Thread: AH undercutting

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    Why do some people undercut so bad?
    Easy - I want to sell stuff, not keep going the AH to relist it every 2 days.

Odd thing is - people where complaining I was overcutting in the early days ... buying Eternal Crystals at under 9k and selling them for 12k

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "It's because the prices are too high"

Prices can't be deemed high if the items are being consistently sold at the price being seen as high.

This is likely one of my top 3 sources of frustration in WoW.

It's seeing an item at a given price, selling a good amount for that price, only to come back 30min or an hour later to see the price drop by 30g or smth.

Like, why?
    If the items sell, then the price does not drop permanently. Just keep your items at market value and you'll sell them eventually. Lower prices sell faster though, but don't make as much profit. If the new price sticks, then yes, the price was too high, because obviously the demand would be not high enough to buyout all the cheap items.

Why do some people undercut so bad? The AH update from bfa literally makes it so you dont need to undercut and you will have priority on sell queue.
    Everyone is selling an enchant for 650g, some guy comes and puts 100 up for 300g. Way to ruin the market man.

Stop undercutting!
    Oh my god, they were killing me with selling our BoEs. C'mon, we'll both make hundreds of thousands more, maybe millions if you all keep the prices the same. and stop undercutting by 50k.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I undercut it's because I want the item gone and am not worried about profits so much. Feel free to buy those and relist, we'll both be happier in the end. When I get a bigger-ticket item that I care about how much I sell it for, I usually go with the prices on the AH.

If some ignorami undercut by a lot, you buy them out and relist at a proper price. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If you think they're really worth that, then buy the big undercuts and relist them.

Fact is, if you're complaining about it, it's because you know they're NOT actually worth that and you're mad that strangers in competition with you won't form a cartel to keep the prices high.
    If I want a fast sell, I undercut by large margins specifically because I expect AH junkies to buy it and repost to keep their prices up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I got wrong for that from a guildy once because I undercut him by like 5g and he went on in depth about how I was lowering the natural prices by doing this. He took his AH seriously it seems.
    The irony is, that is exactly how prices are lowered naturally. That's exactly how a free market works!

Why do some people undercut so bad? The AH update from bfa literally makes it so you dont need to undercut and you will have priority on sell queue.
    Everyone is selling an enchant for 650g, some guy comes and puts 100 up for 300g. Way to ruin the market man.

Stop undercutting!
    Because players can still go in and choose the price they buy. So, you can still buy the cheapest one available. The update did nothing to stop undercutting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Oh my god, they were killing me with selling our BoEs. C'mon, we'll both make hundreds of thousands more, maybe millions if you all keep the prices the same. and stop undercutting by 50k.
    So you are mad that you can't jack up the prices and people will just pay you anyway. The greed is obvious.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-12-14 at 02:52 PM.

It's also annoying me to no end. I had some Sacred Shards I wanted to sell and the price was 200g yesterday. Now I've come back and have sold nothing - the price has dropped to 100g after being at 200g for weeks, because people constantly list stacks of 200 shards for 10g less than the current price.

I don't get it. Just stop, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I just use the AH like a vendor, lol. I just right click all the shit into it, don't even look at prices, I know the AH automatically lists my stuff at the lowest prices and it's the most likely to sell fast without me manually undercutting.
    You're making AH players rich by that. By rich I mean rich. People purposefully list 1 item at ridiculously low prices hoping to get someone like you to just dump boat load of items for near free, which they then buy and relist the 1 item to begin again. We're not talking minor undercutting, we're talking 1g for fast selling 150g each sort of items prices. Blizzard invented the perfect system for scammers.

Also, on topic: I like to sell my items rather than play 1 silver undercuts literally every 5 seconds when some AH goblin nolifer reposts their shit to undercut me by completely worthless amounts. I don't have time nor interest for 10 hours a day at AH relisting stuff. So, personally I undercut in 10% range.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-12-14 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I do it just to piss of people like you.
    To be honest, it gives me pleasure if someone gets upset about it.

I got enough gold already so I don't care about making more and pretty much only use for consumables.
    I am never going to pay monthly with it nor never going to buy boosts. Not even epic Boes. It is about principles. Only get mounts that I like aswell but rarely vendor ones.

Of course I also make sure it is not too low so botsnipers wont make massive profit.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-14 at 02:56 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    It's also annoying me to no end. I had some Sacred Shards I wanted to sell and the price was 200g yesterday. Now I've come back and have sold nothing - the price has dropped to 100g after being at 200g for weeks, because people constantly list stacks of 200 shards for 10g less than the current price.

I don't get it. Just stop, seriously.
    People have the right to list whatever they want at whatever price they want. This is how the free market works.

You need to stop. You are not the sole arbiter of what anything should be listed at.

If it's not selling, why bother putting it up at the higher price?

How much is clicking a button in your UI really worth to another player?

Most items in WoW don't drop in price as a result of crazy undercutting. They drop in price as a result of their genuine value decreasing.

This means that the best time to sell the majority of items is right now. The way to achieve that is to be the cheapest around. You might not get the optimal price, but it is by far the lowest risk strategy to get a reasonable price, instead of sitting on an item until it depreciates into worthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If you think they're really worth that, then buy the big undercuts and relist them.

Fact is, if you're complaining about it, it's because you know they're NOT actually worth that and you're mad that strangers in competition with you won't form a cartel to keep the prices high.

Exactly.
    If you think that item worth way just buy it and sell for more. Otherwise you just agree then you are greedy bi*** .

Also is start of expansion, many prices are so overpriced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    Some don't know that, and think that if they undercut with a lot ppl will buy their shit quicker than they otherwise would've. Some might despise the people wanting to make a profit on their crafts/getting decently paid for their time, and do that deliberately just to "f*ck some goblin over". Some do that with one item in order to get ppl who don't got any awareness or knowledge of their own server market to list at a underprices so they can buy them out and relist for profit.
    But whenever you notice that, just buy them out quick, relist.
    The game literally tell you "you don't need to undercut, the last listing sells first" when you put in a lower price.

These guys still believe they'll gain something from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    The game literally tell you "you don't need to undercut, the last listing sells first" when you put in a lower price.

These guys still believe they'll gain something from it.
    They do.

Why do you think shops make ads showing the price of their goods being just below that of a competitor on certain items? A handful of something at 95g when the entire rest of the page is at 100g, there's a good chance someone looks at that and goes "sweet, a bargain, I'll buy the entire stack". Where if you'd listed at 100g, maybe that person wouldn't have bought the lot, increasing the chance of someone buying half your stack, the other half then getting replaced as newest listing, and the global value of the item dropping in that time.

At expansion launch - quick sale. If trying to get the absolute maximum sale price goes wrong in the opening weeks your items will depreciate hard.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2020-12-14 at 03:16 PM.

Stop undercutting!
    Buy their cheap stuff and re-list it then. I'm more than fine with undercutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "It's because the prices are too high"

Prices can't be deemed high if the items are being consistently sold at the price being seen as high.

This is likely one of my top 3 sources of frustration in WoW.

It's seeing an item at a given price, selling a good amount for that price, only to come back 30min or an hour later to see the price drop by 30g or smth.

Like, why?
    Just like selling insulin for 100000 dollars a bottle in real life, because it sells at that price?
    You can argue that a lot of items are overpriced, but because people "need" them, they will still buy it. Doesn't mean they aren't overpriced ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like to see two messages in my mail box. One is a message complaining about how I'm ruining the AH market. The second is the same player having bought all my stuff. Also because I don't really bother with the AH much and I'm just offloading crap I don't need.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-12-14 at 03:57 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity