Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm a pretty big casual and I'm Ilvl 188. Gear is really easy to get. Look into getting PvP gear and upgrading it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can find some companions for the mission table in Torghast. Meatball from past expansions can be found there.
    Oh yeah, PVP as a casual gear path always turns out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Thats probably the very worst part of Torghast for me. It feels like it shouldve had mounts, pets, Xmogs and toys that drop. The way its set up is just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you get Soul ash from Twisted corridors or do we have to run both? God, I hope we dont have to do 2 Towers...
    Twisting Corridors is just for cosmetics. Ion recently compared it to the one and done deal you had for the mage tower challenge in Legion, and the difficulty is supposedly far far higher than the other wings.

If you just want soul ash then you can skip it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    From what i know they USED to have fun op powers in alpha buuut as usual fun detected must nerf happened
    Yep, i've been lookin at some alpha footage and some had crazy and good powers, now I just don't see it anywhere. My class has literally zero good/fun powers.

You needed a fourth option in your poll:

It was fun the first couple of times

Because it is. In my opinion, of course.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    Bunch of powers in Binding of Isaac is just straight up useless.

Bunch of weapons in Dead Cells are useless and never used.

Bunch of cards are useless in Monster Train and Slay the Spire.

Bunch of weapons are useless in Dungreed.

Bunch of weapons are useless in Risk of Rain 2.

Hades is not the only roguelite on the market that you can compare Torghast to. I've played so many that I could keep on counting and naming them for next 2 hours.
    and there is a good reason why most people not playing specifically this genre haven't heard of any of those outside of Binding of Isaac and maybe Slay the Spire...
    For a roguelite mode in WoW, you shouldn't try to get inspired by the frustrating parts of the genre but build up on the exciting parts. Despite me liking Torghast enough, it is missing the exciting factor most of the time and doesn't have nearly the same replayability IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    You needed a fourth option in your poll:

It was fun the first couple of times
    Yea. But i think that will make the poll too complicated.

If you thought it was fun and now only do it because of ash, you are just OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and there is a good reason why most people not playing specifically this genre haven't heard of any of those outside of Binding of Isaac and maybe Slay the Spire...
    For a roguelite mode in WoW, you shouldn't try to get inspired by the frustrating parts of the genre but build up on the exciting parts. Despite me liking Torghast enough, it is missing the exciting factor most of the time and doesn't have nearly the same replayability IMO.
    That I do agree on, it is replayable, but just not as much. Needs some more, how do I word it, chaos.

Best runs in roguelites are when you're just insanely op as fuck and stomping everything with some insane combos. I play balance, and the runs that are most fun are the ones where I can just run around, spam moonfires and huge full moons are dropping on deathsworn heads. Would be cool if there were 20 more powers like that, that change your playstyle in a significant way.

It is first tier so there's still a lot of time, I have really high hopes for Torghast because it definitely has potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    That I do agree on, it is replayable, but just not as much. Needs some more, how do I word it, chaos.

Best runs in roguelites are when you're just insanely op as fuck and stomping everything with some insane combos. I play balance, and the runs that are most fun are the ones where I can just run around, spam moonfires and huge full moons are dropping on deathsworn heads. Would be cool if there were 20 more powers like that, that change your playstyle in a significant way.

It is first tier so there's still a lot of time, I have really high hopes for Torghast because it definitely has potential.
    Sad thing is it seems torghast bets WAS like that..but they just kept merfing it

Yes, if you get op powers you stomp it, if you don't you actually have to think and have a hard time.

That is the exact point of a roguelite game, which I'm guessing you've never played, and Torghast is actually a roguelite within WoW.

So you're complaining for nothing because it is exactly as it should be.
    or for some specs, if you don't get the right power, you can't kill the end boss at all.....

yes, I never played roguelite games, for a good reason: I'm not interrested. I play an MMORPG. Now one of the biggest upgrade of the MMO (lego) is linked to a fucken half assed roguelite where I have to spend next to an hour of my playing session for one wing, and I just lost my time if I fail.

If you don't see something wrong here, then I really don't know what to tell you.....

what's next? a car race game within WoW to get legos? a tetris game? what do you like?

actually, the "racing" world quest of SL takes less than 5 minutes even with a couple fails and it's more rewarding (well, there IS a reward) than an hour long failed run in torghast.... "exactly as it should be" ???
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-16 at 02:21 PM.

too bad the poll is going to be completely ruined with the recent changes in Thorgast, a lot of people will be changing their mind

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so...

uhh...

Four new zones with only leveling story available and nothing past 60 except M+ Raid and Pee Vee Pee?
    They can get rid of mythic dungeons too while they're at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it, at all. If soul ash or whatever other important currency/item wasn't there I would never go back to it. It's tedious as all fucking hell.

I'm still waiting on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I'm still waiting on that list.
    What list?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I don't like it, at all. If soul ash or whatever other important currency/item wasn't there I would never go back to it. It's tedious as all fucking hell.
    It is same here. I don't know any of my guildies who thinks Torghast is fun.

Worse than Visions and Islands, easily.

Might be somewhat enjoyable in 2 years from now, you know, once it's been given actual proper development time. Luckily though, at that point it'll be put in the bin and be replaced by next expansion's new shitty and unfinished stupid ass grindy slugfest nonsense system designed by people who haven't actually played a game in their entire lives.

The only friend I play with who really liked Torghast is someone who refuses to play any other video games except WoW. I think someone who doesn't realize how much more complex real roguelikes are can let a lot of the bad design here pass.

The main thing I see with Torghast is the main thing I see with this entire expansion: Addiction hooks, not fun design.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is a prime example of "FUN DETECTED!"

My list of changes after playing this boring expansion feature:

- Mobs should not scale from floor to floor, it makes no sense. You want to start slow and ramp up. Right now, with okay powers, it evens out so floor 5 is around floor 1 at speed
    - lower floors should have less rooms than higher floors
    - more non-linearity
    - Anima power needs a rating and pity-timer. Going up to floor 6 without any good powers ... /yikes
    - full run with correct ilvl should be balanced around 30mins, not like 1+ hours ... FFS even M+ is < 30mins!
    - anima currency as reward for a floor
    - have an ilvl requirement or suggestion for layers to signal players they won't have fun in there with their undergeared toon
    - actually invent some fun anima powers that buff certain skills on casters/healers because compared to tanks and melees they are abyssmal
    - playtest the whole thing so you realize that a door boss with a channel heal can't be killed by a class spec that has no interrupt. Luckily I had the fear talent to 30 sec as a priest to interrupt the channel heal on around 15sec cooldown. Still, every 2nd heal went through so the door boss took a long time. Just painful to watch and play.

I could go on I guess but that's my most important points. I didn't believe any streamers/tubers that Torghast is fun until I played it myself. As it stands, Torghast can be some fun for certain classes/specs but the overall experience is not great. It's not challenging whatsoever. Maybe it's challenging when you're totally new to the game and have to figure out how to pull or AoE around a corner. Hardly high level gameplay.

It's already starting to feel tedious. +7 is tough, so I imagine +8 is even worse. But luckily after this week, it's only 2 runs per week for max soulash. If youre not playing alts or alt specs, then it will end up being an hour a week of chores. And after a while, unless they raise the level of the legendaries, you wont have to do it at all, since it will cap.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT