Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There isn't a single classic raider that has said the raids are hard, dude. I raided in vanilla and didn't care to do it again on Classic. Stop trying to claim your experience in LFR as being mythic raiding.
    No classic raider has said raiding is hard? Are you reading the same thread as me? Dude we are literally surrounded by people saying it, RIGHT NOW.

Actually know what? I think I know why you think retail raiding is hard now lol.

Awareness level -100

Holy shit I just noticed, you even are QUOTING a guy saying it. Hollllllyyyy
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-12-13 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo97 View Post
    Hmm i think retail community is a lot worse though.
    I think the reason for this is Classic is mainly a PvP community with a higher overall skillcap as they are generally people with experience that quit wow when it started sucking after wotlk.

There's a high skill ceilling in classic PvP rotation wise, u have spell batching u don't have that in retail, and all abillties are also pro-active in classic.
    Note im not saying classic pvp system is more skill based, but the overall game is higher skill cap.

And no one plays PvE for skill cap anyways, as theres generally no skill in PvE in WoW, ur playing against NPCs with all tactics known, u don't do that in PvP
    What do you mean with there is no skill in PvE? Link your main character, and I am 100% confident, that you have not done ANY high end PvE content in WoW ever.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a single classic raider that has said the raids are hard, dude. I raided in vanilla and didn't care to do it again on Classic. Stop trying to claim your experience in LFR as being mythic raiding.
    There are plenty who say classic is harder than retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo97 View Post
    What do u mean? Does anyone really play PvE for skill? i dont think so not even in retail..
    ? What do you think are world first raiders doing? Mythic raiding is pretty difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Only about 7% of guilds cleared Naxx in the first week.

chill with the elitism
    Yeah, and I doubt that more 7% of guilds killed more than 5 HC bosses this week. So...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    No classic raider has said raiding is hard? Are you reading the same thread as me? Dude we are literally surrounded by people saying it, RIGHT NOW.

Actually know what? I think I know why you think retail raiding is hard now lol.

Awareness level -100

Holy shit I just noticed, you even are QUOTING a guy saying it. Hollllllyyyy
    People who says classic raiding is hard people who have never actually done any raiding in classic. Kinda like how you have never done mythic raiding in current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    What do you mean with there is no skill in PvE? Link your main character, and I am 100% confident, that you have not done ANY high end PvE content in WoW ever.

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty who say classic is harder than retail.

- - - Updated - - -

? What do you think are world first raiders doing? Mythic raiding is pretty difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and I doubt that more 7% of guilds killed more than 5 HC bosses this week. So...?
    And the people who say classic is harder than retail have never done much of anything in retail. It's that simple.

People who says classic raiding is hard people who have never actually done any raiding in classic. Kinda like how you have never done mythic raiding in current content.

- - - Updated - - -

And the people who say classic is harder than retail have never done much of anything in retail. It's that simple.
    People who are saying classic raiding is hard have... never done it? What? Why on earth would anyone call classic hard if they have never done it? Wait so does that also mean people who are calling retail raiding hard, also have never done it?

You may want to walk through your logic before you speak lol. I 100% see why you think raiding is hard now.

I just said what I said: There are plenty who say classic is harder than retail.

Not that they are correct, just that you are incorrect by saying "no classic raider ever said classic is harder than retail".

People who are saying classic raiding is hard have... never done it? What? Why on earth would anyone call classic hard if they have never done it? Wait so does that also mean people who are calling retail raiding hard, also have never done it?

You may want to walk through your logic before you speak lol. I 100% see why you think raiding is hard now.
    Everyone was saying before it launched that classic was super hard and that it would "weed out the casuals". Then you never heard anything like that again after it launched lmao.

I don’t need to list off all the things I have done in this game, but I have accomplished every single achievement I have aimed for a strived for in this game. When I wanted to go deep and beat the most recent mythic raiding tier, I have done it. It’s not hard. The only thing this game requires you to do is keep up with your weekly/daily chores to get your gear as high as it possibly can, and then join a guild that is consistent and just hope you don’t have people who are half asleep in the raid group. Even if you have a group full of dumb dumbs week one, the next week in inevitably becomes easier because of the gear people get from their nonsense.

This game doesn’t take skill, it takes time. The fact that people are making fun of the ease of classic and saying “lol it’s not hard it just takes time” while playing retail and acting like that isn’t exactly what it is as well, seriously makes me giggle.

Oh wow mythic raiding in retail makes me move my character from point a to point be 5 times more than classic, dude this game is so hard. On a personal level, it’s not hard, the difficulty comes from getting people who aren’t brain dead.

Look at lfr. Lfr is seriously a god damn joke on a personal level. But you can still spend 5 hours wiping because you have 11 year olds and people watching Netflix not even looking at their screen.
    Translation: I got to 1500 rating in PvP and farmed heroic dungeons in PvE.

Everyone was saying before it launched that classic was super hard and that it would "weed out the casuals". Then you never heard anything like that again after it launched lmao.
    You are literally JUST TALKING to a guy who was JUST SAYING this exact thing. Are you seriously this delusional?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Translation: I got to 1500 rating in PvP and farmed heroic dungeons in PvE.
    Not sure how pvp got brought up lol, I’ve gotten glad in season 5, 8, last season of mop and first season of wod then stopped doing arena because of how much the pace of the game changed. But sure, let’s use this as your head cannon.

Not sure how pvp got brought up lol, I’ve gotten glad in season 5, 8, last season of mop and first season of wod then stopped doing arena because of how much the pace of the game changed. But sure, let’s use this as your head cannon.
    Sure bro, link some proof and we can all agree.

Dude there isn't a single player saying mythic raids are hard either? Only you.

You think u're good because u cleared mythic where all tactics are known.

Go get 2.6k rating in PvP then u accomplished something

I can agree casual pvp at around 1800 rating is like mythic raiding difficullity wise.

Uh sure I’m not linking you my main account but here is the one that I got my latest glads on. Idk if my achievements will show and it looks like my collections is fucked but you can see my title is still on

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lthuzad/havix/

So.....Do you just accept their proof and admit you might be wrong? Or double down...... /popcorn

Uh sure I’m not linking you my main account but here is the one that I got my latest glads on. Idk if my achievements will show and it looks like my collections is fucked but you can see my title is still on

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lthuzad/havix/
    That's a nice rank 1 glad, any shot of a char screen?

That would require me to pay a month sub on this account, just to prove you that this is me? Yeah I went around and googled around for a random level 40 something that happened to have the titles I said they had. Not to even mention installing retail, no thanks.

I do not care about the proof you want, this is me and this is what I said. .
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-12-13 at 09:50 PM.

That would require me to pay a month sub on this account, just to prove you that this is me? Yeah I went around and googled around for a random level 40 something that happened to have the titles I said they had. Not to even mention installing retail, no thanks.

I do not care about the proof you want, this is me and this is what I said. .
    Lmao you say that as if no one would ever do that on mmo champ or the internet. However, I think I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Nice one.

Right, the double down. You asked for proof, proof was provided. From your dismissal of the proof, i suspect an armory link wouldn't be enough - do you need to stand behind them and watch every match for the entire season before believing them?

I'll tell you why retail raiding isn't popular. To raid mythic you need to do a metric ton of extra-raid crap to stay relevant, e.g. m+ and pvp. You are basically committing huge chunks of time for raid prep and you end up with gear that is equal to if not better than what raids drop just from doing m+ and arena. So basically gear isn't a reward for clearing mythic. There are only 2 long-term rewards: cutting edge achievements (which basically give you bragging rights for only one tier and then no one gives a hoot about them anymore) and gear that is unique to raids (trinkets). So why bother raiding if you're going to be only marginally better geared than a non-raiding character while putting in 2x, 3x the effort?

p.s. raiding mythic is NOT fun. the encounters themselves are fun, yes. the competition and the prep work surrounding mythic raiding however is a massive source of stress and far outweighs any fun from playing the encounters.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2020-12-13 at 10:28 PM.

I see a lot of topics in this thread but almost nothing about the difficulty of Classic.
    Actual topics here include: retail, retail raiding, retail mythic raiding, retail pvp, retail, pvp, and retail.
    Basically it.

And Classic is easy for EVERYONE.
    So why have less than 10% of guilds cleared naxx?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I see a lot of topics in this thread but almost nothing about the difficulty of Classic.
    Actual topics here include: retail, retail raiding, retail mythic raiding, retail pvp, retail, pvp, and retail.
    Basically it.
    the difficulty was always in the logistics and preparation, getting 40 ppl that aren't shit to show up on the same day, with enough consumables to wipe for 4hrs.

its noticeable more in naxx where if you don't just kill the boss, then each wipe where everyone pots is costing 1000s of gold. as a tank I can use mongoose, elixir of superior defence and giants elixir, plus chimera / rum food and drink buffs, stonescale 2k armor pots, 40 ppl popping 3 elixirs, sharpening stones, flasks, and other shit like juju's. it takes time to grind this shit and it takes even longer to grind a stockpile that'll last a month. everyone in the raid putting in the time to log in before the raid starts to run dire maul north for the buffs, going back to the capital to get the other buffs and going to zandalar isle to get that buff. its not difficult in the mechanical sense its difficult in the logistical and or preparation sense. if everyone does this, it benefits the whole raid, if no one does this, you won't be setting any records.

at this point in time, its no mystery where you get the things you need, all of the niche buffs that you can stack for a minor benefit on a certain boss, ppl subbing multiple accounts so they have their own summoning team. I think 2 or 3 ppl in my guild sub multiple accounts just to summon with. its gone beyond what was possible back in the day. the whole thing has been perfected.

the buff stacking trivialises most of the content in even naxx, although without them, its balanced more, for patchwerk for example, as a tank you need over 9k hp if you have that without world buffs each hateful is probably going to leave you at less than 1k hp it'll be a lot closer to you dying, than it would be if you have 11k hp with world buffs leaving you at 3k after each hateful. meaning you have more wiggle room and less chance of the RNG just killing you rolling high enough to do so.

not everyone wants to go through the boredom of farming consumables and stacking world buffs every raid, where some raids you get unlucky and lose ppl or the whole raid wipes on the first boss or even the first trash, had an aq40 that went like that, everyone fully buffed up, pulled 2 mana drainers one explodes wipes out the raid (apart from the tanks because we have enough hp to survive it) but all that effort pissed away in a minute. I can see why ppl don't care much for it. perhaps it puts more emphasis on doing well rather than just face rolling the keyboard. I don't know, its a lot more meta today than it was. the difficulties that once were, have been worked around the issues that made logistics a problem. for the most part. the biggest challenge ofc is burnout, since we started molten core in week 2, I think we've lost probably over 10 ppl, dudes who were raiding for a while got gear and eventually just stopped playing for one reason or another, it can be difficult to recover from this if it happens too often your guild could end up stuck repeating old content. or you just end up recruiting a new guy who doesn't have better gear than the one who left. meaning you then need to gear them up or carry them until they get better gear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-12-14 at 06:48 AM.