Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What did you collect as a child?

i collected Football Stickers and pokemon cards

Spice girl stickers.
    Cards. MtG, Yu-gi-oh! and Pokémon cards.

All sorts of interesting leaves, rocks, seeds, insects and spiders. The latter much to my family's frustration.

i collected so much dumb shit, looking back it was a massive waste of money, thinking i'd get the whole set etc.

game cards, sports cards, stickers, tazo's from the chips.

10+ Year Old Account
    gemstones
    legos
    pogs
    small cars
    marbles

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I collected Yu-gi-oh! and Pokémon cards, as well as Manga.

Also cool rocks and shells from the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

flowers and leaves. my fraternal grandma taught me how to dry them between the sheets of a book - the heavier the better and then arrange them with glue into bouquets on paper, so I've gotten kind of obsessed with it for a while and had them drying in pretty much every book of one of those encyclopedia set that a lot of people used to have but hardly ever read.

also amber chips, we lived a train ride away from a part of Baltic sea shore and amber would wash up after every storm. I tried shells at first, but amber was harder to find and therefore - more fun to collect.

Football players.

Long, long time ago in the '90s, there used to be this chewing gum called Turbo from a Turkish company.

And every stick had a screenshot of a football player on the field, wrapped in it. The kids were collecting and trading these like mad. Kids had like hundreds of these pictures, some players were repeated a lot. Still remember Ruud Gullit was very common.

Then Turbo dropped out or something, and Ulker took its place with its own set of pictures.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-12-14 at 09:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Baseball cards

10+ Year Old Account
    Toys. Action figures and plushes. Still do. One collection in particular that I actually still have are the Homies mini figures that I used to get from those coin machines. For some reason I just loved collecting them. Also Pokemon cards. I have like 3 binders full of the old original cards.

Also video games but I wouldn't really say I "collected" them I just normally bought them to play not just to have.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Bruises and scrapes...
    ...fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Bruises and scrapes...
    ...fun times.
    Gross you took your scabs and put them in jars? cause that is the only way you could "collect" those...???

Me and my brother brought about 19,000 comic books.
    Yes it was that many cause we counted them and sold them for 3,300 in 2007. so a huge loss of investment. I swore I should have wrote it off on my taxes.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

pez dispensers, gameboy games, really old ornate salt and pepper shakers, dvds, books,
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Gross you took your scabs and put them in jars? cause that is the only way you could "collect" those...???
    I can only pity you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stamps and coins... family got held up at the Polish/Russia border during immigration, because when they asked if we had any foreign currency to declare, 9 year old me tossed a fit that my coin collection wasn’t accounted for...

Edit: As a teenager I got into MTG and comics... then as an adult, I collect video games and consoles.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I can only pity you.
    i know i am so disappointed that i never thought of that when i was a kid.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Marvel trading cards from the mid-90s.

A variety of cards for different games. Digimon mostly though to this day as an adult I still don't really grasp how it is supposed to be played.

Beatings and traumas

Wanted to collect these back when they were "keen."