would be feasible for people on a 1 night a week schedule to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Unfortunately retail's difficulty isn't immediately apparent because people can do LFR, Normal, Heroic etc. and then claim that the game is "easy". Casually raiding Mythic is nigh impossible because casual Mythic guilds either succeed and become hardcore, or they fail and disband. If they tuned down the difficulty say 20% it would still be plenty challenging but it would be feasible for people on a 1 night a week schedule to clear.
    I don’t think difficulty of the actual raids have anything to do with it, people just don’t raid like this anymore, at least a majority don’t.

Remember when all the classic players were posting the amount of raid activity to retails and claiming that classic is 2x the size of retail? Yeah retail folk really jumped on the gun to explain left and right that it wasn’t about population but people just not raiding like they do in classic. I just find it funny that now retail players are looking at that number and saying “it’s just so hard people can’t do it”.

You gotta choose one fellas. Is classic bigger than retail, but retails raids are harder? Or is retail bigger than classic and the number of clears are so low because people just simply don’t raid as much. You can’t have both lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If we had a 1.1 version of Vanilla WoW, you'd see a lot more guilds wiping even in MC.
    100% no you wouldn't lol. I'm not sure if you play Classic or not, but it really is incredibly easy. No one ever denied it was easy. The hard part of Classic is the time commitment, and always has been. Even in PvP, farming honor is the "hard" part of getting GM, not defeating other players. People wipe in Naxx now because 1) they underestimate the fights, and 2) there are more than 1 or 2 boss abilities going on.

I'm enjoying Classic a lot, but people need to know that it's just a fun, nostalgic experience.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

I'm sorry but are you seriously trying to say WoW is challenging in any sort of way when it comes to pve? Dude, this game is basically a warm body check when it comes to pve.

Doing the same boring shit every week to get better and better gear to do the dance dance Revolution that is wow raiding. You can’t say something like “resistance farming isn’t difficulty” and then talk about retail likes it’s some sort of skill check. It’s just doing the same shit every week, getting better gear and overpowered shit because of it, then you eventually just steamroll content.
    So what you're saying is that you've never done Mythic raiding of current raids.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think difficulty of the actual raids have anything to do with it, people just don’t raid like this anymore, at least a majority don’t.

Remember when all the classic players were posting the amount of raid activity to retails and claiming that classic is 2x the size of retail? Yeah retail folk really jumped on the gun to explain left and right that it wasn’t about population but people just not raiding like they do in classic. I just find it funny that now retail players are looking at that number and saying “it’s just so hard people can’t do it”.

You gotta choose one fellas. Is classic bigger than retail, but retails raids are harder? Or is retail bigger than classic and the number of clears are so low because people just simply don’t raid as much. You can’t have both lol.
    Remember when Classic raids were immediately completed by people that weren't even level 60 yet, in greens, and not a full raid group? Oh but Classic is sooooooooo difficult....

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So what you're saying is that you've never done Mythic raiding of current raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when Classic raids were immediately completed by people that weren't even level 60 yet, in greens, and not a full raid group? Oh but Classic is sooooooooo difficult....
    Yes I have cleared recent mythic raids, once again I have no desire in giving you a list because it is irrelevant. Also, I never said anything about classic raids being tough or harder? They are a joke too. I specifically said wow pve as a whole is no gauge for skill or difficulty. I’m making fun of the retail folk here making fun of classic just calling it a “time sink” as if retail isn’t the exact same thing.

Yes I have cleared recent mythic raids, once again I have no desire in giving you a list because it is irrelevant. Also, I never said anything about classic raids being tough or harder? They are a joke too. I specifically said wow pve as a whole is no gauge for skill or difficulty. I’m making fun of the retail folk here making fun of classic just calling it a “time sink” as if retail isn’t the exact same thing.
    The only people who make comments like this are people that have never actually done mythic raiding lmao. Saying they're not difficult shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Classic IS just a time sink. There is no skill needed and it's not difficult at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Resistance gating isn't difficulty.
    There's only one "resistance" fight in Naxx. And it's not the one most guilds are stuck on.

the bosses have like two mechanics if you're lucky and for the most part it's just one.
    Thanks for outright admitting you've never played it.

Continue on seething and frothing over a 15 year old MMORPG being more popular than your precious World of Diablocraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell no, it's like day and night. The private server community is filled with racists bordering on nazis, homophobia is a very commun occurance.
    I'm curious as to what "private server community" you were in, because I played a handful of different pservers from 2015-2019 and never encountered "racism", "nazis" or "homophobia".

But given your continued shitposting against Classic, I feel pretty confident that you're just making shit up

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when Dark Souls was cleared in 35 minutes by a character with almost no equipment? Oh yeah sooooooooo difficult....

That's what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    There's only one "resistance" fight in Naxx. And it's not the one most guilds are stuck on.

Thanks for outright admitting you've never played it.

Continue on seething and frothing over a 15 year old MMORPG being more popular than your precious World of Diablocraft.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious as to what "private server community" you were in, because I played a handful of different pservers from 2015-2019 and never encountered "racism", "nazis" or "homophobia".

But given your continued shitposting against Classic, I feel pretty confident that you're just making shit up

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when Dark Souls was cleared in 35 minutes by a character with almost no equipment? Oh yeah sooooooooo difficult....

That's what you sound like.
    LMFAO oh you mean the people that used bugs and exploits to do it? Something you CAN'T do in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If we had a 1.1 version of Vanilla WoW, you'd see a lot more guilds wiping even in MC.
    Nope. Players today are infinitely more skilled than they were back in 2004. We know all the best raid strats, raid comps, consumes, gear, talents, etc.

The vast majority of vanilla's difficulty was:

-the game was new
    -players were bad and most people didn't care to look up how to improve their gameplay
    -crappy computers playing at 15fps on laggy DSL connections
    -unstable servers that would d/c you, disconnecting mid-fight was a common occurrence even in Naxx
    -and yeah, crappy talents/spells that made no sense, like Warrior threat was garbage and your highest tps was literally spamming sunder nonstop

But given how massively skilled players are today compared to 2004, nah, I don't think we'd have that much trouble with a true patch 1.1 vanilla.

The only people who make comments like this are people that have never actually done mythic raiding lmao. Saying they're not difficult shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Classic IS just a time sink. There is no skill needed and it's not difficult at all.
    Well your first sentence is already incorrect because I have cleared these things and I am in fact saying this. You sound like a classic wow nax raider claiming no one else can do what they do without being a god lol. You and the classic wow players are literally the same exact people but just on different games.

LMFAO
    Always a great start to a rebuttal.

oh you mean the people that used bugs and exploits to do it? Something you CAN'T do in WoW?
    1. No bugs or exploits were used, that'd be against the speedrun rules
    2. fucking lmao @ "WoW has no bugs or exploits", that's just flat out wrong

The point I'm making is that you are looking at the top 0.1% of insanely bleeding-edge skilled players, and proclaiming that the game is easy based on that.....no fucking shit it's going to be easy for people who have been playing and practicing it for years.

No shit vanilla is going to be super easy for sweaty bleeding-edge players, just like Dark Souls, regarded as one of the hardest games ever, is going to be easy for someone who speedruns it and is extremely skilled at it.

What next, are you going to proclaim that baseball is easy and requires no skill, because of all these major league teams that can play it well?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2020-12-13 at 06:43 PM.

Well your first sentence is already incorrect because I have cleared these things and I am in fact saying this. You sound like a classic wow nax raider claiming no one else can do what they do without being a god lol. You and the classic wow players are literally the same exact people but just on different games.
    I don't believe that at all. I don't even play Classic mostly because it's boring and super easy mode. But I AM a mythic raider so saying it's as easy as you're saying just shows you have never done current content at mythic tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Always a great start to a rebuttal.

1. No bugs or exploits were used, that'd be against the speedrun rules
    2. fucking lmao @ "WoW has no bugs or exploits", that's just flat out wrong

The point I'm making is that you are looking at the top 0.1% of insanely bleeding-edge skilled players, and proclaiming that the game is easy based on that.....no fucking shit it's going to be easy for people who have been playing and practicing it for years.

No shit vanilla is going to be super easy for sweaty bleeding-edge players, just like Dark Souls, regarded as one of the hardest games ever, is going to be easy for someone who speedruns it and is extremely skilled at it.

What next, are you going to proclaim that baseball is easy and requires no skill, because of all these major league teams that can play it well?
    Actually, no. Using exploits and bugs is NOT against the rules. And no. I was saying that using bugs and exploits gets you banned. You can do it but you're gonna get your account suspended.

And Classic is easy for EVERYONE. It was only difficult way back in the day because people had crap computers and were still using dial-up internet. Even people who are not hardcore players cleared each raid within the first week.

The hardest thing about Vanilla was farming the materials for the raid, which was harder than the raids themselves, barring the almost impossible fights without exploits. Hell you couldn't even find guides about your class and shit back then, or raid guides, which didn't really become a thing until TBC, and those were all text written guides on videos lol

I suppose that's because, at the end of the day, the fights really weren't difficult enough for them. It didn't take much to understand them.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I don't believe that at all. I don't even play Classic mostly because it's boring and super easy mode. But I AM a mythic raider so saying it's as easy as you're saying just shows you have never done current content at mythic tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no. Using exploits and bugs is NOT against the rules. And no. I was saying that using bugs and exploits gets you banned. You can do it but you're gonna get your account suspended.

And Classic is easy for EVERYONE. It was only difficult way back in the day because people had crap computers and were still using dial-up internet. Even people who are not hardcore players cleared each raid within the first week.
    “You’re saying something is easy that I find really hard, therefor I don’t think you’ve done it”

So basically you’re taking the exact same stance as classic raiders as well? Also you just admitted to not raiding classic yet calling it easy mode. My guy, do you see the issue here or do I really need to say it?

I’ve done both. Both are a joke. Both just require warm bodies that aren’t afk and can follow SUPER simple instructions while also putting in the time to get their gear boosted up.

“You’re saying something is easy that I find really hard, therefor I don’t think you’ve done it”

So basically you’re taking the exact same stance as classic raiders as well? Also you just admitted to not raiding classic yet calling it easy mode. My guy, do you see the issue here or do I really need to say it?

I’ve done both. Both are a joke. Both just require warm bodies that aren’t afk and can follow SUPER simple instructions while also putting in the time to get their gear boosted up.
    There isn't a single classic raider that has said the raids are hard, dude. I raided in vanilla and didn't care to do it again on Classic. Stop trying to claim your experience in LFR as being mythic raiding.