Thread: AH undercutting

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I only undercut if things are way too overpriced. But on some things it's the opposite, and people don't know that overpriced still makes the things sell very well. Like enchants, particularly for looms. So there's no point in lowering prices when selling stuff like that.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    For saying you have a business degree, you apperently don't have a clue. A buyer does have a way of influencing the market. They don't have to buy the stuff. Supply and demand.
    As I said WoW is not real life.
    You have one flask for all the damage dealers (especially now that everyone uses the exact same thing).

A buyer cannot influence a market they cannot substitute.
    If the lowest price flask on the market is 100g they will have to spend 100g or go farming themselves (most people don't do that btw). It's that simple.
    There is no "another retailer" where they could buy cheaper. There is one AH.

If you decide to ruin this market by undercutting for literally no reason that's your choice. I've been telling people not to do that.

Currently people are too stupid to understand any of this so most item's have dropped in price massively.
    Armor kits are still very profitable tho, as scrubs dont even know they exist but actual people who progress need to use them so we don't have a massive influx of dumb people selling cheap... for now.

I always undercut because I'm not interested in playing the market or having to relist something because it didn't sell, for whatever reason. The amount of gold I lose for doing so is never enough for it to matter when I already have a ton of gold. This might come as a shock but 99% of people are not invested in "the market" like you are. Chances are those same items will come down in gold a week later and you might even end up making less than you listed it for for a lot of items that there are a lot of, like runecarver items. I could care less about you or the market. Lol. Most likely any items I list will sell instantly so it won't have much weight regardless. If you think one person listing something for 300 and all the rest are listed at 600, it's very unlikely, unless it doesn't sell instantly and everyone auto lists it at half price.
    Last edited by La; 2020-12-15 at 06:45 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    As I said WoW is not real life.
    You have one flask for all the damage dealers (especially now that everyone uses the exact same thing).

If the lowest price flask on the market is 100g they will have to spend 100g or go farming themselves (most people don't do that btw). It's that simple.
    There is no "another retailer" where they could buy cheaper. There is one AH.

If you decide to ruin this market by undercutting for literally no reason that's your choice. I've been telling people not to do that.

Currently people are too stupid to understand any of this so most item's have dropped in price massively.
    Armor kits are still very profitable tho, as scrubs dont even know they exist but actual people who progress need to use them so we don't have a massive influx of dumb people selling cheap... for now.
    at this point it is not even worth arguing with anymore. You just are butt hurt because you make less gold in a game that doesn't affect you in life at all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I mean you put it in for 5g less, the next guy after you drops 100 more stacks for the 5g less, next guy tries to be smart and lowers price by another 10g for 5 stacks, next one postst another 100 stacks for 15g less than original price, and so on
    Welcome to a free market.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I'm the guy putting cloth up for 1s, to catch folks dropping 1000s of them at my price, rinsing and repeating, makes those boring vendor shuffles somewhat bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerwydd View Post
    it was a basic question and all the points worth making were made in the first few posts and now the entire thread is just flaming each other.
    welcome to MMOC

at this point it is not even worth arguing with anymore. You just are butt hurt because you make less gold in a game that doesn't affect you in life at all.
    No, I'm just sad that people are too dumb to understand that they are all losing out on gold.
    What's even sadder is the people who acknowledge this and still do it.

You can lose your gold all you want I don't really care.

A new low is people calling me "butt hurt" when I am actually telling them what to do so they can make MORE gold.
    It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    I'm the guy putting cloth up for 1s, to catch folks dropping 1000s of them at my price, rinsing and repeating, makes those boring vendor shuffles somewhat bearable.
    that's bullshit. doing that, your cloth will be sold the second it's listed. nobody will see the cloth at your price, exept the bot who bought it instently

Only read page one but here is my view on this.

People are stupid.... wait that is my view on the world guess it works here too.

It is true people are stupid though. They will sell things at a price that is less then the mats to make it and think they are making gold because they got those mats farming and they did not "cost them anything" forgetting that they could have just sold the mats and made more then they would have crafting the item. The Runecraft armor is the best show of this right now I can get rank 1 for 2-3k rank 2 for 5-10k rank 3 for 12-25k at rank 4 they start to be profitable but due to the low cost of the other 3 ranks few people craft rank 4 when no one has the ash to make them into leggos.

and damn you Blizz for making the reset take longer today because if you did not i would not have wrote this

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    that's bullshit. doing that, your cloth will be sold the second it's listed. nobody will see the cloth at your price, exept the bot who bought it instently
    Baiting is quiet common AH game that's been going on since the AH change. It's questionably ethics, but ethics are man-made constructs.

you should demand money back for your studies

buyer CAN influence price of item he cannot substitute in several ways, depending on what item it is
    in case of materials in wow, he can FARM THEM himself, or in case of potions and other shite he can make them... you know some people literaly have alts for profesions only to make shit for their main if its too expensive on AH right?

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm just sad that people are too dumb to understand that they are all losing out on gold.

A new low is people calling me "butt hurt" when I am actually telling them what to do so they can make MORE gold.
    It's crazy.
    if i put materials on AH just few silvers lower, i sell them within hour
    if you put items on AH for the current price half comes back next day, i have to relist them and the price is few golds lower

in which case i make more money?
    if you cant comprehend this i doubt you really went to business school

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you should demand money back for your studies

buyer CAN influence price of item he cannot substitute in several ways, depending on what item it is
    in case of materials in wow, he can FARM THEM himself, or in case of potions and other shite he can make them... you know some people literaly have alts for profesions only to make shit for their main if its too expensive on AH right?

- - - Updated - - -

if i put materials on AH just few silvers lower, i sell them within hour
    if you put items on AH for the current price half comes back next day, i have to relist them and the price is few golds lower

in which case i make more money?
    if you cant comprehend this i doubt you really went to business school
    Farming them is not equal to buying a substitute.

You lose time therefore not doing what you would be doing instead, which is either M+ or raiding if you need those potions.
    The vast majority of players do not have an alt parked to craft their own consumables. Especially not in bulk. That is way too much time.

Also, as for the below one you managed to describe the problem at hand.

The literal thing you wrote is the problem I've been talking about.
    People undercutting for no actual reason, this causes a chain reaction and boom the price has dropped for no reason at all.
    Ofc you make less money cuz people are too dumb to use the AH correctly.

Farming them is not equal to buying a substitute.

You lose time therefore not doing what you would be doing instead, which is either M+ or raiding if you need those potions.
    The vast majority of players do not have an alt parked to craft their own consumables. Especially not in bulk. That is way too much time.

Also, as for the below one you managed to describe the problem at hand.

The literal thing you wrote is the problem I've been talking about.
    People undercutting for no actual reason, this causes a chain reaction and boom the price has dropped for no reason at all.
    Ofc you make less money cuz people are too dumb to use the AH correctly.
    people undercutting for "no reason" is not only reason why prices fall... and selling for sure NOW instead MAYBE daysk later after listing item 5 times for "good" price is hardly "no reason", but sure, whatever floats your boat...
    and sure, you wouldnt be doing other things, but if you actualy have to farm gold to buy something OR you can farm the item itself faster, what would you choose?
    btw i NEVER said its equal to substitute, i said it is an alternative, one that is very likely if the price is too high, as literaly only thing you need to farm materials is time, which is the same you need to farm gold... so obviously, anyone with half a brain will farm whats better for him, if it happens to be material, then he will not be buying of the AH, which will lead to less demand and lower price, or to stale market where nobody wants to sell for less and nobody wants to buy for current price...

your theory about "keeping the price high: would be correct IF
    1. there was no other way of aquiring the items (which there is)
    2. if EVERYONE in whole market folowed it (which they wont)

so you can either whine how in "perfect" situation you could earn more, or appease with fact that market is not going how you would like it and try to make most of it... your choice
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-12-15 at 08:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

It's crazy.
    A new low is calling people dumb for losing out on something most people don't care about. You act like everyone in the game cares if they have millions of gold. News flash, they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Watched Wolf of Wall Street once* more like
    with chinese voice without subtitles

What's the difference, Its my wares at my price. Just because you may not like it doesn't make it wrong.
    Well there is a difference.

You can set your prices at what you want

They can set their price at what they want

People can undercut by 1c to max profit, or they can undercut by 2000g. Its completely up to the individual. You can set your prices to compete with other players to try to force a price if you want. Thats fine. But you don't directly tell someone their prices are wrong because you aren't happy about it.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    Why do some people undercut so bad? The AH update from bfa literally makes it so you dont need to undercut and you will have priority on sell queue.
    Everyone is selling an enchant for 650g, some guy comes and puts 100 up for 300g. Way to ruin the market man.

Stop undercutting!
    if your on a low population server and have very few players on undercutting is pretty much the only way to sell anything on the ah.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I won't think twice before undercutting you all because it's fun lol. I love selling things for cheap anyway, bringing the prices down is a bonus ^^ I triggered people in trade chat today about this after causing one of the legendary mail armor to go down 7k

They are stupid.

You can go ahead right now, farm 1k nightshade and sell it for 1 silver each.
    Nothing is stopping you if 'yOu thInK ThAt'S ThEIr wORtH".
    But objectively it would be stupid af.

It's the same for everything else but of course in a less extreme fashion.

I can only watch the AH for so long. Human gotta do human things. Sleep, eat, work whatever.
    During a simple 8 hour period prices can drop randomly by a large amount simply because people are stupid.

Currently Flask of Power has a pretty steady price and it's a good thing. Sellers can expect sales at a stable price while buyers will buy no matter what because they progress thru the raid.
    This is ideal.

And no, BfA flasks were expensive because Anchor Weed was rare at the beginning. They buffed the spawn rates AND the amount you got from picking them up at the same time.
    This however has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god...

It's not like you can LITERALLY see every single listing and price next to it when you check that item...

Life must be hard for ya...

I hope you don't think 5G causes covid.
    Ignoring being proved wrong does not mean "this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand". You continue to state that everyone buys flasks, it's a captured market, but they don't. If prices are too expensive then they will not sell. That's the main reason prices drop. Supply exceeds demand. It happens with epics, it happens with consumables, and it happens with materials.

Again, you can get angry all you like but people undercutting is a natural part of the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro