Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You just have to do for a few weeks and then you never have to set a foot in it again. Every class has a BiS Leggo.

MANY people like Thorgast. If they hav to remove everything some people don't like but it is required the game would be quite boring. No Leveling for example.
    note that I didn't ask to remove torghast. I asked for the dust to be obtainable in other content. and just like you said, after I get my BiS fully upgraded I'm not gonna set foot in this shit ever again.... and that's the main new feature of the xpac.... also I can believe "MANY" players like torghast (probably the ones playing the "right" spec, rolling their head over their keyboard to clean layer 6 then tell ppl to "get good" or "play meta"), but their is also A LOT of hate, both inside the game (/g, /2, /etc) and on forums. you can't have not noticed it....

on a side note, the only purpose of leveling now is to tell a story the way they want to tell it. the amount of ressources they spend creating all those kill/collect quests only to tell a small bit of the story is ridiculous IMO. they could tell the story another way, they chose to use the leveling to force you to go thru it. It's obvious when you lvl an alt and decide to skip the story: you gring xp because you need xp to go to lvl cap, there is no other purpose.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-15 at 01:45 PM.

content creators are out of touch with the player base

There should be a god damn gear reward, since it's impossible to gear.

- an annoyed casual stuck in the 160s

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    Yes, if you get op powers you stomp it, if you don't you actually have to think and have a hard time.

That is the exact point of a roguelite game, which I'm guessing you've never played, and Torghast is actually a roguelite within WoW.

So you're complaining for nothing because it is exactly as it should be. I'd kinda even want for it to be a bit harder, completed all of my runs so far. Wish you'd fail one every now and then, but maybe that will be the case in Twisting Corridors.

Edit: forgot to mention that there is one bad thing about it and that is the minions that spawn while out of combat. Makes it so you can't get up and grab a drink or go to the toilet, which is neither fun nor interactive.
    I played the heck out of Hades just a month ago, obviously it was their 4th game, so they got the formula down pat by now, but you can tell how actually synergistic boons are in that game compared to mostly random throwaway anime powers in Torghast with maybe 1 or 2 combos for each class tops.
    Hades also made sure that all boons (aside few hermes ones) actually increase damage in some way, Torghast is filled with utility anime powers that are basically just a bloat you don't want to pick anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I played the heck out of Hades just a month ago, obviously it was their 4th game, so they got the formula down pat by now, but you can tell how actually synergistic boons are in that game compared to mostly random throwaway anime powers in Torghast with maybe 1 or 2 combos for each class tops.
    Hades also made sure that all boons (aside few hermes ones) actually increase damage in some way, Torghast is filled with utility anime powers that are basically just a bloat you don't want to pick anyway.
    Bunch of powers in Binding of Isaac is just straight up useless.

Bunch of weapons in Dead Cells are useless and never used.

Bunch of cards are useless in Monster Train and Slay the Spire.

Bunch of weapons are useless in Dungreed.

Bunch of weapons are useless in Risk of Rain 2.

Hades is not the only roguelite on the market that you can compare Torghast to. I've played so many that I could keep on counting and naming them for next 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    having access to beta, making money streaming, 40K+ viewers with $$ donations popping are not going to be truly honest or trashing what they got a free cash cow invite to. the a few that had negative comments and got flamed. look at all on this forum who railed on preachgaming when he had negative comments. streamer fan wars

look at classic wow, the former unauthorized server players with no changes theme was a farce. then caved change after change, which later they admitted it was best just to get game rolling...imo, MONEY. a key streamer said classic would decline, former unauthorized van wow server players who are now key streamers, countered there is always something to do in classic van wow, ironicly are now doing predom IRL, chatting, cooking, and retail WOW streaming. again MONEY talks all else walks

look at top FPS game players, they have BETA to a new game, they are all in, some paid to play, generating money, fans, and weeks later off on something else.

there are alot of streamers in WOW right now here just for SL hype, who hopped in, 1 month from now? wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Dude its a new feature, it has lot of promise.
    With who? I actually dont know anyone that is enjoying Torghast. What could be fun about it? You get good RNG and the run is fast and easy. Get poor RNG and its a boring af. They need to tune the abilities better as many power-ups are just trolling they are so awful.

The whole point of this thread was "Torghast received rave reviews in Beta" The question from the OP is "What happened"? Its a good question.

They didn't consider it as something they had to do every week to get by. They took it as face value fun side-activity, is what I presume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    With who? I actually dont know anyone that is enjoying Torghast. What could be fun about it? You get good RNG and the run is fast and easy. Get poor RNG and its a boring af. They need to tune the abilities better as many power-ups are just trolling they are so awful.

The whole point of this thread was "Torghast received rave reviews in Beta" The question from the OP is "What happened"? Its a good question.
    Tanks. Because they can pull a whole floor and not break a sweat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you actually get something from Torghast, besides Ash and Legendaries? I have done all possible wings every week and haven't found anything else. Once I have the best legendary crafted, I don't see the point of going to Torghast ever again.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

I'm a pretty big casual and I'm Ilvl 188. Gear is really easy to get. Look into getting PvP gear and upgrading it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Can you actually get something from Torghast, besides Ash and Legendaries? I have done all possible wings every week and haven't found anything else. Once I have the best legendary crafted, I don't see the point of going to Torghast ever again.
    You can find some companions for the mission table in Torghast. Meatball from past expansions can be found there.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

When Twisting Corridors opens you can farm cosmetic rewards like a mount that can be used in the Maw and things like that.

Though mostly you do try to complete Torghast to make legendaries.
    If you just want one then farming it is mostly pointless on its own, but if you want loads of legendaries you farm it loads.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarVargen View Post
    They should add FUN powers. I don't care if it's an overpowered ability as long as it's fun. Look at rogue like-games and just copy some items from them. Fiery attacks, oil slicks beneath you, flying, levitating head, shoot bombs, random minions, moms knife, different auras, charge/stomp etc. The list is endless really
    From what i know they USED to have fun op powers in alpha buuut as usual fun detected must nerf happened

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Tbh this isn't just a shadowlands issue but one that's been around for awhile..exacerbated by mythic+ becoming an alternative to rauding.

And i don't think torghast is the place but they really do need to bring back say tokens/vp/jp or something to allow casuals to gear up too(even if say one piece every 1-2 weeks as opposed to potentially several a week for the hardcore types)..especially with Ion not willing to redo old raid scaling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phobetor View Post
    content creators are out of touch with the player base
    More like they played the fun version in alpha and it just got destroyed for "balance"

Thats probably the very worst part of Torghast for me. It feels like it shouldve had mounts, pets, Xmogs and toys that drop. The way its set up is just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    When Twisting Corridors opens you can farm cosmetic rewards like a mount that can be used in the Maw and things like that.

Though mostly you do try to complete Torghast to make legendaries.
    If you just want one then farming it is mostly pointless on its own, but if you want loads of legendaries you farm it loads.
    Can you get Soul ash from Twisted corridors or do we have to run both? God, I hope we dont have to do 2 Towers...

Torghast? i like it even if i find annoying that you gain nothing if you can't kill the last boss
    The problem is, thorghast is linked to the maw, that is an annoying content to do
    No mount don't feel that place more dangerous, it only make in annoying, frustrating and boring

Love it on my paly, hate it on my mage.

It took me 2 hours to complete layer 6 with my mage couse the underwhelming power options, so from this week onwards ill only do this in a group and just once

I will say that having anima powers that "Buff" my Kyrian Potion is downright a bad choice, and lazy on blizzard's part. I'm not sure how buffing a potion, is going to help my DPS or having me run faster but ONLY when my steward is out, which is on a 5m CD. Its just not creative, and most of the time they're Blue or Purple power ups and they're just garbage.

Where is the because they got paid option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

had changes, but I believe that the main reason is that it was optional, people used to praise things they do of their own will, they went with the intention of testing
    and today they wanted to focus on other things, and are forced to do 2-3 runs a week to do the legendary, while they wanted to focus on picking gear or anything else

I just don't understand, why people think they need to like everything, I see a part saying that they like and another part saying that they don't like, it's nice to have several options, and it's not like you need to do an absurd amount of times

It's okay, you don't have to like everything, and it won't get in your way

I don't like battle pets, but I see a lot of people having fun with it, and it makes me happy, that's enough

Quote Originally Posted by Guidance View Post
    I just don't understand, why people think they need to like everything
    Thats just silly. This isnt our job. Its a video game and video games are suppose to be fun. Torghast is not fun. Blizzard did a really poor job implementing it.
    Torghast wasnt "fun" because Beta testers werent forced to do it. It was fun on beta because it was actually fun. Blizzard released a totally different version and the one they released is not fun.
    In fact for some specs or classes it is downright awful content.