Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Almost all choices they made in the Disney Star Wars universe, its to mutch to name but alot of youtube video's are made about this topic.
    But if i really have to name one then make Rey Palpatine steal the Skywalker name and end the Skywalker saga.
    I read somewhere that Anakin might be palpatines son, or at least created by him. If true then Rey getting the name of another branch of her family wouldn’t be a big deal. Still would’ve been better if they both died fighting palpatine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Always makes me happy to see this, she was never going to go another way.
    She mostly behaved harshly as a ruler in a very harsh world. Her going from mercilessly killing a few political enemies and traitors to literally murdering half a city was a huge jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    RWBY season 3 and onward

The show should have never promised to be a huge, shounen adventure series.

The appeal of the first two seasons was that it was fun, slice of life shenagains with wacky comedy that just happened to be set in a cool urban fantasy setting. People weren't judging the story for character arcs, or the plot progression, or trying to figure out what the relics were, or whatever. It was a fun fluffy junk food show and was good at it.

• Then season 3 happened, and it promised the world, and it couldn't live up to the expectations it had set for itself. It promised deep character arcs... but there were too many characters to properly explore for a seasonal 12 episode series in which episodes are 22 minutes long. Even when characters were thrown out, like Oobleck, Port, Glynda, Ironwood, Penny's Creators, Tai Yang, Neptune, the other hunter teams, and so on... there were STILL too many characters they couldn't juggle properly.
    • The worldbuilding was irrelevant fluff in season 1 and 2, but then in season 3 it became critical to the satisfaction of the story, but the worldbuilding was awfully presented before. It was never integrated itno the show, so much that the team had to create an entire separate series outside the main show to explain what was going on (and even the main show kept retconning the world). We know next to nothing about each kingdom. We didn't even know that Vale wasn't actually just a city state until the season 4 WoR, and that is egregious given that the first 3 season were set there!
    • Since Monty's death, the show hadn't been as enjoyable to watch per episode. In season 3, all of the fun of the first two seasons was removed, and the shounen adventure that was filled in to replace it was mediocre. The adventure story moves at a snail's pace. They spent an ENTIRE SEASON just sitting around inside a house doing nothing while the plot happened offscreen. When freaking One Piece has more plot progression in 36 episodes vs RWBY's 72 episodes at the end of season 6, you know you have a critical storytelling failure.

I have many more problems with what happened to the show after season 2, but I digress. Season 6 was the last straw and I really should have quit earlier.

Aldnoah Zero second cour

Where the second cour dropped the ball was in it's scope: whereas the first was a small scale story on the ground about a few characters with (relatively) small stakes, the story felt powerful and the conseqences dire. The second season then devolves into having the same small number of characters effectively deciding the fate of the world in 12 episodes whilst fighting in outer space. (The outer space battleground isn't inherently bad, but you see my point). This leads to the war feeling unrealistic given the grounded nature of the first season. Not to mention, the first episode of season 2 literally opens with a beach scene, completely negating the dire tone of the first. The immense sacrifices made in the first season are completely retconed, with all parties involved being reset. Saazbaum is simply evacuated to another castle with the same standing within the knights and the same amount of forces as before (and a repaired Discouria too), the Deucalion remains undamaged and operable despite having crashed at hundreds of miles per hour. Rather than having sacrificed hundreds of good troops and quality equipment to push back a single Versian castle (out of 37/38/39/ don't remember exactly how many), the Terran protagonists effectively get a free victory which not only pushes back the Versians, but they have somehow attained the upper hand in the fighting months later. The entire setup of the second season undermines the achievements of the first. This BEFORE we even get to the new season 2 content... I could make an entire post about that, but I digress.

What I would have done would be to continue the grounded, small scale war story. The first season was a struggle against a couple of counts and resulted in the destruction of a single landing castle (out of 37/38/39/whatever, there's dozens of them). The second season could have followed a campaign to liberate a country or peninsula.

Gundam 00

The first 14 episodes were great when it was about four guys with the entire world coming after them. It was a high stakes thriller and I watched every episode eager to find out how the various superpowers were going to try to capture the Gundams and how the heroes would escape. Then episode 15 introduced the three Gundam pilot antagonists and it lost all the stakes as they bailed out the heroes and the nations became irrelevant as the story turned into good hero gundams vs evil gundams and their alien worshipping cult.

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphan season 2 ending

IBO S2 ending Rustal Elion needed more set up so that his triumph didn't feel sadistic. He needed some focus to convince the audience that his victory would still be a net positive for the world, and we needed to see more of the state of the world after his victory to cement that feeling. But as it stands now, it feels like Rustal paid lip service to changing Gallarhorn, but nothing actually changed and the good guys died for nothing.
    oh boy...people need to rly stop with the ''DUUR MONTY OOM IZ GONE SHOW IZ BAD NAW KEKW''......monty had ZERO to do with story,he made the visuals and figthing,thats all he cared about

most of GoT's last season

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I have many more problems with what happened to the show after season 2, but I digress. Season 6 was the last straw and I really should have quit earlier.

S7 and the currently ongoing S8 are pretty good. should give them a go. Much better than the things that came before

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Everything involving Daenerys Targaryen and (to a lesser degree) the Night King in the last season.

Not accepting the money to make 2 more seasons, because everyone (including the writer who created the entire fucking franchise) knew that only 6 episodes were not enough to tell the ending.

I will let you figure out what show I am talking about.
    I read the title as what did GoT do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I read somewhere that Anakin might be palpatines son, or at least created by him. If true then Rey getting the name of another branch of her family wouldn’t be a big deal. Still would’ve been better if they both died fighting palpatine.
    There was a thing in the EU where Palpatine and his master did some dark side experiment to try to create the Jedi Chosen One, succeeded, but the experiment got away from them and created Anakin on the other side of the galaxy. Since Palpatine had the getaway ship Qui Gonn and company escaped from Naboo on bugged he heard the whole talk with him and Obi Wan talking about Anakin's count and knew his experiment succeeded, and so immediately went to befriend him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancelling the Thundercats reboot. That shit was on it's way to becoming the next Samurai Jack or Avatar. But nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones.

All of Season 8.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A few.

-The Dylan Dog movie as a whole. The franchise may be be a bit obscure outside of the original country, but it is a comic about a nightmare detective; a skinny guy with a pistol that seldom works and a hilarious assistant. The movie they released about it was all wrong. Wrong city, even wrong street number, the assistant wasn't there as well as other key characters, the detective was muscular and had huge guns at all times. Just a completely new character and story. Even if it wasn't called Dylan Dog it would still suck because the story was Twilight on steroids anyway.

-Maze Runner, movies 2 and 3. The first Maze Runner is very good and the titular name of the series comes from it. Then the second takes an unexpected and very unwelcome turn when they try to explain things. It snowballs into utter nonsense and a ripoff of other sci-fi/post-apocalyptic movie series and by the time the third movie ends, you have no idea what the Maze Runner has to do with all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bringing Star Trek back only to make shows that try to copy something else and are anti-Trek in about every way imaginable

The Disney trilogy ignoring Lucas' treatment and completely going in with almost no plans and screwing up so much (RoS script was leaked 6 months before release)

Dragon Ball Super for going into the realm of gods, especially with the tournament of power and just having massive levels of power creep so now every villain needs to be as strong or stronger than gods of destruction

Probably more but I'm tired

any show that lets actors/actresses bring their personal politics into the script are making a huge mistake.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's a real contender, D&D crucified that franchise seemingly as a warning to anyone foolish enough to hire themselves.
    ... what does Dungeons and Dragons have to do with that show?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So that would have gotten Shmee (?) pregnant? Also "On the other side of the galaxy"? This is getting worse by the minute.....everyone related to everyone or what?
    We already knew Anakin didn't have a father. Qui Gonn hypothesized that the Force simply brought him into being, straight out says it in the movie. It's speculated that Plagueis and Palpatine's idea to try to hijack the Chosen One was all part of the Force's plan.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    She started acting like a psychopath since like season 3. I don't know how people didn't see that coming.
    Missing the point. No one cares if that was her destiny, because the character arc was rushed and thus nonsensical. Normally this wouldn't be a problem if the character in question was secondary or tertiary, but Daenerys was a main character and the face of GoT for many fans, so it absolutely was a problem.

Why do you think both HBO and GRRM wanted MORE seasons than just 8? Are you saying that you know better than the writer who created the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar45 View Post
    She mostly behaved harshly as a ruler in a very harsh world. Her going from mercilessly killing a few political enemies and traitors to literally murdering half a city was a huge jump.
    She murdered the entire city, and not just that, but she planned to "liberate the entire world" too, whatever that means.

If anything the final season should have been centred around Queen Daenerys, as she was the most popular character by far and the protagonist of the show. She deserved an entire season dedicated to herself, so that we could see her rule, her wars to liberate the world, etc. What better twist than having the protagonist of the final season be the "villain"?

Same thing with the Night King/White Walkers, but for other reasons.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-14 at 10:00 AM.

Going for sitcoms :

1. That 70s show - S08, without Eric and Kelso + breaking up Hyde and Jackie.

One of the worst screenplay decision I ever seen.

2. Friends : Joey and Rachel thing. Out of place.

3. Scrubs - last season. Wtf was that??

Optional : Two and a Half Men. Kutcher isn't bad on himself, but they lost the soul of the show with Sheen's departure.
    And they they handled really bad the evolution of the characters (Alan and most of all Jake) : it went from twisted to really creepy and uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Ninix; 2020-12-14 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The very thought of making and releasing ''Dragonball Evolution''.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Making the Watchmen TV show about wokeness and "white man bad, black man good" propaganda.

Whenever I was surfing channels and HBO came up and Watchmen was on, I just rolled my eyes and changed the channel. No wonder the show was ended after just one season.

Discussing forbidden topics is against the rules. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-12-14 at 07:14 PM.

The last couple of GoT seasons take the top spot.

Every decision in the last few years to make a tvshow in an existing universe.
    Fandom got so entitled, that everything not 100% fitting their expactations and narrativ is garbage.

Just let star trek and star wars die and make soemthing new. Then the whole "we are the fans" dies.