Page 1 of 2
LastLast

does Druid have a lot of keybinds?

Im thinking of rolling one and I was just wondering, my current chars are warlock and mage and im pretty capped on my binds on them
    Does druid have more keys than those classes?

if you want to play at the highest level and use EVERY part of the huge druid toolkit : then yes , they have a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Im thinking of rolling one and I was just wondering, my current chars are warlock and mage and im pretty capped on my binds on them
    I have a mage alt and the answer is it depends.
    Have you keyboard all portals and telports? In that case no.

If you are taking about usable abilities, it depends on spec. I'd say resto has about 5 more buttons to press depending on talents

Of my 3 main classes the druid has the 2nd most keybinds, but as stated above how you play will effect that amount. How Druid is designed you are essentially, in a way, playing 2 or more specs in one and therefor more kbs are required along with a lot of useage of the paging system.

My hunter with engineering seems to have the most keybinds... my mage by far the least.

It's not that bad. You have a lot of buttons, but a good chunk are behind different forms, so they can share binds with other spells.

well for Balance Druid, in restoration Affinity and Heart of the wild Build, with Fury of Elune, i have the following:
    Wrath
    Moonfire
    Lunar Strike
    Sunfire
    Starsurge
    Starfall
    Fury of Elune
    Celestial Alignment
    Entanglign Roots
    Cyclone
    Soothe
    Remove Corruption
    Rebirth
    Barkskin
    heart of Wild
    Regrowth
    Rejuvination
    Wild Growth
    Solar Beam
    trinket x 1
    Stampeding Roar
    Convoke the Spirits
    soulshape
    Dash

so i have at the moment: 24 Active Keybinds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    It's not that bad. You have a lot of buttons, but a good chunk are behind different forms, so they can share binds with other spells.
    the ones i listed i have keybinds for above, can all be used in Moonkin
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Yes. Druids have definitly more keybinds than mages and (IIRC) also more than warlocks. It all depends, though. What spec do you intend to play in which game mode, and what are your aspirations?

Guardian has the fewest keybinds, whereas resto has many more. You can get away with not using your full kit if you don't want to push high end content. If you do, though, you'll probably also add various macros. I use arena 123 macros for most abilities on my feral, meaning you have three buttons for most of your targeted abilities. That's quite a few keybinds.

For the sake of brevity: If you're concerned about keybinds, don't play druid.

I think druid has the most abilities of all classes, considered it has 4 specs.

Do you use all? No.. But in pvp you'll use more

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    so i have at the moment: 24 Active Keybinds
    Just a heads up, you can basically combine Revive, Rebirth and Regrowth into one keybind by checking if the target is dead and if you're in combat.
    /use [@mouseover,dead,combat][dead,combat]Rebirth;[@mouseover,dead][dead]Revive;[@mouseover,help][]Regrowth

I also tend to combine trinket and CA
    #showtooltip
    /use 14
    /cast [talent:5/1] Celestial Alignment; [talent:5/2] Celestial Alignment; [talent:5/3] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune

As resto I'm usually using about 25 keybinds but can get up having to use 36 in a fight, but often this won't be needed at all.
    This includes uses of Shadowmeld and Soothe e.g.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Feral in PvP and if you're serious about it, it's got a metric ton of keybinds you need to take care of. If you take arena macros into consideration it gets pretty crazy if you want to maximize and use its full potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use macros for focus/mouseover and so on then druid has most buttons in game hunter and warlock comes far behind as a second and third. When I played mostly only druid as a main 10 years ago, I had 116 keybinds. Now around 30 is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Just a heads up, you can basically combine Revive, Rebirth and Regrowth into one keybind by checking if the target is dead and if you're in combat.
    /use [@mouseover,dead,combat][dead,combat]Rebirth;[@mouseover,dead][dead]Revive;[@mouseover,help][]Regrowth

I also tend to combine trinket and CA
    #showtooltip
    /use 14
    /cast [talent:5/1] Celestial Alignment; [talent:5/2] Celestial Alignment; [talent:5/3] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
    Couldn't you simplify the latter to "/cast [talent:5/3] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; Celestial Alignment"?

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    That's actually pretty clever.

As a feral i use 26 keybinds. And they are in use all the time, like "at least once/boss" buttons

Not as bad as MW monk where i macro'd healing spells and attacks based on mouseover/selection.

But nah druid isn't really as loaded as many people think. Many spells can only be used in some forms, so you will have more action bars in total too, which reduces the need for too many keybinds.

How are people getting by on less than 30 keybinds? With everything bound, I come up to roughly 40 keybinds - and that's just the class abilities.
    On top of that there's engi-stuff/potions, trinkets, and macros.

No doubt you can get away with less. But if it can be helped, I like to play optimally.

Which warlock spec? Destro has significantly fewer keys than demo, which has fewer than affli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    That's actually pretty clever.
    What if I want to heal someone with regrowth and he dies just as I'm about to click, and now I wasted rebirth
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    What if I want to heal someone with regrowth and he dies just as I'm about to click, and now I wasted rebirth
    That doesn't invalidate anything, because Rebirth has a cast time which you can cancel and should you still be bothered by it (like I would be) you probably won't mind having an additional keybind in exchange for that smidgeon of control.

My rebirth is on a keybind which I wouldn't put anything else on anyway. Bit out of reach, but still accessible enough to be pressed reliably in a frantic situation.