Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think its gonna lead to even more leavers in m+ if it looks like it might be a failed timer run.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't do M+ and I'm still in 177 pvp blues (184ilvl). If I did BGs all day every day I'd prolly be 184 in all the slots. I've gotten 3 pieces from the raid though so I can't complain, 2 of them have Vers on them.

You will need to at least PVP next to other things to really gear yourself. Only doing one or the other is going to leave you unsatisfied gear wise. Vault will be another piece, then 4 M0 is another, then World Boss and then I might have enough Conquest for 2 more pieces. The key is capping PVP though, so if people avoid PVP I'm not surprised they're complaining about gearing themselves. It's not like you need BiS gear to down the content.

I didn't particularly care for the proposed changes before SL released but now that I've experienced it firsthand I don't mind it as much. Loot feels a little bit more rewarding and even though it sucks to complete a difficult key and have 4/5 people in the group get nothing that's an even bigger incentive to time keys (which is a good thing imo). The Great Vault is also a pretty awesome addition and adds a lot of flexibility to the gear process. I don't think people realize it now but after 8-12 weeks most of us are going to be far better geared (on average) than we were at any point in BfA.

Overall a net positive and I'm excited to hear about the return of things like set bonuses in future content patches. I hope they add some sets to M+'s loot table, too.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The old system was a lot of loot endorphins week one and then mostly sharding non titanforged items and having a weekly chest of disappointment experience.

Now week one is a bit of a slow burn, but looting a purple is more fun most of the time and I know that my first 10 runs are actually helping me with the loot that counts.

So for me it's 10/10 please never go back.
    10/10 agree!! This is how it felt in TBC, love it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the weekly chest would be give a guaranteed upgrade if there's at least 3 to choose from. I was so pissed in BFA when I got pants from every chest. And now the first vault I open, there's 3 necklaces! And only thing I don't need is a necklace because it's pretty much BIS already. And the other better choices are too low level.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

i simply cannot wait for outcry of playerbase once they realise that in xackly 5 weeks when they will complete campaign chapter 9 on renown farm they will be able to just buy and upgrade 10+ slots to 200 itlv with WQ anima

while they will spend literaly hundreds of hours during those 5 weeks farming mythic +/overtuned normal to achieve exackly the same resoult

i will be laughing sooo hard irl

im genuinly surprised nobody is talking about this - since vendors and upgraders are in your covenants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I thought the weekly chest would be give a guaranteed upgrade if there's at least 3 to choose from. I was so pissed in BFA when I got pants from every chest. And now the first vault I open, there's 3 necklaces! And only thing I don't need is a necklace because it's pretty much BIS already. And the other better choices are too low level.
    here have a cookie :0

people were seriously expecting anything different ?

you were told here on mmochampion like 9 months ago that it will be exackly what will happen .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's really, really boring and the game feels so unrewarding.
    Just more RNG and less choice.

Shadowlands, so far is the worst expereince I've ever had in WoW.
    i had more fun in WoD wont lie

because at least Garrisions were fun to establish/build
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-16 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    It goed both ways, let’s say you raid on a 6 hour schedule a week clearing you will most likely get at least two loots and each week an increasing chance to get more through guildies who trade you.

Now go pug 6 high level keys and the chances are very real you will end up with 0 loot or 1 at most and no guarantee it will improve next reset through trades
    WRONG.

You are purposely being dishonest. M+ gives you more chance for loot then a boss in a raid. The chance for loot in a raid is 15% per boss. The chance for the spamable mythic+ is 20% per m+. This means if you do 10 raid bosses and 10 m+ you have a 19% chance of getting nothing doing raids while only a 11% chance of nothing doing m+. Guess what, you can still do more m+ after.

Please use facts. Being outed as a liar is not a good look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I love it. But, then again, I'm not 12, so I can appreciate savoring the longer game and satisfaction of slowly getting my BIS over the course of the patch, rather than mongo-spamming something for 3 days and then being full heroic-level geared.

Remove all loot from Mythic+ - return it to MoP Challenge Mode style... Realm best titles, cosmetic appearances, epic armor sets that are just cosmetic.

It's stilly having people without jobs spamming dungeons all day to get better gear than raids, or even gear similar to the ilevel that drops from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Remove all loot from Mythic+ - return it to MoP Challenge Mode style... Realm best titles, cosmetic appearances, epic armor sets that are just cosmetic.

It's stilly having people without jobs spamming dungeons all day to get better gear than raids, or even gear similar to the ilevel that drops from raids.
    It's no more silly than 9-5 gainfully employed Fred in the pointless dead end whining that raiding should be the sole source of good gear.

I mean not that i disagree that mythic+ is silly, raiding's just no better with the strain on a schedule getting 20 arses to cooperate in a guild full of even more arses.

And honestly neither really tests skill beyond "learn the drill", there's no genuine interaction, just the player on his rotation treadmill doing as the boss demands.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This is the most fun I've had in wow in years. And I've gotten kind of fucked on loot compared to the rest of my guild.

Still feels way better than forging and AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It's no more silly than 9-5 gainfully employed Fred in the pointless dead end whining that raiding should be the sole source of good gear.

I mean not that i disagree that mythic+ is silly, raiding's just no better with the strain on a schedule getting 20 arses to cooperate in a guild full of even more arses.

And honestly neither really tests skill beyond "learn the drill", there's no genuine interaction, just the player on his rotation treadmill doing as the boss demands.
    You have a very pessimistic outlook on life. I'm assuming that you are one of those you describe as "working 9-5 dead end job". Many people do not work such a job - if you train yourself, gain skills and provide value to someone/something, you can gain financial freedom without having to work a terrible job you hate.

Also, if you've only been in guilds where there's "no interaction beside having your fingers on a rotation treadmill" - then you've not been in any genuinely kind guilds, where there's a balance of progression together with social interaction.

I'm in three guilds in total, two of which I play with friends I made 5-10 years ago or more. We raid and enjoy, while having a laugh.

If you've not got any friends, there are many groups willing to help you, such as The Salvation Army. Reach out to them and get the help you need, you'll be much happier.

Vault changes are great as you'll probably never have a bad week there, at least not for a while if you're pushing harder content. I don't typically run 10 m+ a week, but running 4 is reasonable and getting the honor to get 2-3 pvp vaults is reasonable also. So having 4-5 choices each week is pretty nice.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I love it. I have very little time to play and am still mainly blue with one epic weapon I bought and my leggo. Any epox is gonna feel rather rewarding not to mention a high lvl one. Fcku titanforging tbh. It was fine with the warforge like upgrade system of Pandaria where you had to work for it. But that random bullshit...nah.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i simply cannot wait for outcry of playerbase once they realise that in xackly 5 weeks when they will complete campaign chapter 9 on renown farm they will be able to just buy and upgrade 10+ slots to 200 itlv with WQ anima

while they will spend literaly hundreds of hours during those 5 weeks farming mythic +/overtuned normal to achieve exackly the same resoult

i will be laughing sooo hard irl

im genuinly surprised nobody is talking about this - since vendors and upgraders are in your covenants

- - - Updated - - -

here have a cookie :0

people were seriously expecting anything different ?

you were told here on mmochampion like 9 months ago that it will be exackly what will happen .

- - - Updated - - -

i had more fun in WoD wont lie

because at least Garrisions were fun to establish/build
    Yeah, so did I.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think it's fine. This week you get 207 loot from 10-14, and 210 loot from 15s. (It's really weird that like 10 and 11 don't give 203s, but whatever).

Someone said it earlier, but M+ was only really fun for the first couple weeks when you got mad upgrades and then sat there complaining that your cache loot was garbage with one option. This elongates the process by several weeks, but at least if you do enough content, the possibility of getting ass fucked with terrible options from your cache is greatly diminished. I'm not sure how much stygia you get if you choose that option, but stygia still results in spending less time in the Maw virtue of socket upgrades and an upgrade to your lowest conduit.

M+ rewarding 2 pieces of loot is honestly fine. Raids give 30 pieces of loot total right now if you kill all 10, so it had to be diminished some. Less RNG on loot and M+ offering 3 less iLvLs than heroic means that heroic isn't obsolete, and a source of spammable content isn't the only content you have to do. There's still a heavy emphasis on doing M+, it's just that eventually you have to graduate to raiding to get beyond 210, or slowly wait to fill out slots with BoE raid epics or from the cache every single week.

There is a single thing that sort of irks me about M+ and that's that the there currently isn't much of a reason to go beyond 15. Right now beyond 15 gives a 20% chance per key level to get an additional source of loot, but chances are, if you're at the level where you're banging out loot and crushing 15s, you probably don't need more 210 loot. I'm actually not even advocating that M+ gets higher iLvL at higher key levels either, but I am advocating that there should be a reward tier higher than 15s.

Raiding right now rewards players who clear mythic a few 233 slots for doing the hardest content in the game. I don't think anybody knew this, but currently, getting 2400 allows you the opportunity to get 233 weapons (I don't know if this extends to other slots or not, I hope not). Personally, I have no issue with players who can get 2400 having the option to get 233 weapons (or even trinkets), but this early in the season when people can't even clear the raid seems a little busted. Regardless, what I'm more or less advocating is that M+ should probably reward something similar if you've say cleared all 8 dungeons on 20 in a season, and have a 20 key timed for the week. Limit it only to weapons (maybe trinkets too IDK), and make it only be potential loot from your cache.

If you set a new M+ threshold to something reasonable (and by reasonable, I just mean that every class can achieve it), but still not something everybody can do early in the season you achieve a reward for all three main sources of competitive content in the game. If it's cache loot it can't be spammable, and it would only be chance to replace one of your 226 options from your chest.

At the end of the day the vault is the perfect place to reward people for doing hard shit. I'm perfectly fine with the spammable aspect of M+ being toned down so that it doesn't make heroic obsolete.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having such bad luck with m+ loot, it would be funny to know the actual % chance. First from the vault I got 3 necklace choices, and neck was the only thing that was at same ilvl already.

Then now from the weekly m+ quest I got a trinket that is only good if there's other people in the group with the same trinket, and I haven't seen anyone use it. It's also simming worse than my darkmoon trinket. On top of that, I just purchased a 200 conquest trinket earlier that also sims better than the 213 trinket. Pretty much any other trinket would have been better, or any other type of item. Even a necklace possibly haha.

I have also been doing De Other Side almost non-stop every day, but never seen a trinket drop from there for anyone, so I'm starting to believe there are no trinket drops there lol. But at least I got a weapon to drop a few times.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    They also reduced loot drops in raiding too? Wow, and here I was thinking to maybe try raiding again to satisfy my loot hunt. That's a bummer, maybe I should skip SL after all, I like pretty much EVERYTHING in SL, covenants, torghast and legendary crafting/collecting. But the loot reduction makes it sooo unrewarding to play.
    Blizzard knew this would happen. All these entitled WoW players got showered in gear in Legion and BFA, so now they are crying because they cannot get all their items in week 2. The game has only been out for a very short while. Progression is just a little slower and people needs to be parient. Although I do wish they would make a vendor and a currency system. Just to give “unlucky” players something for their “efforts”.

Couldnt be happier about the changes. And considering we get 3 options every week means at some point we don’t have to run m+ soon. More time for alts, cus right now Ive got no time for alts (job, wife, kids, football). And most of all, raids should always have the highest and most desireable loot. And I‘m especially greatful that the loot in m+ is even lower than hc raid. M+ is ok with friends but gets boring and too toxic in random groups.

If you ask me there should be a limit of how many items you can get past a certain key level. Like max of 3 per week for keystones higher than 10.