Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by octapusx View Post
    To those saying "the primus went missing recently" you have not been paying attention to the storyline at all. The venari mentions quite a few times that Thorghast is a twisted place where time flows differently. When you rescue Jaina, she is completely lost in thought. It is very much possible the runecarver has been in Thorghast for a very long time, even though he went missing as the primus recently.
    yeaaa NO. thats not how time works even if it flows slower or faster in certain areas since it flows in the same direction. The runecarver couldn't have traveled back in time just because he was put in maw and locked in the tower.

1) Lady vajsh and Draka mentions meeting primus
    2) The runecarver made frostmourne and the helm of domination

= the Runecarver can't be the primus. I see the same clues that you see that makes it look very obvious that the primus is the runecarver but if he does end up being that, blizz just shows how bad they are at writing a story that they can put a plot hole in brand new linear content.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wasn't Primus missing for a relatively short time, and Runecarver imprisoned for much longer?
    I think the operative word there is "relatively". We're talking about eternal beings here. "Relatively" may mean "War of the Ancients" timeline, for all we know.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    It's seems do obvious I think there's a twist coming.
    This is the part were alot of people will feel the dissapointment coming.

See, alot of people have differnt theories or some deep story coming.. there wont be a twist. The most obvious is always chosen by blizz.

See sylvanas and the tree for example.

Runecarver is the primus.

Everyone asks "Who is the Runecarver?"

Nobody asks "How is the Runecarver?"

:'(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    yeaaa NO. thats not how time works even if it flows slower or faster in certain areas since it flows in the same direction. The runecarver couldn't have traveled back in time just because he was put in maw and locked in the tower.

1) Lady vajsh and Draka mentions meeting primus
    2) The runecarver made frostmourne and the helm of domination

= the Runecarver can't be the primus. I see the same clues that you see that makes it look very obvious that the primus is the runecarver but if he does end up being that, blizz just shows how bad they are at writing a story that they can put a plot hole in brand new linear content.
    Current theories for time in reality do actually show it can run backwards. It was raised as a possible method for information only based time travel. There are articles on this. Besides if time is subjective think of it this way.

A bubble where time is running slowly or backwards. You step in and then out. When is it? It's entirely subjective. A millennia could have passed or it could be last week.

I thought that Primus became a statue in the Seat of Primus.
    When I got his bracers, those wrapped around the statue.
    So by collecting all parts of his armor, his stone form will shatter.
    Also stone form because Denathrius could use some gorgon shit.

Also, Primus could have turned himself to stone, so the Jailer couldn't use him and thus Runecarver was taken.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it’s just time in the Maw and Oribuos that is the most twisted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    I thought that Primus became a statue in the Seat of Primus.
    When I got his bracers, those wrapped around the statue.
    So by collecting all parts of his armor, his stone form will shatter.
    Also stone form because Denathrius could use some gorgon shit.

Also, Primus could have turned himself to stone, so the Jailer couldn't use him and thus Runecarver was taken.
    I like that theory, that would be great imo.

Well who ever the Runecarver is; he is someone that was taught magic and crafting by the First Ones.

The runecarver is a morphed memory stripped primus , if the eternal ones have the power to create "life" they surely can shapeshift things.
    Besides in case of intrusion no one could say , yo I've seen the primus in thorgast , and even himself couldn't say "yep, that's me".

Blizzard is not capable of plot twist , but they do a lot of foreshadowing.
    If you think fingers can be used to confute this theory I'll have you explain me who the real Jailer is , certainly the dude in the shadowlands reveal trailer looks nothing like zovaal

Quote Originally Posted by octapusx View Post
    To those saying "the primus went missing recently" you have not been paying attention to the storyline at all. The venari mentions quite a few times that Thorghast is a twisted place where time flows differently. When you rescue Jaina, she is completely lost in thought. It is very much possible the runecarver has been in Thorghast for a very long time, even though he went missing as the primus recently.
    Not how it works. In the Maw time is relative to the person there. Jaina was there for maybe a week, but it felt like 1000 years to her. Or someone could be there for 1000 years and it feel like 5 minutes to them. Remember when starting the Maw questlines, when you first meet Jain she said she has escaped her prison countless times, but it was only like 10 minutes since everyone landed there. In her mind, she had already been there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The runecarver is a morphed memory stripped primus , if the eternal ones have the power to create "life" they surely can shapeshift things.
    Besides in case of intrusion no one could say , yo I've seen the primus in thorgast , and even himself couldn't say "yep, that's me".

Blizzard is not capable of plot twist , but they do a lot of foreshadowing.
    If you think fingers can be used to confute this theory I'll have you explain me who the real Jailer is , certainly the dude in the shadowlands reveal trailer looks nothing like zovaal
    Ion already said that the Jailer in the trailer was his design before they finalized it. What we have now is the Jailers final model that they came up with.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not how it works. In the Maw time is relative to the person there. Jaina was there for maybe a week, but it felt like 1000 years to her. Or someone could be there for 1000 years and it feel like 5 minutes to them. Remember when starting the Maw questlines, when you first meet Jain she said she has escaped her prison countless times, but it was only like 10 minutes since everyone landed there. In her mind, she had already been there for years.

Ion already said that the Jailer in the trailer was his design before they finalized it. What we have now is the Jailers final model that they came up with.
    Yeah bro I know it , that was a subtle jab . With the point being things can change in development and if they changed the main baddie of the expansion there is no way to tell if they did wouldn't do that for a side character , besides these little details keep the mystery going even though the clues are already laid down .
    Remember frostmourne was a untextured cube only a week ago , after release .
    They aren't masterminds when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Best thing that comes to mind was Illgynoth whisper about the "circle of stars" which started big theorycrafting in the wow community. What did the mysterious circle of stars end up being?
    A room literally called circle of stars .

The Runecarver is the Jailors soul.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Current theories for time in reality do actually show it can run backwards. It was raised as a possible method for information only based time travel. There are articles on this. Besides if time is subjective think of it this way.

A bubble where time is running slowly or backwards. You step in and then out. When is it? It's entirely subjective. A millennia could have passed or it could be last week.
    1) there isn't a single theory that even remotely suggested that time might be running backwards in the maw, only that it "runs" differently, as in slow/faster etc.

2) after the mess of WOD, blizz won't touch time travel with a 10 feet pole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    1) there isn't a single theory that even remotely suggested that time might be running backwards in the maw, only that it "runs" differently, as in slow/faster etc.

2) after the mess of WOD, blizz won't touch time travel with a 10 feet pole.
    Well technically there's no theory's at all for it. Just assumptions. It's still a fantasy story and time can run up it's own arse if Blizzard chooses it to for the story direction.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Remember frostmourne was a untextured cube only a week ago , after release
    Thats a bug. Has something to do with the way you turn in the memories at the moment the cinematic triggered. One of my characters got it, but the other one didnt.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Runecarver is the Jailors soul.
    I like this theory.

I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the fingers but not the fact that this doesn't line up at all in terms of time. Runecarver = Primus is an easy and oblivious conclusion to get to make but it's also really faulty and it has a huge hole (and a smaller finger sized one). I doubt Blizzard cares though and they'll just claim time went backwards for the Primus in the Maw or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the fingers but not the fact that this doesn't line up at all in terms of time. Runecarver = Primus is an easy and oblivious conclusion to get to make but it's also really faulty and it has a huge hole (and a smaller finger sized one). I doubt Blizzard cares though and they'll just claim time went backwards for the Primus in the Maw or some shit.
    The fingers has actually been mostly disproven by now. The concept art for the Runecarver has the same number of fingers as the Primus, strengthening the justification that it was a simple developmental oversight.

As for the time aspect we have been told several times that time does not function the same In the Shadowlands, even more so in the Maw where we both have had Jaina talk about her recent abduction like it has been months and months, but even the Runecarver specifically says that though he might feel he has been locked away for a while that his perception doesn't mean much when time barely exists there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I wonder if in extracting the memories in how to make things from the Runecarver the Jailer either A) extracted them incorrectly B)made them incorrectly. Like anything just because you have the plans doesn't mean you can make it too spec. I think there is a quest in Maldraxxus that talks about that a little bit, when the other woman makes the sword. She mentions how skilled he was at making things.

What if while making Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination the Jailer messed it up and that Primus could have made them differently and correctly causing them to be much less evil in their design? Or different in some crucial way?

Might be neat if that plot happens 1) We free the runecarver/restore his memory as the primus 2) He crafts the true frostmourne/helm of domination (after we gather him approximately 100k of soul ash per piece of course) 3) We find someone appropriate to give the armor too. (Arthas/Anduin) Said person becomes the Illidan of this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohez View Post
    I wonder if in extracting the memories in how to make things from the Runecarver the Jailer either A) extracted them incorrectly B)made them incorrectly. Like anything just because you have the plans doesn't mean you can make it too spec. I think there is a quest in Maldraxxus that talks about that a little bit, when the other woman makes the sword. She mentions how skilled he was at making things.

What if while making Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination the Jailer messed it up and that Primus could have made them differently and correctly causing them to be much less evil in their design? Or different in some crucial way?

Might be neat if that plot happens 1) We free the runecarver/restore his memory as the primus 2) He crafts the true frostmourne/helm of domination (after we gather him approximately 100k of soul ash per piece of course) 3) We find someone appropriate to give the armor too. (Arthas/Anduin) Said person becomes the Illidan of this expac.
    I think it more likely then that the Helm and Sword were properly made, but that the Runecarver/Primus will make a better version withouth the evil stuff.

Remember, the Helm and Sword is not necessarily evil, but rather links the soul to the Jailer, allowing him to control the wearer as well as channel his power.
    A new version would likely have to channel the power of the Arbiter or even the power of the rest of teh Shadowlands as a whole, though it could be intriguing if it could still channel the Maw without the influence of the Jailer.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A new version would likely have to channel the power of the Arbiter or even the power of the rest of teh Shadowlands as a whole, though it could be intriguing if it could still channel the Maw without the influence of the Jailer.
    Pretty obvious we're going to get "there must always be a Jailer" from someone, likely with the Helm of Dominion either being restored or merged into some of the Jailer and/or Arbiter's related objects.

Jury's out on if it's going to be Bolvar, Sylvanas, Completely Not the Primus, an awakened Arbiter or a freshly-imprisoned Jailer putting it on.

Edit: Or if the Arbiter dies, we'll get "there must always be an Arbiter."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton