Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just when I thought shadowlands was getting good, blizzard go and shit on it

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It just boggles my mind, it's like they see people having fun and immediately prioritize putting a stop to it. The Maw was already bad enough without ruining Torghast.
    It was probably because the maw sucks they ruined it it's part of the maw it must suck to do too. If you been paying attention to changes through beta and in the live hotfixes whoever is running the show on these choices has this mind set. At one point in beta they tried to make it so you couldn't use coven abilities or soulbinds outside of shadowlands because just because lore wise it wouldn't make sense. That same kind of logic is used on why the flight path's are awful and take forever.

Think about the fact that someone with that kind of mind set is controlling changes and it will easily become clear why what's happening is happening.
    Last edited by fear; 2020-12-16 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    The x% movespeed near a wall is a free endboss kill as ranged player. Without it, I could have never beaten the Layer 7 endboss.
    Buuut that's just a "reading, thinking it's bad, moving on" case, I guess.
    Not really, It's boring, uninspired, and useless in 99% of situations. Great you got to cheese a boss with it, but there was a high chance you could have fought a boss you couldn't cheese with it. And since you don't know which boss you fight ahead of time it's not like you picked it on purpose for that reason. You just got lucky that an otherwise useless power happened to work out for you, which if anything just proves how poorly designed the system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not really, It's boring, uninspired, and useless in 99% of situations. Great you got to cheese a boss with it, but there was a high chance you could have fought a boss you couldn't cheese with it. And since you don't know which boss you fight ahead of time it's not like you picked it on purpose for that reason. You just got lucky that an otherwise useless power happened to work out for you, which if anything just proves how poorly designed the system is.
    It IS boring, I agree, but it's freaking strong if you are playing ranged (and don't fight a caster, ofc).

Bolded: you DO know it, as soon as you reach the first vendor. There is a hologram which shows the endboss. Which means that you can plan around it (that's what I did - without this single trait I couldn't kill him - maybe with completely perfect ST-dps traits as boomkin (= harder to clear trash + assassins), but not as healer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin. Hadn't died at all in here on previous weeks.
    Yeah, I feel like they've gone a little over the top with Tank and Healer tuning. Before it was too easy, now it is a painful crawl.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they've gone a little over the top with Tank and Healer tuning. Before it was too easy, now it is a painful crawl.
    It's still easy, atleast as healer. Had no problems in my L7 run. <40 minutes with 180 ilvl as resto drood.

... 90 minutes and you are at the 2nd floor endboss? You are completely undergeared if you take THIS long. As 180 healer it didn't even take 40 minutes to FULLY clear Layer 7.
    Am I under geared for the layer I was on? Maybe. But since I did the same layer in another wing in under 30 minutes with no problems (with WORSE gear, as I added on a legendary after that wing), I don't think you can chalk it up to that. I can be slow, yes. But as DPS, I get the full health and dmg mobs. And sometimes (often in this case) I have to stop and heal, or even re-summon, my voidwalker, then eat to heal myself. If I get the right powers early, the whole thing is a joke. If I get crap ones, it's a painful slog. And that's the problem. It's not simply a matter of being geared properly. For me - and lots of other people from what I'm hearing - success or failure in a run is largely (wholly?) dependent upon the powers you get.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    Am I under geared for the layer I was on? Maybe. But since I did the same layer in another wing in under 30 minutes with no problems (with WORSE gear, as I added on a legendary after that wing), I don't think you can chalk it up to that. I can be slow, yes. But as DPS, I get the full health and dmg mobs. And sometimes (often in this case) I have to stop and heal, or even re-summon, my voidwalker, then eat to heal myself. If I get the right powers early, the whole thing is a joke. If I get crap ones, it's a painful slog. And that's the problem. It's not simply a matter of being geared properly. For me - and lots of other people from what I'm hearing - success or failure in a run is largely (wholly?) dependent upon the powers you get.
    Powers are that important BECAUSE the worn ilvl is to low. If the gear is higher, you require less of the good/perfect powers.
    It's simply a matter of "I want to do content that is not for my ilvl, but I let powers carry me. If I don't get those, the game is simply overtuned!"

I've found Torghast pretty frustrating, but mostly it's just boring. It all looks the same, fighting the same trash over and over for hours and it feels like I'm doing it for nothing. There is no loot, no rewards other than soul ash, nothing. I could overlook it though if the rest of the content was fun to me but it isn't. The maw is even worse, it's just awful. The world quests take forever and feel completely unrewarding, most of them just giving you a bit of anima. This really is the first expansion they've released that I haven't enjoyed at all. It doesn't even feel like WoW to me, it's like a completely different game and the story just seems ridiculous. My favorite quest so far has been the one that sent you back to Lakeshire, it felt like I was home again and I wanted to just stay there. Maybe it will improve with later patches but for right now I'm going to play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you can say whatever you like about WFs - but people were actively runing them through whole BfA .

thorgast ? willl be completly empty as soon as people hit that magical 5400 ash on bis legendary - so 2-3 weeks and - puff all people are gone fron there exept for fresh alts.

- - - Updated - - -

so do L5 this week . regardless of how they buffed it if you cleared L6 you wont have problems to clear L5 .
    Yeah but killing a weak mob in 10 seconds vs 15 sec doesn't make the game more fun, just more boring, at least imo. Just because you can do it in a longer amount of time it's not really something you should be proud of, lol

Been having a blast on Torghast, and i enjoy the challenge and harder difficulty.

My only issue is the huge amount of layers\wings one has to do each week. I rather we only had one wing available, or if it would go up by just one layer a week.

That said, a few more weeks and we'll mostly be done with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I kept failing on the last boss on layer 6, with 153 ilvl. I just can't burn him fast enough before his stacking buff finally overwhelms me. And that's recurring issue with all the elites for me. Guess next week L3-4 will be my top.

Although I don't know if I mind. Probably highest layers are reserved for raid-equipped characters?
    Yes i did layer 8 on my shaman today and died twice in l7 at floor2 endboss. But rest was well doable. I am ilvl 200 though.

My 157 rogue couldnt manage layer 4 though. I bet this is a pure gearing issue and skill issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Been having a blast on Torghast, and i enjoy the challenge and harder difficulty.

My only issue is the huge amount of layers\wings one has to do each week. I rather we only had one wing available, or if it would go up by just one layer a week.

That said, a few more weeks and we'll mostly be done with it anyway.
    What huge amount to do? You can always do the highest available layer instantly, which means if you clear just one layer 7 this ID, all following weeky have all 8 layers unlocked => you can instantly go into the highest layer you are able to finish and get all Soul Ash from every layer before that.

I'm not sure why they felt the need to make content that doesn't offer tangible rewards more difficult. Or even cosmetic rewards.>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin. Hadn't died at all in here on previous weeks.
    Mages being notorious as one of the worst classes in Torhast(and we literally just had our only viable build nerfed) i had to really, really struggle doing layer 8 today.
    After that my druid friend showed me how he specced healer, took some thorns powers and proceeded to just root elites plus starfire them to death. While he just stood there laughing.

Literally 0 effort needed.

That kinda pisses me off

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Sooooo... just did it on my Resto Druid alt - 178 ilvl - and while it noticed things taking slightly longer to kill, I mostly breezed through layer 7.

I don't know guys. Too many people complaining that it's now too hard, others saying it's still easy. Both on this forum and the official forums. At the end of the day if you're lucky and pick the right Anima Powers -- and by right I mean ones that directly increase your damage output -- as well as knowing how to play your spec, Torghast isn't impossible.
    Two sides without a clear consensus usually indicates ideal balanced.

This is very similar to how people complained both about how much they had to do to keep up and how little they had to do to keep up. It just indicates proper balance.

A perfectly balanced instance will be hard for half the people and easy for the other half. Perfectly balanced end game content will see all sides complaining about advantages of the other end game activities that they don't enjoy participating in.

You'll never get anyone to acknowledge it, probably even Blizzard, but they are getting better at balancing.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-16 at 07:04 PM.

What huge amount to do? You can always do the highest available layer instantly, which means if you clear just one layer 7 this ID, all following weeky have all 8 layers unlocked => you can instantly go into the highest layer you are able to finish and get all Soul Ash from every layer before that.
    We've been having to do 4 runs per week (4-5-6-6 this week, 1-2-3-3 on the initial one), and some of us have alts they like to keep ready. Those 4 runs can amount to anything between 2-4 hours. It's just too much, too often. A lower dose per week would keep me more excited to run it

At 8s i agree that it should be ok, but its been a very high amount.

We've been having to do 4 runs per week (4-5-6-6 this week, 1-2-3-3 on the initial one), and some of us have alts they like to keep ready. Those 4 runs can amount to anything between 2-4 hours. It's just too much, too often. A lower dose per week would keep me more excited to run it

you dont have to do anything.

If you are a progression raider torghast is literally peanuts. Not onlt do you only need 2 runs a week from this week forward, you only need it as long as you need soul ash

Well well, we are fresh into the addon. Most people are doing layers that they do not have the gear for, ofc it takes time. And as you only have to do one layer up to 7 once to unlock L8 for all other, it's completely fine for me.
    If one thinks he HAS TO do all layers instantly.. I guess it's their problem, then? I did all of them instantly - a L7 today, too, but I like this gamestyle and know how to execute stuff in a way that it works for me. Still, 2 hours before I decided to call it a day and only do L7 and L8 when I have better gear - right now, with ilvl 180, it can sometimes be very stressful to do those 2 layers. 85 (/170) soul ash just aren't worth the stress going higher layers without having the required gear first.

I just cleared layer 8 as a Holy Priest. It took forever and was boring as hell, but it actually didn't feel much harder than layer 6 felt last week.