Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Between this and being a MM caster, I choose the pain of laying traps.
    MM's fine. You literally stand still to cast one shot, and when specced for single target you get a ton of free ones anyway. It's by far the most mobile "caster".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nessfalco View Post
    MM's fine. You literally stand still to cast one shot, and when specced for single target you get a ton of free ones anyway. It's by far the most mobile "caster".
    Incorrect. BM's entire rotation can be done on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    What spell does BM "cast"?
    It's basically a melee at range.

Even if Embers had been worse off; I'd go for it any way. I love adding interactivity to my rotation; I'm so sick of that they try to make "On use" abilities worse or medicore at best when compared to active talents for DPSers.

Not that I get what the fuzz is about, I assume that no one in this thread is planning to push for worlds first? So just drop Embers if you don't like it's "Trap + Flare" setup. Pick the second best option and call it a day?

I like the concept of spell combos but hate the execution. Throwing down two aoe circles in sequence every 25 seconds, while still doing all the other rotation, pet healing, etc. just becomes too chaotic. I kind of wish the legendary would just throw them both down at once for me. It's also annoying how if you put the flare down first, the tar won't ignite (even though the flare is still hovering above dropping flaming embers down).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What spell does BM "cast"?
    It's basically a melee at range.
    None but it's still the same class as the MM Hunter and considered a ranged DPS caster. Hence why I said, MM isn't the most mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    Even if Embers had been worse off; I'd go for it any way. I love adding interactivity to my rotation; I'm so sick of that they try to make "On use" abilities worse or medicore at best when compared to active talents for DPSers.

Not that I get what the fuzz is about, I assume that no one in this thread is planning to push for worlds first? So just drop Embers if you don't like it's "Trap + Flare" setup. Pick the second best option and call it a day?
    call it a day ?! Without embers you're doing like 25-30% dps less than any MM hunter with a PASSIVE legendary. Don't see the problem, seriously ? You like it, fine, but the majority of people don't. Casuals certainly don't.

EMBERS is a GLOBAL hunter leg, it should NEVER perform better than all specialized legendaries, that's how it work for other classes... why not BM ffs

If BM was not already sucking WITH embers, then a switch to another legendary would be thinkable. But actually, it's not even thinkable in normal raids lol...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-12-15 at 01:09 PM.

Keyboard Turner Alpha Architect's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I do like the gameplay which makes me feel like im setting something on fire but on the other side, I kinda don't like to see others playing around having passive bis leggos. I think it could be 1 gcd to active and it would be fine just to hit 1 more button while jumping around

Yeah but try to setup flare/trap while moving. You can't you have to stop... unless you're not using @macro and not moving with the mouse. And even when I stop sometimes the trap gets stuck somewhere.

This legendarny is annoiyng junk. I hate it

10+ Year Old Account
    It is extremely annoying. I made a macro to throw the flare at my mouse pointer location so it gets smoother, but sometimes it fizzles and throws the flare before the trap...

The problem is that, when used properly, nothing else compares. It's way too much damage to ignore it and it's also super easy to get. I'll stick to it until a nerf rolls around because I don't have much of a choice.

Keyboard Turner Alpha Architect's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It is extremely annoying. I made a macro to throw the flare at my mouse pointer location so it gets smoother, but sometimes it fizzles and throws the flare before the trap...

The problem is that, when used properly, nothing else compares. It's way too much damage to ignore it and it's also super easy to get. I'll stick to it until a nerf rolls around because I don't have much of a choice.
    this is exactly what i think atm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yeah but try to setup flare/trap while moving. You can't you have to stop... unless you're not using @macro and not moving with the mouse. And even when I stop sometimes the trap gets stuck somewhere.
    I don't have much trouble with moving and casting. I do use the macro. What I have trouble with is failing to predict travel time before I cast flare on it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-15 at 01:40 PM.

I don't have much trouble with moving and casting. I do use the macro. What I have trouble with is failing to predict travel time before I cast flare on it.
    in mm+ with 5 people it's manageable, but in raid with 20+ people, mechanics, bosses you have to move...sometime I throw my trap and the boss moves while the trap is traveling... one entire minute of "legendary dps" WASTED. How could someone at blizzard think it was a good idea, it baffles me. Tar trap effect is a good "flavor effect" BUT, using it in raids/dungeons suck. No other class have to throw something and wait for the boss to trigger it...

And it was NOTHING new, people said in the beta it was stupid. They nerfed it for MM while boosting the other legs, and for BM. Nothing, they wont even touch us. DAMNIT WHY, are we the new survival spec ?

I'm still conflicted, I dont know if I want to continue playing while hoping for a change, or just drop the game until they fix BM (so probably not before 9.1 or 9.2)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-12-15 at 02:05 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    yeah same, I do another shot between the 2, I use 2 button not a macro, didnt work as well in raids...

But seriously, I dont see myself playing all tier like that, I'll probably quit until a change if it stays the same. I was literally yelling at my screen

I dont care if MM does a bit more, just tune it so we can use another legendary at least for ST, please...
    Quit hunter or quit the game? Seems a bit extreme to quit playing the game because you don't enjoy one spec, doesn't it?

I am sure it's very annoying to play with, but it offers some challenge to a brain dead spec so there's that at least!
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-12-15 at 02:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Quit hunter or quit the game? Seems a bit extreme to quit playing the game because you don't enjoy one spec, doesn't it?
    Sunken cost fallacy. Effort and time already applied vs restarting again with a new class. You want to get your money's worth from the class you've chosen and sunk a cost in.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-15 at 02:49 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sunken cost fallacy. Effort and time already applied already vs restarting again with a new class. You want to get your money's worth from the class you've chosen and sunk a cost in.
    Ok that logic is sound but... This early into the expansion? That's definitely extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Ok that logic is sound but... This early into the expansion? That's definitely extreme.
    yeah I agree, if there's ever a time to reroll it's the start of the expansion but you can't beat human nature. It's like the people sinking more and more money into pyramid schemes because they refuse to believe they've lost what they've already put in to a con.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 2 cents after using it in Raids, M+, and Torgast over the week:
    - In raids its either clunky as hell or near impossible to use. As others have mentioned, bosses rarely stay in one place long enough for you to get the two GCDs + travel time off before the tank does a little jigg and the boss is no longer in range of the trap. I definitely would not recommend it for any raiding scenario, full stop.
    - In M+ it definitely gets high uptime and good usage on trash. Its up for every pull and you will rarely be in a situation where its target capped. Bosses, as with raids, can be a bit hit or miss and its still clunky as hell, but its generally less difficult to pull off. Definitively a solid choice in M+.
    - In Torgast, basically the same sentiment as M+. I've found that in most cases mobs will die before you even get close to the full DoT duration, so there is that. If you are not running in a 3/1/1 setup, or going solo, or your team is just running around like chickens with their heads cut off, it can be difficult to get mobs to be grouped in a situations where you can trigger it. The 100% increased Tar Trap radius power can be a godsend in those situations though, as it does work with the legendary.

As for macros, I've tried several variations on cast sequence macros to try and make using it as easy as possible. Most of the time they work well enough; however, I've found myself in situations where the cast sequence gets junked up and it ends up tossing a flare before the trap. This could be because the reset trigger didn't happen, or happened at a weird time, or I manually casted a Flare to try to get 2 applications in within the 30s trap duration window and then the macro becomes out of sync with my CDs.

I'd recommend avoiding castsequence macros, setting up mouse target macros for Flare and Tar Trap, and using those plus tracking CDs manually.

Does someone really enjoy throwing traps all fight long ? And seeing the tank move the boss at the exact same time you use flare ?

Damn this is so clunky... I hope they'll change this, they ruined the enjoyment of the BM spec...

First day or raid was a nightmare for me you cant even see when the boss is affected or not by the trap, sometimes the boss doesnt even trigger the trap instantly and my flare is wasted...
    Honestly I tried it for mythic plus, hated it so much I swapped to mm. The reaction time of the trap triggering doesn't feel good, I've wasted flare multiple times trying to TT and Flare back to back. If I was to ask for a change it would be either remove flare completely or make tar trap apply a debuff that we can ignite instead of the trap location.