Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Was pushing all my alts through to Oribos and got to thinking about what I wish there was a spec for. This isn't an "add a new class" thread so much as a... if you could cherry pick what you'd want to play - the playstyle, the aesthetic - what would it be?

For me, I think I'd like a melee spec with a DH or Monk like tool kit and playstyle - high mobility, very fast-paced - light armor (leather/mail), but combines that with the Fury war or Frost DK ability to DW or 2H (uses the weapon unlike monk), and the aesthetic/theme of something like an shaman or balance druid - wind, lightning, etc.

This started because I was doing the monk's Maw run in windwalker and thought how could it would be if "storm, earth, and fire" were more literal.

Anyone else ever imagined an "ideal" spec that doesn't exist or even have a class that matches it?
    Ranged Paladin and Shaman tank.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Not really. I was thinking it'd be like a DK that just uses magic but with no pet
    But, the connection to the Loa is already there. The use of Voodoo and, possibly, undead pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Ranged subtlety Rogue. (with a bow of course).
    Sounds like a Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They talked about a Windwalker hero class back in the day. Similar to Yunero from Warcraft 3, its been my dream class/spec ever sicne. And no, monks are not real windwalkers.

I want leather, 2 handers, stealth, illusions, etc. That would be amazing.
    You mean Samuro. and that is a Blademaster. It posseses the ability "Windwalk".

Quote Originally Posted by Centerblock View Post
    Dual wield shields, idc how impractical or silly it would be
    How about a Spear and a Shield for Protection Warriors? like Spartans...

Beastmaster Hunter would be melee, and merging with your pet or transforming into a beast-like creature would be a huge part of the spec.

A fire spec for DKs. Let Bolvar breathe some life-death onto the DK fantasy, excuse the pun.

Could be called Smolder, to better differentiate from mages. Also sounds more fitting. Bolvar is smoldering, afterall.

Would be great if it could be a hybrid spec, just like how all DK specs used to be. Let it build into being a tank or dps, depending on gear. And for the love of God, take 1h weps from frost and give them (and shields if they choose to tank) to smolder DKs.

...or just turn it into a spec reskin. Howling blast turns into smoldering blast, obliterate gets a fiery effect, frost strike turns into fire strike, etc. Pls Blizz.

Stealth Archer
    Theme: Green Arrow

- stealth, not just scuffed stealth "Camouflage".
    - no pets
    - equally capable at ranged as well as melee combat
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-12-14 at 10:27 AM.

Chronomancer for Mage

Either Blood mage with mechanism of Vladimir from League of legend or those melee weapon user mage with dash/blink that were present in Suramar .

I guess some kind of battlemage

Gladiator Warrior..... My favorite spec of all time, cruelly snatched away from me. I level my warrior every expac hoping it might come back one day, and then that will be my main until they turn off the servers.

Failing that, MOP demo lock.

Rogue dodge tank, like was briefly a thing in TBC. I think every class should have a hybrid spec, players being held hostage by the tank/healer meta is an outdated design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    My dream spec is already in and that's enhancement shammy, but what I always thought that was missing was axe thrower/troll berserker like spec. Basically a spec for hunter or warrior that focuses on thrown weapons.
    This is actually a good idea.

Warcraft has, I'd say, a strong tradition of weapon throwing characters, but that didn't really move into WoW. Having the D2 version of an axe throwing barbarian would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's what Survival should have been.
    It sounds more like a WC3 Beast Master (I don't know why they didn't make WoW's counterpart like that), or the WC3 Troll Berserker.

What they would have done is a new class "Barbarian", with 3 specs:
    - Berserker: the Berserker Warrior spec renamed Barbarian, and a few changes to find common ground with the other 2 specs.
    - Beast Master: the Beast Master hunter spec, but using two 1h or throwing weapons like Rexxar.
    - Headhunter: a mix of Zul'jin from HotS, WC3 Troll Berserker and Cassia from Diablo2/HotS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    While I always thought that a smiting combat priest would be cool, I don't really think it fits in the WoW universe. A priest that actively seeks to go out and smite would just become a paladin.
    Not really. The concept of Inquisitor exists in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Pre Legion Demo
    This and also pre legion WW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fell in love with the palalock thanks to DnD. I don't think it would ever be possible in WoW due to very bizarre lore implications, but that would be it.

Ranged rogue.

Spec or Class, doesn't matter... Dark Ranger. As long as it's distinct from hunters.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    But, the connection to the Loa is already there. The use of Voodoo and, possibly, undead pets.

Sounds like a Dark Ranger.

You mean Samuro. and that is a Blademaster. It posseses the ability "Windwalk".

How about a Spear and a Shield for Protection Warriors? like Spartans...
    Stop it... lol

He has like a dozen names, not just the name given in hots.

Oh yeah... Arms Warrior from Mists of Pandaria. That's all I dream of.

Blademaster for Rogues.
    Earthwarder for Shaman.

Both two-handed tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Pre Legion Demo
    THAT.

And maybe blood dk with stances back and proper mastery scaling.