Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PSA: Don't try Torghast as a solo healer anymore.

Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin. Hadn't died at all in here on previous weeks.
    Last edited by Rathwirt; 2020-12-16 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin.
    The buff to bosses hit me hard on my mage too. 350k for the floor 4 empowered interceptor. cant interrupt, cant kite, just death

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get to the boss on layer 7 as disc, but damn was it a struggle. 22 useless anima powers later and I stood absolutely no chance at defeating the finally boss.

If I had even 1 good/ usable anima power I think it would be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    The buff to bosses hit me hard on my mage too. 350k for the floor 4 empowered interceptor. cant interrupt, cant kite, just death
    when did that buff happened? And how exactly were they buffed?

edit: nvm, found it on mainpage. Must have missed it under other news. Hasn't touched Europe yet, so tomorrow I will have it extra hard then ^^
    Last edited by procne; 2020-12-16 at 12:27 AM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Because if there's one thing we've all wanted Torghast to be then it's bigger HP sponges that just meleehit / random shit spam cast you to death.

Grats Blizzard, you've outdone yourselves again. You've clearly captured the essence of all the great roguelikes out there and came up with something even better - as is tradition.

Can't wait for Torghast to finally be somewhat enjoyable 2 years from now when it's finally gotten the required development time. It's a fucking farce atm - who in their right fucking mind wants to spend fucking 2 hours per layer on this boring ass pathetic horseshit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Hotfixes last night [With regional restarts] Enemy health and damage increased on floors 2, 4, and 5.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why it affected DPS side but last week my 155 feral druid was able to do all 6 layers without a single death. Jumped into Layer 4 today and died twice on the first floor

/cancelled sub. Game is a shadow of what it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Dunno why it affected DPS side but last week my 155 feral druid was able to do all 6 layers without a single death. Jumped into Layer 4 today and died twice on the first floor

/cancelled sub. Game is a shadow of what it used to be
    I kept failing on the last boss on layer 6, with 153 ilvl. I just can't burn him fast enough before his stacking buff finally overwhelms me. And that's recurring issue with all the elites for me. Guess next week L3-4 will be my top.

Although I don't know if I mind. Probably highest layers are reserved for raid-equipped characters?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo... just did it on my Resto Druid alt - 178 ilvl - and while it noticed things taking slightly longer to kill, I mostly breezed through layer 7.

I don't know guys. Too many people complaining that it's now too hard, others saying it's still easy. Both on this forum and the official forums. At the end of the day if you're lucky and pick the right Anima Powers -- and by right I mean ones that directly increase your damage output -- as well as knowing how to play your spec, Torghast isn't impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Sooooo... just did it on my Resto Druid alt - 178 ilvl - and while it noticed things taking slightly longer to kill, I mostly breezed through layer 7.

I don't know guys. Too many people complaining that it's now too hard, others saying it's still easy. Both on this forum and the official forums. At the end of the day if you're lucky and pick the right Anima Powers -- and by right I mean ones that directly increase your damage output -- as well as knowing how to play your spec, Torghast isn't impossible.
    As a whole it isn't impossible, but it can be with bad luck. It is -highly- dependent on your class/spec/powers/boss. That wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to spend an hour going through it just to find out you wasted your time cause the boss is unbeatable for your class or the powers you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    As a whole it isn't impossible, but it can be with bad luck. It is -highly- dependent on your class/spec/powers/boss. That wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to spend an hour going through it just to find out you wasted your time cause the boss is unbeatable for your class or the powers you got.
    I tried Tier 7 today as a 190 Guardian Druid and got fucking wrecked, had to quit on second floor... if this thing is so dependant on which anima powers you get and you have to try again and again and again until you get the ones that kill everything then the design fucking sucks. Thorgast was a fun side thing to do, it's not anymore. Tried as a Helaer too and no luck on Anima... it feels completely random and dependant on RNG.

I kept failing on the last boss on layer 6, with 153 ilvl. I just can't burn him fast enough before his stacking buff finally overwhelms me. And that's recurring issue with all the elites for me. Guess next week L3-4 will be my top.

Although I don't know if I mind. Probably highest layers are reserved for raid-equipped characters?
    I mean, 153 item level is really low. Try gearing up a little.

Luck, Spec, Gear, and Player ability all factor in here, and thats a lot of variables. As such, as you said, some are finding it quite tough, some a breezing through it. Its not "competative" content in my opinion, so thats ok - just like the Mage tower.

I guess an argument could be made that since it drops currency that is quite important, it is different to the MT, and i dont disagree, but i dont think its SO important that balance needs to be precise,.

I'll satisfy myself with layer 2, I hate the elites as they take too long to kill for no gain
    and the final boss already have too damn much HP already
    it'll just take me a bit longer to make a new legendary or update the one I use now but since I don't do "challenging" stuff I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Because if there's one thing we've all wanted Torghast to be then it's bigger HP sponges that just meleehit / random shit spam cast you to death.
    Taking a hour to clear 6 floors clearly wasn't enough for Blizzard that they had to push the time up more. I think even when I ran with a group of 3 total it still took rought 3/4 that time (was a lower layer than the max).

Not sure why they insist on making the Layers 1-8 hard when there's Challenge Mode that serves the purpose for that, in my opinion.

I had big hopes for Torghast as something new to keep me interested, hasn't exactly been promising so far.

And I thought they finally added something where you could test yourself solo, but seems this place is mostly about gear with a little bit of don't stand in fire. Pretty boring with little to no reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Layer 7 was legit hard as 186 Ret Paladin.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I struggled a bit with Layer 6 as Arms on Sunday, and went Prot for a LOL easy time. Went into Layer 7 as Prot and got Wrecked by the initial pack of mobs (one being an elite) and then went back in and almost got killed by the assassin before engaging the mobs again. This is at ilvl 184 Prot. Went back as Arms, different mobs of course, got wrecked some more. The Assassins once again wrecked me while I was eating.

Guess level 7and above is for folks with ilvl 200+ or superior skill. Because I don't see how I can clear it with 2 quick deaths in the initial room

Too much RNG on Anima Powers is the issue here. It literally determinates if you're going to be able to finish the layer or not. They probably should just remove the most useless powers or add some more Ven'ari upgrades to balance it out.

The buffs you get, or don't, play a huge role in the outome. I did see folks in /1 saying to simply run the first floor of whatever difficulty you're on, and if you don't get the buff you're looking for, simply start over.

Unintended I'm sure, but hey.