Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    He is apart of the reason because he outright stated that he is going to dicate the run and that the other 4 can "piss off" if they don't like it. I am kicking that tank every day of the week.

Majority rules. If he is unwilling or can't handle it, then he can leave. Being a tank doesn't give one the right to force everyone else to play his way. That is what the vote/kick is for.
    Lol, pretty sad attempt to change the meta there lil guy. Pugs almost never kick the tank because after the first month it takes forever to replace them.
    The run does, indeed, revolve around them, and no amount of crying from tiny penis dps is ever going to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, no. You're lying. Tank wait times are usually in the minutes at minimum, often longer. You may have gotten one in 30s or less occassionally, but not with any kind of regularity.
    Wrong - if a tank is kicked for whatever reason it is near instant. Has been that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Real talk? I'm being paid to take you through normal/heroic dungeons. 900 gold and some runes of whatever. The faster it gets done, the faster I get paid.
    It does make me think whether there should be solo instances for things like this. In other responses in this thread suggest this might be at least be considered. There is even another thread about people leaving after certain bosses.

It is clear that while dungeon is supposed to a co-operative endeavor, some people does not treat as such. In which cases, solo instances maybe the one answer.

I can see why the go-go-go mentality is present for M+ due to the timing, but I do find it surprising in normal and heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    As others have mentioned, many of us have limited playtime available. So a dungeon taking 30 minutes vs. 45 is a big deal to me personally. that means I can maybe squeeze two into a 1 hr play session vs. 1. That's a BIG deal for me, as I maybe have time for 4 or 5 mythic keys a week. If that turned into 2 or 3 that would be kind of painful for me. so there's always a sense of urgency in doing group content; to me it's more of a respect for the other members' time versus "rushing." Obviously if you're rushing and making mistakes, wiping, then you're doing it wrong.

But keeping a high pace in dungeons that everyone can keep up with is ideal IMO.
    But why should four complete strangers rush just because you don't have much time? Join a guild, okay with friends - don't force your problems on complete strangers and then complain when they don't adjust their playstyle to suit your personal needs.

Fyi this conversation was before m+ so is about difficulties with no timer.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But why should four complete strangers rush just because you don't have much time? Join a guild, okay with friends - don't force your problems on complete strangers and then complain when they don't adjust their playstyle to suit your personal needs.

Fyi this conversation was before m+ so is about difficulties with no timer.
    Sorry if it wasn't clear - I'm not saying everyone should adjust to me. In fact, my last statement was "...a high pace in dungeons that everyone can keep up with is ideal IMO." So I'm saying the opposite - we should go as fast as the slowest person can keep up with. That's all I'm saying - speed does matter and I would think we should all be respective of others' time.

On the other side of the coin, why should I get slowed down by two slackers who aren't half paying attention or afk or whatever?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    Yeah, pugging in modern wow is a nightmare. We (me and two others) needed two extra dps to do mythic dungeons this week and they left as soon as we died on the second boss in plaguefall due to them not damaging the exploding blob which one shots non-tanks on exploding. It was literally their own fault lol. We did manage to find more dps afterwards though and it went fine but thank god we had a tank and healer.
    Yeah this is something that most of the times is due to fear of being called by the low dps or a mistake.
    I was tanking halls heroic the other day and before the first boss a dps pulled everything left and right by mistake, we died but no one said that dude anything, nevertheless he left and i am sure it was because he was afraid that someone was going to be toxic with him, or simply terrified of doing another mistake.
    This is a topic worth considering, how it is possible to have people having such a hard time over a mistake in a videogame? honestly we should all do our part to try and reduce the toxicity, and a lot of players do it in fact, even with people they know they will never meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Lol, pretty sad attempt to change the meta there lil guy. Pugs almost never kick the tank because after the first month it takes forever to replace them.
    The run does, indeed, revolve around them, and no amount of crying from tiny penis dps is ever going to change that.
    The run does revolve around the tank, but the tank doesnt get to say "my way or fuck off" anymore. He sets the speed, but if its too slow he gets kicked.

1 person does not get to decide over 4 other people. If you are the minority in a group, you can either fall in or break off. You shouldnt complain that "WAAAAH 4 other people didnt do exactly as i wanted and i didnt want to leave!!!!"

Honstely. I enjoy clearing my dungeons fast.
    There is nothing more enjoyable than big dick DPS killing everything I tank within seconds.
    Makes me feel powerful and makes me enjoy the game more than anything else.

Going around and enjoying other parts of the game and going a pace slower is for my solo outdoor content.
    If I am in a group, I pull on the same string as them. If someone says "my first time here, can you explain", I will do just that.
    But my prefered way to play is big dicking everything while being as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't see how anyone would be upset by a fast tank other than maybe a healer struggling to keep up? what a weird thing to be triggered by.

If you want to smell the roses just stay in the dungeon after it's over and slowly pull any remaining trash 1 by 1 or something.
    This is usually the issue i have as a MW monk even at 185 ilvl. Monks have mana issues in dungeons and sometimes a rushing tank thinks that I can do "The most" like a priest, with lower mana pools. Its give and take i think ultimately, unless its a higher key dungeon and the clock is a factor for your group. (as in you may not time the key for whatever reason or reasons)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogbound View Post
    Honstely. I enjoy clearing my dungeons fast.
    There is nothing more enjoyable than big dick DPS killing everything I tank within seconds.
    Makes me feel powerful and makes me enjoy the game more than anything else.

Going around and enjoying other parts of the game and going a pace slower is for my solo outdoor content.
    If I am in a group, I pull on the same string as them. If someone says "my first time here, can you explain", I will do just that.
    But my prefered way to play is big dicking everything while being as fast as possible.
    I think you'd really enjoy Diablo style gameplay then! Or maybe I need to play tank more often or something xD but from what I hear, BrM isn't great either. =/

It's a timed run what'd you expect
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    Ok, so I registered JUST to reply to your thread. It's a good post.

Unfortunately, I may have been the trigger, who knows. I am leveling an alt Warrior. I rolled it because my level 60 warlock takes a long time in queue. My intent is to level the warrior exclusively through dungeons. For two reasons really. First, quick queue, and I can get some action and control the movement of the group. Second, to help all those other DPS in queue by adding a tank into the mix. I actually enjoy quick tanking and pushing it a bit. It pushes me to be a better tank. Also, all time saved these days is a plus.

It's with good intent from me on that side of it. Hope your travels are well! Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post

also, in normal dongeon, good chance the tank is in fact a DPS who switched spec to skip the queue... you can guess those guys have no time to waste... they are playing tank the way they expect tanks to play. FAST.
    Boom. High-five.

- - - Updated - - -

No recent feedback from the OP.

Because time is money, friend.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    As you should thank the good players for carrying you through content that you else would be unable to complete with the likes of yourself...
    I don't run the content until I can solo it. I'm not a fan of instance mechanics when a tiny missed step can wipe 40 people who were doing so well just 10 seconds ago. So as for me thanking anyone, I will thank the others like myself who stay subbed through the whole expac so elitists can have their content.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    This guy is the problem of that community. He thinks he and his friends are elites and the game should be play their way only! If you disagree it's your fault and it is your responsability to find a group who better suits you. This is what happend to Wow lately! quick quick quick loot loot loot... And that's it! Dont care about others, My way the highway!

Sorry I'm going back to Classic! Much more respect in there!
    You are delusional and a hypocrite.

We never force our way onto others. You are free to play as you wish, with whomever you wish, but you can't force us to play the way you want as well. Literal hypocrisy.

Finding a group that plays your way is the heart of building a community. Millions of players play this game and you will NEVER agree on a single way to play it.

IF you want to participate in content that is "elite" you need to follow the most optimal way of playing.
    IF you want to participate in content that is "casual" you need to find people who are not into optimizing and min maxing and are just here to have fun.

It's a lot more complicated than that but for the sake of argument let's consider there's elite and casual and not get into super elite super casual ... bla bla bla

Elite content: Mythic raiding, 2400+ ratings, 15-30+ keys.
    Casual content: Heroic, normal, and LFR. 0-2100, 2-14 keys.

Yes, IT IS your responsibility to find other people who want to play like you.
    Yes, IT IS your fault if you disagree that you need to find a suitable group of like minded individuals.
    Yes, quick quick loot loot loot is the heart of fast paced progress. As you said, it's the highway. If you want to go slow, take the slow lane :/

Classic and retail are two different games. For people like you, classic is a lot more friendly because you only have to worry about 2-3 mechanics (if even that) and no timers like m+.

Enjoy classic, not sure why you think you'd be more respected there, but you do you.
    Last edited by Lucifer Morningstar; 2020-12-16 at 07:38 AM.

Nope. Tanks get kicked all the time if they come in with that attitude. Maybe in a fantasy world they don't, but they absolutely do in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, healer decides the pace, not the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The core issue is that there is just too much to do in this game, and not enough time to do it.

For me though the "use m+ strats in normal" thing is just because I am not going to change how I do a dungeon just because you are inexperienced with it.
    That is rude of you to ask me to do that, frankly.

Intentionally employing bad habits to make some one happy is the definition of a toxic relationship, in my eyes, so that offers me no incentive to play with that person.
    Often, I find this type of thread gets made by some one who is unhappy that they are inexperienced.
    Wow. You really are the full package.