Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Is there any way to hide your hat/helmet? I mean yeesh.

So many little things add up to major annoyances in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I don't think there is a way to not show your helm, sadly
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm currently playing with a GTX 1080 with most stuff on ultra and some things on high, but no ray tracing. Stuff seems smooth enough to me.

Outside of that, I"m really getting into the game. More stuff is remind me of what I loved about the Witcher series. It probably sounds silly, but the fact that there's a broad spectrum of 'looks' of people makes the world seem so much more believable to me. Every NPC and character doesn't look like some A-lister or model. Some people are really striking looking. Some are kinda dumpy looking. Some are good looking with some noticeable flaws. That, and the conversational acting just seems a lot more natural than most games. It's not scene-chewing, heavy lifting acting, but there's pauses, and sighs, and idioms, and 'uhhhs' that just make conversations seem so much more natural and believable to me. All in all, I'm really getting into it now.
    Pretty much the same here, same card and I'm running everything on ultra with zero noticeable issues (to be fair I've never once in my life checked the FPS a game was running at, I just care if it works). I've had exactly one crash so far and validating my files fixed it.

As for the game itself, I hated the Witcher series and I love this. It's clearly influenced by a wide range of games and ties the numerous game systems it has together really, really well. The writing is really excellent, can't speak to the plot since I'm just a little past the prologue, but the world-building in particular is really engaging and feels deep.

It's too bad it has had such an ugly launch on consoles, probably bad for future DLC and more expansion of this IP but I really hope they pull through. I want to see what they can do with this game if they develop it a bit more. Probably my biggest complaint is the AI, and I really suspect there are just some bugs. Sometimes the enemies seem to be somewhat thoughtful, trying to flank me or search for me, but more often than not they just politely wait to die. That's minor however, there is so much else to delve into. Can't wait to finish so I can replay it.

You know here is another thing. This game released on December 9th 2020. CDPR is right now saying by February they will have a lot of technical issues ironed out.

December... January... February... they could have just delayed it for 3 more months. Save themselves the bad press and hurt feelings to some degree.

There might have even been time to do more QA passes- I know EXACTLY how QA passes work in gaming because that was fucking job at one point. Which is more than just finding bugs but giving quality feedback about usability and user experience.

The bugs are one thing, that is transitory. But the bad press and what I think is overall poor usability in the game design are forever.

Jesus Christ on a stick, CDPR.

*You were the chosen one! meme*

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't dip well under 30. It had minor drops in Saint Denis(locked 30 fps everywhere else in the world which makes up 95% of the game) at launch that where cleaned up in a patch on week 1. Even with those minor drops it was no where near as bad as this, you are literally making a terrible comparison. RDR2 having occasional drops to 25 fps in one single area in the game, that makes up a small portion of the game is a far cry from steady drops to 15 fps during any driving or fire fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Explains all those other games that came out this year and didn't flop. Since apparently you have to "look like an 8 year old game" to not perform like dog shit. Great logic, not. Doom Eternal, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion etc etc somehow none of these guys got the memo. I would love for you to show me an 8 year old game that looks like any of these yet they have no trouble maintaining 30 fps on those same systems(60 in case of Doom).
    Pun intended? :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People would just get mad, same people that got upset for each delay. I hope they going forward hide the release date until....they are ready to "go gold." Cause I'm wondering if optimizing it on older consoles took much longer then expected.
    This would be an odd argument though as they should have been working on the ps4/xbox one models this entire time, not making it run well on the newest, current consoles.

I don't think there is a way to not show your helm, sadly
    Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be an odd argument though as they should have been working on the ps4/xbox one models this entire time, not making it run well on the newest, current consoles.
    I'm only guessing they thought they could optimize the older consoles. That may not be the case. Just don't want the devs to give up on supporting the game.

Good lord.

Yeah, don't use any headpiece, don't wanna look dumb(Not that I would see it often anyways)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm only guessing they thought they could optimize the older consoles. That may not be the case. Just don't want the devs to give up on supporting the game.

Yeah, don't use any headpiece, don't wanna look dumb(Not that I would see it often anyways)
    I can't really understand this. Or not being able to customise cars or change your appereance. I know it's silly but it's so ridiculous to not have that in a game such as this in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    I can't really understand this. Or not being able to customise cars or change your appereance. I know it's silly but it's so ridiculous to not have that in a game such as this in my opinion.
    Cars I get, this isn't Need for Speed. But no barbershops or plastic surgeons? In a game where you can replace your organs, skin, and even chunks of your brain at walk-in clinics? I don't get it either, and it feels like the sort of thing they will add for free later.

A transmog system was so obviously needed that I have to assume it was a cut feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    A transmog system was so obviously needed that I have to assume it was a cut feature.
    I don't think so. That's what the upgrade system is for. Players who spec into crafting get to pick their favorite gear and make it the best, that's the benefit to dedicating points to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I don't think so. That's what the upgrade system is for. Players who spec into crafting get to pick their favorite gear and make it the best, that's the benefit to dedicating points to it.
    Yeah, I think they wanted you to have to trade off between fashion and utility. I wish the upgrade system didn't have increasing costs though, it makes it cost prohibitive to keep your old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Pretty much the same here, same card and I'm running everything on ultra with zero noticeable issues (to be fair I've never once in my life checked the FPS a game was running at, I just care if it works). I've had exactly one crash so far and validating my files fixed it.

As for the game itself, I hated the Witcher series and I love this. It's clearly influenced by a wide range of games and ties the numerous game systems it has together really, really well. The writing is really excellent, can't speak to the plot since I'm just a little past the prologue, but the world-building in particular is really engaging and feels deep.

It's too bad it has had such an ugly launch on consoles, probably bad for future DLC and more expansion of this IP but I really hope they pull through. I want to see what they can do with this game if they develop it a bit more. Probably my biggest complaint is the AI, and I really suspect there are just some bugs. Sometimes the enemies seem to be somewhat thoughtful, trying to flank me or search for me, but more often than not they just politely wait to die. That's minor however, there is so much else to delve into. Can't wait to finish so I can replay it.
    I've kind of wondered if that's intentional on CDPR's part. Like in Witcher, the average thug you run into is just an incompetent idiot who can barely swing a sword without throwing himself off balance. It could be confirmation bias on my part, but I think it's fun.

On the negative side, I've noticed a lot of behavioral and weird gameplay bugs that kind of throw you off, but that's always been the case with CDPR, and I've learned to mostly live with them while I wait for them to be ironed out.

It's Metacritic score has definitely taken a hit.

It's average critic score across all platforms comes to just 65 with an average user score of 4.7, which really does hurt their rep. And might drive the next-gen console owners away from their future online version of the game.

Hopefully they can pull off a Witcher 3 and patch it up, but waiting till Feb for the major bugs to be fixed is rather inexcusable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixes coming in Feb just in time for the consoles to restock

They know they released to early and with hopes they'll make enough to drown out critics. Not a bad game but an uncooked game. I don't know studios make the gamble to release games before they are done, games that would be great if they just waited a couple of more months. Quite a few games hurt themselves with bad initial impressions. Maybe some execs needed to make a down payment or wanted to take an early vacation so they pushed for early releases.

Its dumb and shows how much the industry still has to learn.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You know here is another thing. This game released on December 9th 2020. CDPR is right now saying by February they will have a lot of technical issues ironed out.

December... January... February... they could have just delayed it for 3 more months. Save themselves the bad press and hurt feelings to some degree.
    Except Christmas isn't in February. Let's be real, missing the holiday sales is pretty huge, and plenty of games over the last few decades have launched early to get those big holiday sales numbers, then patched the game up within a few months. This is nothing new, and exactly nobody should be surprised at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Except Christmas isn't in February. Let's be real, missing the holiday sales is pretty huge.
    Accept its been proven time and time again it isn't.

The Switch dropped in Q1, Many games from first and 3rd party company's dropped in Jan/Feb and sold like crazy. Will they miss some sales? Maybe but it wouldn't be huge. The hype they built up for Cyberpunk would carry them to any date they wanted.

Adam Kiciński released it cause he wanted to release it and it came at the cost of the goodwill CDPR has built up over the years and maybe burning some bridges with Sony/MS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't dip well under 30. It had minor drops in Saint Denis(locked 30 fps everywhere else in the world which makes up 95% of the game) at launch that where cleaned up in a patch on week 1. Even with those minor drops it was no where near as bad as this, you are literally making a terrible comparison. RDR2 having occasional drops to 25 fps in one single area in the game, that makes up a small portion of the game is a far cry from steady drops to 15 fps during any driving or fire fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Explains all those other games that came out this year and didn't flop. Since apparently you have to "look like an 8 year old game" to not perform like dog shit. Great logic, not. Doom Eternal, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion etc etc somehow none of these guys got the memo. I would love for you to show me an 8 year old game that looks like any of these yet they have no trouble maintaining 30 fps on those same systems(60 in case of Doom).
    It dipped well below 30fps.
    I've also yet to see a single game with the graphics of Cyberpunk this year or ever and nothing that even has remotly the same amount of stuff happening on the screen at the same time. The ones you mention here are so far behind Cyberpunk it's not even funny. Whatch dogs does look like a game that game out 8 years ago, actually and AC is quite litteraly the same as the last two games in the series (fun but looks the same).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then why did they release it on the PS4, or at least why did they not put a warning on the box that despite being released on the PS4 it shouldn't be played on the PS4? How come other devs are capable of putting out games on the PS4 that don't run like crap?
    They did. The min specs are right there for you to see. The PS4s specs are below even the min specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, i went through it all and maybe 3 things caused minor issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

They were left in an unenviable position. They got death threats after the last delay. Another delay would have just about caused a riot.