Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    -Needs mounts/pets/xmogs as rewards just like every other thing in any other game ever.
    -They are able to get away with sections looking similar as it plays into the fantasy setting a little bit.(when I'm just there to get it done it gets confusing.)
    -Looks beautiful, much like ICC for "reasons" and allows for lots of imagination. (doing a clear with Arthas costume and Wrath music via EpicMusicPlayer was a lot of fun.

If rewards are not added soon imagination will run its course. And spending two hours in there will just be something to put off till the end of the week.

Blizzard is the best at creating a massive, inspiring canvas and then leaving almost all of it unused.

Also do you actually have to do each floor? Does this increase chance at legend? I skipped floor 4/5 of upper/lower this week and def preferred it to clearing all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The idea was to double the amount of power drops so you get the same power in the end.
    so the same power as in 6 floors but in 3 instead

personally i still wouldnt like it because the overall power doesnt change
    its still the same power but its just faster while im ok with spending more time if it means i get to that insane level of power where i summon an army of celestials for 2 minutes

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly don't like it, it looks like those long boring Persona 4 Dungeons, 6 floors of this... and maybe even more on higher levels

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    -Needs mounts/pets/xmogs as rewards just like every other thing in any other game ever.
    -They are able to get away with sections looking similar as it plays into the fantasy setting a little bit.(when I'm just there to get it done it gets confusing.)
    -Looks beautiful, much like ICC for "reasons" and allows for lots of imagination. (doing a clear with Arthas costume and Wrath music via EpicMusicPlayer was a lot of fun.

If rewards are not added soon imagination will run its course. And spending two hours in there will just be something to put off till the end of the week.

Blizzard is the best at creating a massive, inspiring canvas and then leaving almost all of it unused.

Also do you actually have to do each floor? Does this increase chance at legend? I skipped floor 4/5 of upper/lower this week and def preferred it to clearing all of them.
    Guessing you are not a collector either, which makes me question WHY do you want this if you dont care about it... torghast has like 8-9 pets already.

Ehh, I had a response about you being snotty. But now I'm just going to ask that you link the datamining that shows your words "8-9" pets. I see you didn't want to mention mounts or xmogs. You didn't mention toys either Collecter, or are those just a given or were there not enough for you to say something like a made up number of toys to collect?

Since I do enjoy collecting pixels, any list you post will just make me happy.

Nothing cooler than someone telling you that you don't care about something.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    I have had the exact opposite response from my guildies. We have had a few try some of the high level floors not love it so much but over all some of the guildies have stated they like it more than anything so far. I enjoy it a good bit as do the folks I complete it with often. We are also doing it on more than 1 character now as well. Everyone has their own opinion and people who love it vs. hate it matter exactly the same. Neither are more important, they just like what they like.

More of "amazingly fun content" just arrived guys:
    [With regional restarts] Enemy health increased for healer specializations and enemy physical damage increased for tank specializations. These changes are targeted towards solo players and have a reduced effect while in a group.
    [With regional restarts] Enemy health and damage increased on floors 2, 4, and 5.
    So if anyone is still not having fun with Torghast, you're gotta do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post

That is absolutely irrelevant to whatever torghast is good or not. It's that powers are suppose to be POWERS not some cheap shit that doesn't really make you stronger is the problem.

Thorgast was fun the first week, then it becomes a chore. A RNG chore, if you get the "op" talents you steamroll on it, if you're are unlucky, you struggle...

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Thorgast was fun the first week, then it becomes a chore. A RNG chore, if you get the "op" talents you steamroll on it, if you're are unlucky, you struggle...
    As a spriest i agree. There is one talent you need to get, the fade that makes a copy of yourself that explodes, and after that it is easy.

And also i'm writing this without completing one wing, and it emits the same feeling as neglecting a homework assignment.

I like Torghast overall. Some runs are quite frustrating and grind my gears (useless anima powers/bad layers) but it's overall a git gud/get better ilvl issue and some runs have been incredibly fun and challenging, probably the most fun I've ever had on WoW. I have to use my full kit and think about talents more than in any other aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-12-15 at 09:57 AM.

I quite enjoy Torghast, certainly way more than Horiffic visions.

I've only really found myself raging once where I got to the last boss on the highest layer, no deaths, only to find them basically unkillable because I got unlucky with the Anima powers and couldn't burst them before they were able to 1 shot me. But that was in the first week when I was running Layer 3 still in Guest Greens with a few dungeon drops.'

Now, I've still died a few times to high layer bosses, but have been able to overcome it with a revised strategy on the subsequent (or even 3rd) attempt.

Its fun but it needs a Timer like 3 min. per Layer and Mobs and Bosses need way more mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account

idk it would be more fun if it was relaxing.

Like, so far it's fun, but if you end up getting shitty anima powers, the fun factor goes down significantly. The best runs are the ones where I get really good, complimentary powers and I just end up laughing my way through.

increasing health and damage...meh...I don't get the point? There are already people struggling with it now. heh.

Edited to Add: Also, the things that randomly spawn while you're out of combat are soooooooooo annoying.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yes, if you get op powers you stomp it, if you don't you actually have to think and have a hard time.

That is the exact point of a roguelite game, which I'm guessing you've never played, and Torghast is actually a roguelite within WoW.

So you're complaining for nothing because it is exactly as it should be. I'd kinda even want for it to be a bit harder, completed all of my runs so far. Wish you'd fail one every now and then, but maybe that will be the case in Twisting Corridors.

Edit: forgot to mention that there is one bad thing about it and that is the minions that spawn while out of combat. Makes it so you can't get up and grab a drink or go to the toilet, which is neither fun nor interactive.
    Last edited by Fartoo; 2020-12-15 at 10:52 AM.

I've done it twice as of now. I don't see the point of it yet. Only takes way too much time for no reward whatsoever.

I find it very boring as well. I ran it together with a friend once in the first week and the rest I've done solo.
    It was a little more fun in a group, but not the content itself but rather the experience of playing together and talking.
    Obviously I force myself through it for the legendary upgrades but it's not something I want to do.

They should add FUN powers. I don't care if it's an overpowered ability as long as it's fun. Look at rogue like-games and just copy some items from them. Fiery attacks, oil slicks beneath you, flying, levitating head, shoot bombs, random minions, moms knife, different auras, charge/stomp etc. The list is endless really

lol, the new changes sounds stupid. Blizzard is even more anti-fun

There are just way too many anima powers that do basically nothing or very little. I have lost count how many times I have gotten an anima orb and all of the choices have been just pointless.