Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So a 35% nerf to DK mastery over 3 days lol that's some weak shit

inb4 "Ur StIlL ToP MeTeR U doNt KnO What YoUrE SaYiNg" don't care still annoyed by how they just slice down on fun rather than boost the underperformers

Why are you Nerfing Unholy Death Knight's Mastery that is a bad move right there cause our mastery is our damage dealer for our Plagues I suggest you don't do that and leave it alone

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    rather than boost the underperformers
    Torghast = Warfronts now ... something I won't bother doing ... there is only one lego I need... so the drips I get eventually from the mission table and other soul ash quests should gradually get that lego levelled.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Telling me not to play Torghast is pointless and solves nothing dude... if you don't have something constructive to say, why bother saying anything?
    Twisting people's words that way three times in a row just gets you reported for trolling. Absolute manchild.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2020-12-15 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Twisting people's words
    I am not twisting words, but I will explain the basics:

1. You know I play an Arcane mage (I told you)
    2. You tell me not to play an Arcane Mage in Torghast (you told me).
    THEREFORE
    3. You suggest I stop playing Torghast.

Logic 101.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Yes.. you told me not to do Torghast ... which I said doesn't solve the problem.
    That's not even close to what he said.

Sometimes specs are bad for specific content. Every class has that spec that is bad for Mythic or raiding or PvP. They just... don't play that spec in that content.

In a perfect world you could play whatever spec you want in whatever content you want but we're not in a perfect world and balance will never be perfect. A lot of specs are just bad in Torghast and if Arcane is one of them don't play it there.

15+ Year Old Account

THEREFORE

Logic 101.
    Arcane is easy mode in Torghast. The only mage spec that has it rough in there is Fire.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Sometimes specs are bad for specific content
    Indeed, however as I play an Arcane Mage - and due to disability cannot play anything else (except for a balance druid I level for farming herbs) - that is the only spec I can play.

So just dismissing the problem isn't helpful ... there is a problem, and it should be that there is at least a possibility of doing some Torghast for all.

There is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Arcane is easy mode in Torghast.
    It is for the trash floors, but all but one of the last bosses have been impossible at level 3+ ... because a mage is not a tank.

THEREFORE

Logic 101.
    Your stubbornness and inability to play anything other than arcane does not change my written word. You being self-centered and subjective does not change objective reality. What I said was, quite literally :

Don't play arcane in Torghast then

So 1. I know you play a mage.
    2. You told me arcane sucks in Torghast.
    3 I told you to play one of the other 2 speccs that doesn't suck.
    4. You twisted my words, made assumptions, and straight up behaved infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    From the interview in the post before this one

"The team wants to be conservative with changing legendaries. It'll be with a patch, on the PTR, plenty of time for feedback."

Also

Druid
    [With regional restarts] Balance of all Things (Legendary Effect) now causes Eclipse to increase your critical strike chance with Arcane or Nature spells by 40%, decreasing by 8% every 1 second (was 50% crit, decreasing by 10% per second).

Well apparently the 'team' won't be conservative, gg.
    Brother, can you not?

This is a 2% DPS nerf to Moonkin. Moonkin is -- and still will be after these changes -- overperforming in uncapped multitarget AE situations (M+ says hi). This doesn't devalue BOAT as a Legendary and does nothing to nerf the actual issue with Moonkin atm which is how stupidly broken Convoke the Spirits is. I've been playing this game for over 15 years and this is one of the smallest nerfs to a patently broken spec I've ever seen. One might even go so far as to call it conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Your .... inability to play anything
    Anyway, I've received enough abuse for one day in this thread, you had nothing useful to say - maybe you should have said nothing rather than abused people.

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxinator View Post
    Well sorry to say it mate, but you should probably practice some more then. I have cleared every floor on Torghast so far on my rogue, and they are one of the worst classes in Torghast right now. You have to play good and know your class, but it is definitely doable. I love that Blizzard is finally making content in wow challenging, but of course that can seem hard for some when they have been used to steamrolling everything
    I have also cleared every floor up to layer 6, though I needed to be with a tank friend to do so past layer 3, and I'd like to think I have at least an adequate level of skill with the Arcane Mage. I won't claim to be the best, but I'm certainly not bad at it. Depending on the powers I get, some runs are a cakewalk... but when rng gives a run full of bad powers like, the runs were not so smooth. Clearing the floors has never been a problem for me. It's the end boss of a layer that's been my issue since layer 3 and beyond. The amount of damage they put out, with the amount of HP they have, with short cooldown abilities that need interrupting, on a spec designed to be a mostly immobile turret, means I relied on certain anima powers to be able to solo clear the final boss.

Without the right powers coming up, I won't be able to beat the final boss of the layer, which means my entire time in Torghast has been wasted. That being the case, I simply won't do Torghast as much as I once did, since the issue I'm having seems like it's being ignored (layer endboss being too chunky and dealing too much damage to a squishy DPS), and now certain powers that made dealing with the end bosses possible are being nerfed.

Maybe it's different for you as a Rogue. I can't say since I haven't leveled my Rogue yet to try Torghast. All I can say is that I expected the end bosses to get tuned down slightly for the DPS classes, not tuned up for the healers and tanks. And I certainly didn't expect to see any mage anima powers get nerfed. I was more expecting to see some of the less useful mage anima powers changed dramatically, lowered in frequency of appearance, or outright removed, since some of them (that come up far too frequently for my liking) are worthless against the final boss.

Anyway, I've received enough abuse for one day in this thread, you had nothing useful to say - maybe you should have said nothing rather than abused people.

I'm out.
    I feel sorry for you not being able to perform optimally in the game due to medical reasons as you mentioned in a post above. However, this is no reason to call me an abuser for suggesting you play a different specc in Torghast for now, especially since I didn't even know of your condition at the time.

Furthermore, and I'm sorry for having to say this, demanding changes to the upper echelons of a respective type of content because a legit disability prevents someone from pressing more than two buttons is ... questionable. I get your personal demand, but blizzard should not balance hard content around severe disabilities.

And last, neither you, nor anyone else in here is at fault for your unfortunate condition, so don't make us feel shit for it.
    Last edited by LazuOG; 2020-12-15 at 06:28 AM.

THEREFORE

Logic 101.
    Hey Dude, in you want, in can do torghast layer 3-6 with you. I'm also an arcane Mage and there is no Problem in doing it.

Sent me your btag and i will add you after work.

Better not buff Fury Warriors above 5%. Being 5.Place with a 99 Log (with decent gear) under some 60-80% Bois is pretty fun.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Torghast is a bit wonky, sometimes I feel like the buffs Im getting do absolutely nothing. I will say this last boss I got was a bit unfair. 22% hp buff putting him at 650k vs my 25k. He was avg about 6500Dmg a smack and his Crush ability did about 12k with a very wide range. An this was a balanced power build based on what powers I could take. An for kickers he would heal for about 6% of his HP back..

An Im a more tanky self heal class so I cant imagine how other specs would fair against the same mob unless RNG was smiling on them. But then that leads to another problem, we removing a lot of the player skill and substituting it was RNG..

Don't play arcane in Torghast then
    While I am not the person you were arguing with, I wanted to chime in here. Arcane is the only mage spec I play, and is the spec I've played since vanilla (I was a vanilla Grand Marshal running the cliche 3 minute mage spec with PoM/Pyro back in the day) and I've raided with it since, even into Naxx40 before TBC hit, and through all its good and bad times over the years. If I tried doing Torghast (or any content really) as Fire or Frost, my performance would decline significantly compared to my performance with Arcane due to 16 years of experience with Arcane and virtually nil with Frost or Fire. I'd also find the experience unpleasant because I simply don't enjoy the playstyles of Frost or Fire.

It's easy to say "don't play Arcane then". But if that's the only option, then it means I would stop doing Torghast, for the most part, since I have my legendary already and more than enough ash to get it to rank 2. I'll simply rely on table mission and layer 1 runs for ash to push it to 3 and 4 and then never set foot in it again barring story content. But I'd like to think the devs wouldn't want to make the experience such a slog for only a few specific specs that it starts making them eschew the content, especially when Torghast is supposed to be one of the primary features of the expansion. I think every spec should be able to clear the end boss of a layer assuming an appropriate gear level for the layer and an adequate level of skill with the spec.

Obviously anima powers play a part in this and it's already bad enough that RNG dictates what comes up as options, with our only agency being what we choose from what the RNG offers. Nerfing the powers that were good vs the end bosses, and not doing anything about the powers that aren't good or are flat out useless against the end bosses isn't the right course of action in my opinion. It's particularly frustrating when the end bosses have a stacking buff that renders them immune to most of the tools I usually rely on to survive, such as Frost Nova and Slow. And even with those tools, time spent kiting is time spent not going full throttle against the end boss. And with the amount of HP they have, I can't not go full ham on them and hope to kill them before they kill me.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-12-15 at 06:45 AM.

Aaaaah, yes, let’s buff mobs health for healers in Thorgast, it’s not slow and boring enough already.

Horrible content, as soon as I manage to get the resto shaman leggo I won’t probably set foot in there anymore for the whole expansion. At least they could introduce a save mode so that if I logoff at floor X I can start from floor X again (even from the beginning of it and with mobs respawned, no problem with that).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What am I going to do with a 6% nerf to starfall. Oh woe is me, why did I main a balance druid.

But seriously though, the class adjustments don't seem concerning.
    I mean I don't mind the starfall nerf but nerfing a legendary the week after moonkins were finally able to get and craft it feels a bit dirty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    From the interview in the post before this one

"The team wants to be conservative with changing legendaries. It'll be with a patch, on the PTR, plenty of time for feedback."

Also

Druid
    [With regional restarts] Balance of all Things (Legendary Effect) now causes Eclipse to increase your critical strike chance with Arcane or Nature spells by 40%, decreasing by 8% every 1 second (was 50% crit, decreasing by 10% per second).

Well apparently the 'team' won't be conservative, gg.
    Yeah get a lot of druids to craft it THEN nerf it. Good thing there was a beta haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Aaaaah, yes, let’s buff mobs health for healers in Thorgast, it’s not slow and boring enough already.

Horrible content, as soon as I manage to get the resto shaman leggo I won’t probably set foot in there anymore for the whole expansion. At least they could introduce a save mode so that if I logoff at floor X I can start from floor X again (even from the beginning of it and with mobs respawned, no problem with that).
    So run it elemental?

Really don't get why people play healers in solo content and then complain that it's slow . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean I don't mind the starfall nerf but nerfing a legendary the week after moonkins were finally able to get and craft it feels a bit dirty.
    Yeah that does suck. Blizzard should be trying to not touch the legendaries.
    Putin khuliyo