Two questions for the Destro pros

Hi,

1) Is there a travel time to Incinerate? Can I cast Inc and while it is in the air cast a Conflag (with RB talented) so that it benefts from it?

2) I am a Necrolord: Do I still prioritize CB over three buffed Incinerates?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine with the 22% chaos bolt buff coming Tuesday we'll want to prioritize cb over incinerate and only use the buffed incinerates to build soul shards and during havoc windows.
    Last edited by Niratias; 2020-12-13 at 11:48 PM.
    Blood DK

Greetings Friend,

1) I'm about 95% sure that dmg from the roaring blaze buff is calculate from your initial cast and not on hit. (not 100% positive)

2) You have plenty of time to cast the buffed incinerates. Not capping on soul shards is a higher priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponAgainstVanity View Post
    Greetings Friend,

1) I'm about 95% sure that dmg from the roaring blaze buff is calculate from your initial cast and not on hit. (not 100% positive)

2) You have plenty of time to cast the buffed incinerates. Not capping on soul shards is a higher priority.
    Buffs on you are calculated on the cast, debuffs on the target are calculated when they hit.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Buffs on you are calculated on the cast, debuffs on the target are calculated when they hit.
    This is correct. An Incinerate will benefit from a Roaring Blaze that was cast while the Incinerate is traveling, but will not benefit from, say, Dark Soul: Instability that was cast while the Incinerate was traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Did they ever fix that on eradication? Once upon a time it was the opposite which was super lame when casting back to back CBs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Did they ever fix that on eradication? Once upon a time it was the opposite which was super lame when casting back to back CBs.
    If it's a debuff on the target, then it should calculate when the projectile lands, so it is functioning correctly if the 10% bonus damage is not applied if the target loses the debuff while the spell is traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by matornot View Post
    If it's a debuff on the target, then it should calculate when the projectile lands, so it is functioning correctly if the 10% bonus damage is not applied if the target loses the debuff while the spell is traveling.
    It used to snapshot at the time of casting the spell as if it were a buff. Was a big point of contention when the talent was on a different row and used 100% of the time.

I haven't played lock in a while though so I'm not sure if they fixed it as I haven't kept up. But it worked that way for the entirety of legion.

Also you might wanna fix your signature.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It used to snapshot at the time of casting the spell as if it were a buff.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up.