Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Some random user review:
    "we were expecting GTA meets deus ex, and instead we got ToddHowarded""

@_@ Sounds like a typical unhelpful review that I expect in steam reviews.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    @_@ Sounds like a typical unhelpful review that I expect in steam reviews.
    Yeah, should have given it a 10/10 like those very helpful critic reviews pre-release *thumbsup*

10+ Year Old Account
    Some random user review:
    "we were expecting GTA meets deus ex, and instead we got ToddHowarded""

I mean, I was expecting GTA meets Deus Ex, that part is true, but IDK how we got ToddHowarded. If anything we got Far Cry'd. I expected a rags-to-riches story about climbing to the top of Night City and becoming the biggest and baddest Cyborg Soldier, most elite hacker, or skilled gunman. Instead we got a decent emotional story about death and legacies, and Def Leppard's age old line, "It's better to burn out than fade away". Honestly I would have liked to play the timeskip at the beginning more than the actual biochip plotline, as great as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nintendo Switch, TLOU2, FF7R, Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild and many other titles have released outside the holiday window and sold like crazy. Would some sales be missed? Maybe. But time and time again it has been shown you do not need to sell around the holidays to have huge sales.

If people want your product they will by it no matter the time of year it is.
    You may, but will parents and grandparents or aunts and uncles? Gamers buy whenever. Non-gamers buy in the season and don't know the difference between X and Y so they ask the clerk what the big new releases are. Don't discount the power of the holiday season when it comes to sales. Personally I couldn't care less, I don't do holidays, never saw the point in them, but I've worked video game retail during the holidays.

Sure big game X is going to sell well no matter what, but release it in Nov/Dec and it'll sell *more*. And to a CEO or shareholder, that more is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    You may, but will parents and grandparents or aunts and uncles? Gamers buy whenever. Non-gamers buy in the season and don't know the difference between X and Y so they ask the clerk what the big new releases are. Don't discount the power of the holiday season when it comes to sales. Personally I couldn't care less, I don't do holidays, never saw the point in them, but I've worked video game retail during the holidays.

Sure big game X is going to sell well no matter what, but release it in Nov/Dec and it'll sell *more*. And to a CEO or shareholder, that more is all that matters.
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't strike me as "granny's gift to her 7 year old nephew" material but I might be wrong.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-16 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post

As someone who actually worked in many retail stores (Including being a Store Leader at GameStop). Games sell all year round, the time of year actually doesn't matter as much as you think. Is there more sales around the holidays? Yes. But games and hardware can release Q1 and still sell like crazy.

Ask anyone who has worked retail and big game/hardware drops is like Black Friday all year round.

When it comes to a M rated title like Cyberpunk that had a ton of hype behind it. It does not matter one bit when it released, It was going to sell crazy numbers.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-12-16 at 06:22 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't strike me as "granny's gift to her 7 year old nephew" material but I might be wrong.
    No it doesn't but christmas sales are still pretty effective and powerful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it doesn't but christmas sales are still pretty effective and powerful.
    The fact that this flop of a game is actually the best selling pc game of all times seriously rustles my jimmies.

The fact that this flop of a game is actually the best selling pc game of all times seriously rustles my jimmies.
    Eh, it makes sense with the amount of good faith that the company worked up. They've since destroyed a lot of it - and I don't doubt that it'll backfire on them - but up until a few months before launch when they repeatedly evaded showing base console footage there was no glaring signs that anything was amiss. A lot of the features cut were even talked about in interviews and such as if they were going to be there at launch.

In a twisted way, I'm glad it happened. I'm tired of companies being given a free pass because they're good at marketing and pretending to be super relatable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Game crashed twice for me yesterday. Was like fuck it, Witcher 3 was the same at launch. I'll wait for the fixes.

Fastest selling on first day of release+. It will never be the best selling PC game of all time. If won't even sniff minecraft, WoW or CSGO's ballsack in that regard.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-16 at 07:22 PM.

So, how do you feel being scammed by CDPR?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fastest selling on first day of release+. It will never be the best selling PC game of all time.
    You're right I meant to say biggest PC launch.

It won't even sniff minecraft, WoW or CSGO's ballsack in that regard.
    So visual

10+ Year Old Account
    Even overlooking the bugs, i cant believe its been in development for 7 years and this is all they have to show. GTA VI

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yeah what kind of freak would enjoy playing on their console!! INSANE. imagine relaxing on your couch with your wife watching you play on your 70in tv. who could ever enjoy that. lmfao
    Imagine not knowing you can easily connect your pc and a controller to your 70 inch tv and enjoy games with your SO in 4k 60fps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Imagine not knowing you can easily connect your pc and a controller to your 70 inch tv and enjoy games with your SO in 4k 60fps.
    image world where there were no PC elitist telling people how to play games.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Depends on where you live, For me that would mean lugging my PC up 2 flights of stairs along with a keyboard and mouse then taking it all back down when I'm done. It just isn't worth the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do you and I'll do my pc gaming. Just chill, much as I think PC Gaming has an edge(And ever growing). Live and let live.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Even overlooking the bugs, i cant believe its been in development for 7 years and this is all they have to show. GTA VI
    That's pretty unbelievable alright.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    image world where there were no PC elitist telling people how to play games.
    Imagine a world where there were no plebs complaining shit hardware can't run cutting edge games. I don't care how it was marketed. Don't fucking listen to marketing like an idiot and you won't get lied to. Wait for reviews like smart people.