10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    But Antifa and BLM are the violent ones.

Fuck these people, I hope they get locked up and that the key to their door's food flap gets thrown away.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a court order prohibited Team Trump from expelling children, they decided they were just going to do it anyhow.

U.S. border officials have expelled at least 66 unaccompanied migrant children without a court hearing or asylum interview since a federal judge ordered them to stop the practice, the Trump administration conceded on Saturday.

In a filing in federal court in Washington, Justice Department lawyers acknowledged the expulsions represented a "contravention" of a ruling issued by U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan in November that prohibits the Trump administration from using a pandemic-era emergency border policy to expel minors who are apprehended without their parents or legal guardians.

"Defendants regret that class members were expelled contrary to the Court's injunction and are committed to full compliance with the Court's injunction going forward," Justice Department attorneys wrote.
    As @Edge- would say, the cruelty is the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs naptime...

I mean, what? Does he have his sentences backwards? Wouldn't vetoing the Defense bill be the only way China wins?

Not that his veto will be meaningful, but still.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Someone needs naptime
    Still claiming he's going to veto, huh? Well, I guess that's settled.

Love that Twitter flag, of course. Man, there's gotta be champagne on ice for when they can kick his fat ass off for breaking their rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Someone needs naptime...

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LbEHjEE.png[/

I mean, what? Does he have his sentences backwards? Wouldn't vetoing the Defense bill be the only way China wins?

Not that his veto will be meaningful, but still.
    Vetoing a bill that passed with a veto-proof majority?

Big oof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Vetoing a bill that passed with a veto-proof majority?
    He's taking a stand on pricinple. The principle of "Twitter and FB didn't do what I said"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    After a court order prohibited Team Trump from expelling children, they decided they were just going to do it anyhow.

As @Edge- would say, the cruelty is the point.
    "yeah we knowingly ignored the court but we're going to stop now that you caught us" is the sort of thing that should see every high level person involved with this thrown in jail for contempt of court. Courts tend to look very badly on ignoring their rulings.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Love that Twitter flag, of course. Man, there's gotta be champagne on ice for when they can kick his fat ass off for breaking their rules.
    I wonder if his account will be shut down completely on Jan 22.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two sources tell the NYTimes that the WH is expected to get the vaccine first.

You know, the thing they all said was a hoax and blow over by Easter. They get the vaccine first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wonder if his account will be shut down completely on Jan 22.
    @ImpOTUS is taken. I just checked.

I still kinda don't. At this point, saying "This claim about election fraud is disputed" really doesn't go far enough. I don't care that he's still the President for another month and a bit, delete his treasonous tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I still kinda don't. At this point, saying "This claim about election fraud is disputed" really doesn't go far enough. I don't care that he's still the President for another month and a bit, delete his treasonous tweets.
    I believe they legally cannot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/u...gtype=Homepage

US government systems hacked by a foreign company under Trump. Not great, they got into treasury/commerce : |

You know, the thing they all said was a hoax and blow over by Easter. They get the vaccine first.

- - - Updated - - -

refuse to wear mask
    distance
    stop having parties it does not need to have
    superspreaders
    etc

they should be fucking last
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/u...gtype=Homepage

US government systems hacked by a foreign company under Trump. Not great, they got into treasury/commerce : |
    I'm sure putin called trump and said it wasn't him, which is all the proof trumps needs to not care about this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm sure putin called trump and said it wasn't him, which is all the proof trumps needs to not care about this.
    I bet Putin called trump and told him it was the Chinese, trying to get another virus into the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say one of the minor things I'm excited about with Trump being evicted, is how long Melania stays with him post-1/21. I would give good money to see the pre-nup they renegotiated after Donnie Dip-Shit stole the Presidency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I still strongly, however, believe in and agree with one thing Trump is still saying: COVID originated in China and as a result of how we open our borders so freely, someone inevitably waltzed over and unleashed our current problems.
    That's not what Trump said. Trump said that Covid was a hoax invented to make him look bad. And even when the evidence was piled so high in front of him that he had to accept it was real, he still blamed everyone but himself for the US's abysmal response that has resulted in a ludicrous number of preventable deaths.

Also, when conservatives talk about "open borders" they have always meant immigration. You know what brought Covid here? It wasn't immigration, it was people simply traveling. And it wasn't people from any one particular place. In fact, numerous US citizens who were visiting or living abroad are likely to have brought it within the country. Do you really want the US to be North Korea and completely close our borders to travelers at all? Cause that goes beyond even the normal insanity of wanting to end travel between countries.

For near the entirety of human history, people who wanted to move from one place to another did so freely. Aside from all out wars creating borders, there were no hard borders that restricted the movement of people from one place to another. This idea of restricting where people could and could not move and live is something that was brought about within the last 100 years or so, barring few exceptions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I bet Putin called trump and told him it was the Chinese, trying to get another virus into the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say one of the minor things I'm excited about with Trump being evicted, is how long Melania stays with him post-1/21. I would give good money to see the pre-nup they renegotiated after Donnie Dip-Shit stole the Presidency.
    Find it funny how chummy biden is supposedly with China, yet I don't think Biden would give china such a big win by veto the defense bill. Such projection.

As for Melania, they are renovating where he stays down in mar-a-lago and she is looking for a place for Barron to go to school down there. So looks like she's planning on staying with him for at least a little while.... or at least until they are kicked out of mar-a-lago because currently, since trump signed an agreement with palm beach that trump can't live there. and once he's not president anymore, palm beach ain't gonna give him any leeway with that agreement anymore. Maybe when they get kicked out of 2 residences in less than 30 days, she'll leave him.

edit - actually just looked it up, the agreement is 21 days in one year period trump can stay there. so if the the belief he leaves for mar-a-lago for xmas and doesn't return, trump will be evicted by the white house on jan 20th, and then evicted from mar-a-lago the very next day.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-14 at 01:00 AM.

Smaller report today. It's Sunday, so there's not much to go on and I have an early day of physical therapy tomorrow.

187,901 new cases; about 4k more than last Sunday but that will go up once Michigan's numbers come in. They're late.

Tennessee had the only notable record I've seen today, reporting over 11k new cases.

1,379 deaths--which will probably get bumped up to over 1.4k once Michigan reports--is about 300 more than last Sunday, bringing the total to 306,459. That's a pretty big bump for a Sunday.

Related news:

Trump claimed that COVID-19 vaccine would have taken 'five years' to develop if he weren't president--This is rich coming from the fucktard who denied COVID-19 was even a problem the entirety of the pandemic. Publicly, at least.

Kizzmekia Corbett praised as key scientist behind COVID-19 vaccine--Nothing snarky to say here. Kudos to her.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    saying "This claim about election fraud is disputed" really doesn't go far enough.
    It's fairly impressive they will say that about Individual-One though. I mean, Trump's threatening to veto a defense bill because they're flagging him.

- - - Updated - - -

The head of the FDA says that Americans hesitant to get the vaccine could be a significant hazard.

It might have something to do with Trump being an anti-vaxxer and backing conspiracy theories.