Thread: State of Retri

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I'm fine with classes getting some love from time to time. Not just mage and rogue to get all the love all the time. But killing people in 2-3 sec in BGs... That's not damage. That's broken shit.
    Welp, better than one shots rogues am I right? in all seriousness, ret has been shat on repeatedly by the pvp community,

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Welp, better than one shots rogues am I right? in all seriousness, ret has been shat on repeatedly by the pvp community,
    I'm fine with classes getting some love from time to time. Not just mage and rogue to get all the love all the time. But killing people in 2-3 sec in BGs... That's not damage. That's broken shit.
    AGAIN lol We've been good every 5 expansions lol.... People hate Ret for all the RIGHT reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfed as expected, we wouldn't want people to learn how to play against rets, that would be absurd.

That's just the norm in shadowlands. If you can't kill someone in 2-3 seconds then you are worthless since sub rogues exist.

Tbf Ret needed to be nerfed in PVP. Every top Ret agreed the damage was overtuned. However it was expected to be compensated in either mobility or defenses against casters, none of which we received thus we'll be considerably less effective. Jury's still out on viability though.

Nearly every top pvp spec has those tools and equivalent Ret pre nerf output.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    We get good DPS every FIVE expansions and people have an issue with it LOL Then when we do its BROKEN lol. Goes to show how NERFED the class has ALWAYS been. ESPECIALLY with the lore around the class.
    yes we have issue with any spec that is overturned
    you have 8 sec invulnerability with no drawbacks whatsoever (before it reduced dmg dealt by 50%),
    On first week got 18k spender in my face from ret on bg, fuck me if that was not broken

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Nerfed as expected, we wouldn't want people to learn how to play against rets, that would be absurd.
    It was needed, and you're delusional if you don't think it did.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing about Rets atm is new Healing Hands talent in combination with Divine Purpose, making Ret a solid offhealer with nice survivability.

I hope that at least this won't get nerfed and we'll be wanted for our offheals, if not for DPS. If they nerf WoG as well, the spec is gonna become complete trash in PvP and PvE both.

And thar she goes lmao. Honestly, the last time I had fun with ret was the 3-wings set effect from Hellfire Citadel, thought I might try it again in SL but I guess not. I don't know why Blizzard feels the need to endlessly punish the spec for the sin of having some offheals and utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    It was needed, and you're delusional if you don't think it did.
    Never said it wasn't, but this is how the story usually goes with ret, we get nerfed for having too much damage but little is done to fix the real issues of the spec, thus leaving us in a terrible state like always

the burst under the wings may be too much, but I find the dps single target without wings to be underwhelming and more than a bit
    multi target is plenty fine

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    the burst under the wings may be too much, but I find the dps single target without wings to be underwhelming and more than a bit
    multi target is plenty fine
    that's literally been the spec for like 14 years now.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

You say that as if most classes in the game can't do it at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    you have 8 sec invulnerability with no drawbacks whatsoever (before it reduced dmg dealt by 50%)
    That can, once again, be broken by Warriors and Priests, neither class being rare in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    You say that as if most classes in the game can't do it at the moment.
    No class in the game can kill as fast as Ret can right now and it isn't even close. 20k Judgment into 10k Templar's kills every person in the game in a global and there's virtually no counter play to it. At least Sub Rogues you can trinket a stun or something, Rets just kill you straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No class in the game can kill as fast as Ret can right now and it isn't even close. 20k Judgment into 10k Templar's kills every person in the game in a global and there's virtually no counter play to it. At least Sub Rogues you can trinket a stun or something, Rets just kill you straight up.
    Boomkins are even worse in arena. They can literally delete the entire team and there's nothing you can really do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by valorkz View Post
    Hi guys, sorry to bother you all, i've quit wow with BFA cause i've found it personally very boring and i'm trying to lurk a bit but i've found no real answer for now.
    What's the state of Retri for SL? i'm honestly torn between Retri and DK Frost and i would like to hear from you.
    I apologize in advance for any grammar mistake and thank you for your answer/patience.
    It's only an off-spec for me, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm finding it really fun to play, outside of Ashes and spenders the dmg per GCD is a bit lacking (and outside wings in general) but as long as I don't whiff my rotation I'm feeling pretty strong in ST and raids and the utility is nice. I don't know how it compares to DK but I don't even have my legendary yet and only one good trinket, so other than being a bit of a wheelchair I feel like Ret is in quite a nice place.

But of course, as mythic and and higher keys open up and better gear becomes more easily acquired it's subject to change, but I'm happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Boomkins are even worse in arena. They can literally delete the entire team and there's nothing you can really do about it.
    That's also true. They don't even cast, like you can't kick anything they just run around instant casting Starsurges for 10k. I don't think arenas have felt this bad in years, there's too much you just can't react to, feels like every game I'm dying 60% to dead in under 0.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    Nothing beats Wrath Ret. That was its peak. Shadowlands MAY be close. Cata Ret was decent too. But Wrath was amazing. This is the first time ever that I'm rolling Ret as mainspec
    mop ret was also pretty good,i also enjoyed wrath ret,only time i mained it for most of the expansion,but it was way to simple and it got hit hard with nerfs in 3.2,as was deserved,killing 80 geared players wile not even being 80 as a pala was crazy,and this was in the time before low lvls were naturaly stronger than capped players,it was all due to the class itself

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Yeah people should just learn to deal with getting their shit pushed in by a completely invulnerable player. The whole meta of bubbles is outdated and I wish blizzard would stop doubling down on giving paladins more and more i-win buttons, it isn't fun to play as a paladin when you have so much margin of error and it isn't fun to play against either without a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    That's also true. They don't even cast, like you can't kick anything they just run around instant casting Starsurges for 10k. I don't think arenas have felt this bad in years, there's too much you just can't react to, feels like every game I'm dying 60% to dead in under 0.5 seconds.
    Its just way too frustrating as a holydin in PVP. So many comps im like "fuck.. someone can die in a global". Another really bad one is Sub rogue/fire mage/disc is just too good of a combo for burst and cc, but that's a classic comp that's always been really good.