Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Great Vault: killing a boss multiple times is not increasing the counter

so I did kill a boss in castle nathria a 2nd time, but the counter towards the next panel in the great vault didn't increase.

is that intended? does anyone know the reasoning behind that?

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    so I did kill a boss in castle nathria a 2nd time, but the counter towards the next panel in the great vault didn't increase.

ofcourse its intended, what did you think?
    Killing something that your not loot eligible for does not count.

Why?
    Do you really have to ask why?
    So you don't farm the first boss 10 times?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As the poster above stated, you only get credit for the boss if you are loot eligible. If you are no longer loot eligible then you won't get credit. This is to prevent people from spam killing the first boss to get max chances with minimal effort.

thanks for the answer.

it was odd to me that you can spam the same m+ to max out the counter but loot eligibility makes it different. didn't think about that.

Imagine killing hc Shriekwing 10 times to get 213 loot
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the answer.

it was odd to me that you can spam the same m+ to max out the counter but loot eligibility makes it different. didn't think about that.
    Well you're loot eligible in every m+ you run. Not really sure why anyone who has played the game much would think this would work different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Well damn, I already run Plagueville 10 times to get Plagueville loot. In fact, it's kinda silly since I am now penalized for running anything else if I am farming Plagueville loot.

Another poor game design by Blizzard.

It's worth noting that the individual bosses are also important.

The week prior to this one I had missed half my raids heroic run, was able to get into pugs to catch up to 8/10, missing Sun King and Lady Inerva. I did LFR, which includes Lady Inerva and 2 other bosses, but the counter in the vault only went up to 9/10 and did not unlock the third vault slot for LFR quality like I anticipated.

thanks for the answer.

You are missing the point. These two things are not the same. One of them you are only eligible for loot once so the counter moves once. The other you are eligible for loot every time. The counter moves every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Yeah but that's kinda silly actually, because you are not garanteed any loot anyway for both raid and MM+. You can spam one content and get increase slot for you great vault, but for raid you have to target bosses and you can't spam it...

Other example : You have a quest requiring to do 4x mythic run to get a 213 loot, you can spam the same dungeon and it count. Why spamming the same boss in heroic to unlock great vault for a 213 couldn't count?

it's exactly the same logic, but not the same results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Well damn, I already run Plagueville 10 times to get Plagueville loot. In fact, it's kinda silly since I am now penalized for running anything else if I am farming Plagueville loot.

What's plagueville. Plaguefal?

Is the dungeon loot in the vault tied to the dungeons you do each week? If so that's news to me :x
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What's plagueville. Plaguefal?

Is the dungeon loot in the vault tied to the dungeons you do each week? If so that's news to me :x
    No, the dungeon loot in the vault is not tied to your dungeons completed this week. I got loot from dungeons I never put my foot into.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Yeah but that's kinda silly actually, because you are not garanteed any loot anyway for both raid and MM+. You can spam one content and get increase slot for you great vault, but for raid you have to target bosses and you can't spam it...

Other example : You have a quest requiring to do 4x mythic run to get a 213 loot, you can spam the same dungeon and it count. Why spamming the same boss in heroic to unlock great vault for a 213 couldn't count?

it's exactly the same logic, but not the same results.
    The only hole in the logic is if I run a mist key 10 times in a row each time I can open the chest at the end and acquire loot. Or at least I am eligible. Once I do the first boss in Castle for the week that is it, loot locked, and that is where I think they tie the counter too. Why they do it this way? No idea. Although it might be to stop mythic raid gearing by just doing the first boss 10 times. I could imagine half the raid group finder tool being people selling first boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post

The great value mythic+ is not designed around which mythic+ you do only the highest key. It will pick from ALL mythic+ dungeons.

Last week I only ran 1 +9 sanguine on my paladin. No time to run others, and looy from mist came up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt it obvious ? lol. U cant farm 1st boss to cap raid tier xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The great value mythic+ is not designed around which mythic+ you do only the highest key. It will pick from ALL mythic+ dungeons.

Last week I only ran 1 +9 sanguine on my paladin. No time to run others, and looy from mist came up.
    Lol. This is not working like that. U got whole mythics loot table on. Not specific u finished during week xD

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Well you're loot eligible in every m+ you run. Not really sure why anyone who has played the game much would think this would work different.
    Actually you are eligible to get loot in every m+ you do (asuming you finish it). Eligible to get loot doesn't mean you will get loot.

If you are the type of player to kill the first boss 10 times, by all means you should get the greatvault 10/10 slot. why not? itemisation is fucked up anyways in raids, thats the main reason people do mythics and pvp......so a clear "yes" from simon!

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Isnt it obvious ? lol. U cant farm 1st boss to cap raid tier xD

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. This is not working like that. U got whole mythics loot table on. Not specific u finished during week xD
    It does NOT matter what dungeon you run. The vault pulls loot from all dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It does NOT matter what dungeon you run. The vault pulls loot from all dungeons.
    Yes? Isnt i just said that lol

if you kill the first five bosses on heroic and later kill the first six bosses on normal, the counter is six. Even if you killed eleven bosses in reality and you were eligible for loot on all eleven kills.

It''s a little weird but that's how it works.
    Last edited by jsj; 2021-02-09 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo