Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerwydd View Post
    I really hated Surmar, it was one of the worst navigation experiences I've ever had. The Maw is fine by comparison as everything is just a bit slower without a mount, no biggie.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    And because it isn't easy faceroll content...
    What? Yes it is. Getting kicked out because you've spent some time enjoying yourself there is pretty stupid, but it's just as easy as all the other dailies.

I think its alright. You can actually die there, dying is punishing (but not excessively so), but its only reward are sockets which aren't even really a significant portion of player power. All its other rewards are cosmetics, torghast upgrades (just as unnecessary if you dont care for achievs) or the mount to make it faster.

I do think the eye of the jailer mechanic should be capped at 4 stacks, perhaps with some rewards or activities mitigating it, the fifth tier doesnt achieve a worthwhile purpose and isn't fun.

I also wouldnt mind if some alternate gear path, (slower then group play), was added to it and torghast, to give solo players some new fun goals.

But overall? a decent solid addition to the game that doesnt force you into it if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2020-12-16 at 03:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    go unlock one of the 3 mounts that allow you to mount there.

Also 3 dailies and weeklies, daily rares, events etc.

the value in the place is a place to feel dangerous, and a place to earn stygia.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I detest that place. Fuck that. I am not even doing any quests if it is not related to the campaign. Even walking to torgast feels torture.
    The Maw sucks and so does Torghast.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why does flappy bird bother you? There's even an easy setting if you need help doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It takes like literally 30 seconds to complete my dude. Just hit Lighter course and you're fine. Maw is a 30 minute slog.

OT:I said they were going to try to remove ground mounts next during WoD and no one believed me.
    I've been going after the achieve and it's driven me a little crazy. Been so close to the end a couple of times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maw strikes me as easy and I forgot how to use the grappling points. I get what they were going for, but the problem is it's not procedural, it's just stuff patting around in sequence.

It's going to become a trivial thing you don't even care about once you gear up and rep up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not wrong. You just don't like it. At the very least their excuse makes sense - can't really claim the "mount" refuses to come when it's already right there.

If anything, the Paladin charger is the weird one... why can they call it for a few seconds but not for longer periods?
    You ignored the warlock?

Nazjatar was far worse IMO. The pathing was dogshit tier awful , most of the nagas sucked ass with their bullshit no los long range spear tossing , especially when you have to do content with no flying.

As a tank druid (no need for mount,can solo pretty much everything I need) I think it's dull and waste of time outside the weekly quests as daily rep/reward is drip fed.

It was more amusing and fun last week when alliance camped the entrance all day and it felt like a stealth zone where the moment any of them saw you in the zone you get ganked ... But clearly less fun for any one can't stealth or run away.

Overall yes it's shit and I done some exploring and some areas are locked off it seems with debuffs or mobs that hit tank druid like a truck

It's annoying, not hard or challenging.
    There is as much 'challenge' in it as in removing all sources of HP/Mana regen without offering alternatives(except for that rare drop and making mage food untradable) and going "SEE YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR HP AND MANA".

The maw is fine I just hop in and do my dailies and then get out. I don't spend time wandering around looking for more stuff to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tourghast exists.

suramar is, imo, one of the best things blizzard has done over the course of WoW's life./
    ill throw in Arathi Basin, Wintergrasp and multi-specs in addition to it.
    torghast is very well done too imo. wish a sweet transmog set was buried in there somewhere.

Every time I see someone complaining the only thing I read is 'no mount = bad, me not like no mount, hurr'. Some people just seem to be completely unable to think even a single step beyond this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    No mounting aside, The Maw is not that bad..

I much prefer it over Suramar, Timeless Isle and Thunder Island..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I legit quite like the maw. Easy enough to get around by killing the mount mob. Feels thematic and it's ultimately optional for everyone but high-tier mythic raiding guilds.

I haven’t found a reason to do the maw besides the save souls quest once a week, what am I missing?

Im kinda liking the maw tbh. Took a little time getting used to no mount but overall, im happy with the zone. It could be a little bigger, and have more variety between events and rares. The ones we got now doesnt do much in terms of abilities. They for teh most part just a mobwith high hp pretty much.

Having no mount really does make the zone a little more dangerous, especially perditions hold. It honestly doesnt bother me that much anymore.

The eye of the jailer ensures that i don't have to kill every single rare in the zone on a daily basis, wich is nice.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

To me the worst thing is that it doesn't really make sense, we're going there for no reason. We should be saving souls to add to our army, but instead we're collecting stuff for the broker and doing whatever she wants....and ofc Ve'nari is probably gonna end up being a baddie or some other twist like that...

I think you've got to be a very special group of people to design the maw with all its in and outs and fistbump each other thinking this is good content you've crafted.