Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Imagine thinking the player is bad when knowing absolutely nothing about their playstyle, gear or history LUL
    Link your armory.

You're not clever when you try to insult others for calling your claims into question.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, it's basically a L2Play issue. Perhaps you should go read a basic guide? Or go unholy, all you have to do is pop your CDs whenever they are up. Since so much of Unholy's power is tied into essentially passive play (Pets, DoT, and AA), even if you are fairly fail you can still do good DPS as Unholy.
    I mean... frost is all about the CD's too. Though you want to line them up ofc.
    I still feel it does lackluster DPS given it's CD dependancy. As you say, if you change to unholy you are immediatly doing loads more dps with less hassle. Part of the reason is breath of sindragosa being so easy to mess up in dungeons when you get targeted by something you need to move out of. Really sucks.
    The venthyr and necro abilities are also shadow damage which makes them scale better for unholy.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-12-14 at 06:06 PM.

Anyone else wonder why the same specs are always middle to bottom of the pack? Why is this a thing. I know Frost was strong in Raids in Nighthold but for the most part its always the same specs that win at the character creation screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. Usually when I queue up to something, I get asked "unholy?", and when I respond yes, I get an invite. I imagine if I say frost next time, I would not get an invite.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'd love to respec to Unholy for that extra bit of dps increase from Frost to make M+ and raids easier for my group, but having to craft another legendary for it is kinda a bummer.

PS: looking at the narthia race it seems that Unholy is still top dps.
    Last edited by Grable; 2020-12-15 at 10:07 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

The 2H frost fantasy needs to just die a horrible death. I can't believe they caved to the whiners who wanted 2H frost. I will take functionality over aesthetic any day and the spec was better when it was only DW. Frost is one of two specs, i believe, that not only has to hope for a weapon drop but also that it's the right weapon. I think Fury is the only other class that has to worry about this. Absolute dog shit, they should give us the ability to choose 1hs vs 2hs for weapons or make 1hs a single drop so you get two weapons with one drop. The 2H build itself is an absolute joke too. Should be proof enough what a disaster its going to be this expansion to balance that and DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I hope so. Usually when I queue up to something, I get asked "unholy?", and when I respond yes, I get an invite. I imagine if I say frost next time, I would not get an invite.
    I hate that ppl think like this. I always top meters as frost. Unholy is definitely slightly better, but the gap is not that big at all especially after the nerf. But mythic raiders have a hard on for unholy so of course all the serious raiders will be unholy. Leaving the few frost logs in raids to be the dedicated frost players or the noobs. So way more representation of unholy compounding the logs.

I'm murderous efficiency, frozen pulse, gathering storm, obliteration and i murder the aoe packs and ST. With abom arm, PoF, ERW, pumping runes into gathering storm with killing machine obliterates it does retarded damage. Pof up every other pack and obliteration way more consistent for m+ than BoS. And throw in the biting cold legendary. 30% more RW dmg, then conduit stacking 30% on top of that, then gathering storm for up to 100% on top of that.

I have pleasantly surprised every group that finally decided to invite me. Just wish ppl would get over their unholy obsession.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know 2h isn’t optimal, but I love smacking mobs with Obliterate. The 2h animation is perfect for maces, and it’s a nice change of pace from DW (which I also like).

I know everyone is going nuts for unholy, but I’m just not into pet management with my DK. Definitely glad Frost is an option.

so heres some options for frost 2H

increase the swing speed for 2H so its fast like DW 1H for more KM procs

or

while using 2h KM procs of AA AA crits and ability usage and if a ability crits

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Anyone else wonder why the same specs are always middle to bottom of the pack? Why is this a thing. I know Frost was strong in Raids in Nighthold but for the most part its always the same specs that win at the character creation screen.
    Frost was better for all of BFA than Unholy.

Unholy's turn to be king.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I feel like Blizz has just settled on Frost being the preferred PVP spec, and UH the preferred PVE spec. I guess it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I feel like Blizz has just settled on Frost being the preferred PVP spec, and UH the preferred PVE spec. I guess it is what it is.
    Why because unholy is better than frost for one patch? What about ny'alotha? or palace or battle (dk lul) or uldir or throne or nighthold or nightmare?

Now I write it down, this is the first time unholy has ended up on top since halfway though legion.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

and we never got that armory link..

Quote Originally Posted by Chat View Post
    and we never got that armory link..
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...mrage/darthkon

mm brings me to a error 500.

Zero meaningful raid/dungeon achievements to speak of.
    So much about your history...

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I hate that ppl think like this. I always top meters as frost. Unholy is definitely slightly better, but the gap is not that big at all especially after the nerf. But mythic raiders have a hard on for unholy so of course all the serious raiders will be unholy. Leaving the few frost logs in raids to be the dedicated frost players or the noobs. So way more representation of unholy compounding the logs.

I'm murderous efficiency, frozen pulse, gathering storm, obliteration and i murder the aoe packs and ST. With abom arm, PoF, ERW, pumping runes into gathering storm with killing machine obliterates it does retarded damage. Pof up every other pack and obliteration way more consistent for m+ than BoS. And throw in the biting cold legendary. 30% more RW dmg, then conduit stacking 30% on top of that, then gathering storm for up to 100% on top of that.

I have pleasantly surprised every group that finally decided to invite me. Just wish ppl would get over their unholy obsession.
    Would you be willing to link armory, Id like to see how you geared please. Been trying to find a good plan for my frost dk.

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Would you be willing to link armory, Id like to see how you geared please. Been trying to find a good plan for my frost dk.
    I'm ellieg on dragonblight us. 191 ilvl atm. Dw. Im going for mastery but taking ilvl upgrades as they come without being picky. Sometimes tank / pvp so if u see me with a 2h equip, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm ellieg on dragonblight us. 191 ilvl atm. Dw. Im going for mastery but taking ilvl upgrades as they come without being picky. Sometimes tank / pvp so if u see me with a 2h equip, that's why.
    ah ok, I was really wondering if it was dw vs 2hnder even for oblit. I see lots of people saying 2h for oblit, but I like the class fantasy of a dw frost. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessnobody View Post
    so heres some options for frost 2H

increase the swing speed for 2H so its fast like DW 1H for more KM procs

or

while using 2h KM procs of AA AA crits and ability usage and if a ability crits
    Simpler, adjust the runeforges for 2h or allow 2 on a 2hander
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal