Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Not gonna lie, I forgot the Maw existed. I went there once and was like "Nah, i'll skip this and wait for the socket catch up mechanic that is bound to come out"
    The maw also has multiple very useful torghast upgrades
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Let's create some content that sucks so bad that very few one to do it, and then claim it's intended. "You shouldn't spend much time there because it's hell". In a game that bases it's success on time played, they created content that is intentionally made to spend less time there. Jesus christ you can't make this up

- - - Updated - - -

Beahahahahaha. Are you serious? The main theme of the people who are super pro SL is the " Don't like it don't play it, Blizzard knows what they are doing.". Clearly they don't when the games metric fir success is MAU and half the content is able to be missed because it's not fun
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2020-12-16 at 11:47 AM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's not even really any reason to do the Maw unless you want to unlock Torghast power ups, and Torghast is just for crafting and upgrading Legendaries, and you can craft your BIS first.

If you don't like it, don't do it.
    Doesn't Ve'nari sell sockets for gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Let's create some content that sucks so bad that very few one to do it, and then claim it's intended. "You shouldn't spend much time there because it's hell". In a game that bases it's success on time played, they created content that is intentionally made to spend less time there. Jesus christ you can't make this up

- - - Updated - - -

Beahahahahaha. Are you serious? The main theme of the people who are super pro SL is the " Don't like it don't play it, Blizzard knows what they are doing.". Clearly they don't when the games metric fir success is MAU and half the content is able to be missed because it's not fun
    Did you consider maybe the meme about MAUs being king above all might be a tad exaggerated?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    OP is ironically unable to spot that the Maw is meant to be a wasteland. Not a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    I've been going after the achieve and it's driven me a little crazy. Been so close to the end a couple of times.
    man, I feel you, yesterday it drove me crazy for an hour with that idiotic hit box, still didn't do it

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You ignored the warlock?
    While questionable, it's not necessarily as odd. At least their mounts behave consistently. The summoned demons are generally used to fighting as well, unlike the steeds.

The Maw is fine, as long as it is heavily populated by players. I can imagine how on smaller realms it feels completely empty. On full realms though, it's quite nice. The only issue I have with it is their continuous imposure of immersion. But then again I've been against the removal of flight forever. In next expansion we'll probably get an area where you cannot run, just walk.

I get why we dont have a mount from a story point of view
    But why dont we have a speed buff? Shouldn't we be scared and run fast since we are in "hell"?!

It's my personal least favorite bit of SL so far but I don't consider it trash by any means. I do feel its gotten more entertaining as I opened more of it up. But yeah end of the day it's the just do this so you can get sockets thing right? At least that's how I feel.

I'm tossing up between it and the Timeless Isle.

At least the Maw's collectables are few and easier to get, so far. I'm three drops from being done with it, so that's good. But in terms of playing, it sucks, and a huge part of that is due to the broken grouping.

I kinda like the Maw. It has a Dark Souls feeling to it and I really like Dark Souls. Of course this is with warmode off, its not viable if you are with it active unless you are a rogue. You will only frustrate yourself if you are a caster.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Play a druid and just laugh at the non furry players as you trot by.

At least there is a graveyard near Perdition Hold now. Having to run through the entire Maw after dying there was the worst thing about the Maw for me.
    Still, I'd argue yes @ thread title.

It's one of those things that seems to be designed on purpose to make you waste 90% of your time there, then 10% doing things.

I think i have died more times there than in the rest of the not instanced game in the last 3/4 years just because people fleeing from elites that do AOE and enter combat with you, or people appearing from behind me and running through my voidwalker and him getting the aggro.

Seeing 4/5 elites in perdition hold coming at you at mach 5 from the entrance targetting you for no reason is no fun.

i hate the maw i hope they will not recycle the zone for the next patches.

I like the Maw. Will probably be tired of it later on but for now it's quite fun. Just wish they didn't have the "lose stygia on death" mechanic because I would like to have warmode on but I really don't want to lose stygia when squads of 5+ enemies murders me and camp my corpse^^
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Well they really nailed the RP side of things making you feel like you are in Hell when you are there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The ride-able dogs seem plentiful. No, not the worst thing Blizz has ever done.
    *picks up selfie cam*

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Maw is fine.
    The problem is that WoW's open world areas have been so non-threatening and so easy on people for so long that they introduce a piece of content that has a slight bit of difficulty and everyone loses their minds.

"But I can't mount!?!?" Well, ok. Kill an outrider, take his. Buy the speed boost consumable. Get the teleport upgrades.
    "But there's NOTHING to do!" There are dailies, killing rares, getting stygia for some upgrades, and it's capped passively with Eye of the Jailer so it's not a "required daily grind", which is a good thing, right??
    "But it's hard for the sake of being hard!" Good! Every other zone in WoW is without a single threat, you just lollygag through on a mount without a care. There should be something outside of instanced content where you need to use the slightest bit of your brain to not die.
    "But if I die, I LOSE CURRENCY?!?!?!" Yeah, it's called "stakes". There's a gamble involved, so don't just lol AOE pull if you can't handle it, and if you die, go get your corpse and recover your currency.

The Maw is WoW's version of Hell.
    What are you expecting? Fields of flowers and showers of epic gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    Is the problem that you can't clear it?

That the loot isn't as attainable because its story driven?

That you can't faceroll every encounter while eating cheetos?

It is one of the better story driven content areas ever made for this game. If you take issue with change, you should probably unsub and try something easier like fortnite or amoung us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The Maw is fine.
    The problem is that WoW's open world areas have been so non-threatening and so easy on people for so long that they introduce a piece of content that has a slight bit of difficulty and everyone loses their minds.

"But I can't mount!?!?" Well, ok. Kill an outrider, take his. Buy the speed boost consumable. Get the teleport upgrades.
    "But there's NOTHING to do!" There are dailies, killing rares, getting stygia for some upgrades, and it's capped passively with Eye of the Jailer so it's not a "required daily grind", which is a good thing, right??
    "But it's hard for the sake of being hard!" Good! Every other zone in WoW is without a single threat, you just lollygag through on a mount without a care. There should be something outside of instanced content where you need to use the slightest bit of your brain to not die.
    "But if I die, I LOSE CURRENCY?!?!?!" Yeah, it's called "stakes". There's a gamble involved, so don't just lol AOE pull if you can't handle it, and if you die, go get your corpse and recover your currency.

The Maw is WoW's version of Hell.
    What are you expecting? Fields of flowers and showers of epic gear?
    ^^^^^^^^THISSSSSSS

NAILED IT!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I enjoy it. Though I think I'd prefer the threat level to raise a bit more slowly. And eventually, we will be able to get a mount for it.

But right now? It's barely the 2nd patch and the Maw is meant to be the biggest danger ever. So limited time, no mount and incredibly hard to navigate? That's okay.
    I agree whole-heartedly with this sentiment.

People are acting like we are all super-powers and perhaps Blizz has built us to be that, but it is still within the first month of the new expansion.

C.H.I.L.L.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water