Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All I read from the OPs post is.

Waaah waaah, I am a simp. Waaah waaaah.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-16 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Titans are not done... You crazy? Old gods are not done either. Burning legion will also return. They will beat this horse until particles are whats left, and you should know it.
    Sounds more like what the community is doing. Like comparing random characters to Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds more like what the community is doing. Like comparing random characters to Kerrigan.
    Just because you don't see it and don't like it doesn't mean that it's not true. No clue who they mean when they say it though.

Yeah this isn't gonna change.

If you're sick of it, you're probably better off investing yourself in better stories. I barely pay attention to WoW's lore anymore and I used to be a total lore nerd. It's pretty clear they're absolutely bankrupt when it comes to fresh ideas, instead they're content to just dangle the corpses of old Warcraft characters in front of our face to tease us into being interested.

The final nail in the coffin for me was BfA. It's literally just MoP with Sylvanas. It never once varied, the entire story had almost all the same beats and in fact it copied MoP so hard that a lot of it doesn't even make any sense.
    This is what happens when fans of a game become the developers of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It has more to do with Blizzard's inability to write well.
    At the root it's all about the story. And they didn't learn a damn thing after the WoD debacle. Worse they let that rotting carcass lay there and piled shit on top. And no matter what good they may make later, it'll always have that aroma wafting around. And you, Mr Paying Subscriber are left wondering why you're still paying for...this...
    Don't get me wrong, I can harp ALL DAY on how bad WoD fucked everything up, and there isn't any coming back from it.

My main point is that after WoD, I know exactly what to expect storywise from Blizzard, and I'm never disappointed. I don't mean me knowing the specifics or anything, but the general quality and depth. It's worth $15 bucks a month to me, but also, $15 bucks isn't much to me so fwiw ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    I just might
    I am playing this weird game called World of Flightcraft, it is pretty cool. You pay a couple gold pieces and you fly around for hours and hours. Try it out some time.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Just because you don't see it and don't like it doesn't mean that it's not true. No clue who they mean when they say it though.
    Just because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't mean it didn't happen either. The Legion is effectively done for. Even if Sargeras returns, he'd have to rebuild it first. The Old Gods may return as pawns of the Void Lords, but they aren't likely to have much importance by themselves anymore. Titans may some day come back, but their story arc is over.

Shadowlands shows rather clearly that Blizzard is more interested in exploring the parts of their cosmology they haven't shown us before.

See you in Wrath of the Light Lord's then.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't mean it didn't happen either. The Legion is effectively done for. Even if Sargeras returns, he'd have to rebuild it first. The Old Gods may return as pawns of the Void Lords, but they aren't likely to have much importance by themselves anymore. Titans may some day come back, but their story arc is over.

Shadowlands shows rather clearly that Blizzard is more interested in exploring the parts of their cosmology they haven't shown us before.
    Dont be stupid man. You know the next time blizzard wants legion they'll have their magical army again and write whatever they want to make it happen. Well, less intellectuals do gobble it up without really thinking about it.

Dont be stupid man. You know the next time blizzard wants legion they'll have their magical army again and write whatever they want to make it happen. Well, less intellectuals do gobble it up without really thinking about it.
    I see that you're still stuck in vanilla era writing, where they just made things up as they went without any long-term planning.

Sure, any of those forces may eventually come back - but they won't just appear out of nowhere when it is convenient. There will be some sort of build-up first.

I am so sick and tired of Undead, The Burning Legion and Old gods. We have literally never had an expansion not themed around either of them

Vanilla: Old god/Undead end boss
    TBC: Burning legion, demons, fel, more demons, even more demons. Turns out the final boss is not Illidan but another demon, Kil'jaeden.
    Wotlk: Look we're fighting Kel'thuzad again! Oh also there are old gods here for some reason
    Cataclysm: Tentacles, Twilights hammer in every damn zone, death wing, old gods, void blah blah
    MoP: The void minions of Y'shaarj, the mantid are overunning the place! Look! Garrosh is consuming the literal heart of an old god! That could have been replaced with literally anything like an Blackfuse Ironman suit or something, no lets include the old gods again
    WoD: One patch in and the entire place is already a fel shattered rock
    Legion: Im getting nauseaus of all this fel
    BFA: A normal expansion..? HAHA GOT YOU, OLD GODS!
    SL: Kel'thuzad returns AGAIN, and this time its not the lich king, its the jailer

What about the fact that WoD and SL are the same expansion? After the warchief gets kicked out for treason he/she travels to an alternate realm (Shadowlands/Draenor), to Serve ally with another character (Grom/the jailor), the villain has a sidekick (Blackhand/Denathrius). In the world we meet characters previously dead (Durotan, Cho'gall etc/Uther, DRAKA AGAIN, Kael'thas etc.) and work with the natives (Draenei, Maghar/ Different realms) to topple the villain.
    MoP actually had something great going on but had to ruin the end with shoehorned old god references that never needed to be there to begin with. Was the the point of absorbing the heart of an old god if nothing came from it? It literally made no difference to the story, Garrosh would have gotten jailed and escaped anyway.

If they absolutely must reuse their stuff then have us explore a new planet with their own faction war. Call it The Allies and The Hoarders or something. And we must fight them because we can. BASICALLY ANYTHING BESIDES OLD GODS, UNDEAD AND DEMONS. Haha got you again bitch! Prepare for World of Warcraft: Return of Draenor where we must fight Yrel and the lightbound except she's not actually the bad guy, its the void lords corrupting the light. Except its not that, its actually the void kings, and the titans are just messengers for the first ones. Also Illidan returns as Illidan the Patriot. Then illidan reveals the void kings answer to an even higher power, the void duchess that is just the evil sister of the leader of the first ones, the father of aman'thul, Thul'aman and his homosexual lover Eonarf. You see Aman'thul is actually an adopted world soul and is wrestling with issues about being adopted. He goes mad, goes to azeroth picks up the sword, looks on azeroth and says "I will finish what my brother started". Tune World of Warcraft: Return of the burning legion
    I do think you are oversimplifying the stories to make it fit your idea.

Vanilla not a great example. 99% of Vanilla had nothing to do with the last two bosses.

Kel'thuzad for example was a very minor part of Wotlk but you ignored that completely to fit the idea you are trying to mount.

Cataclysm is about Deathwing who we never faced in WoW before. If i recon correctly we have had no iteraction with him since, W2?

MoP was pretty unique imo. It had a old God undertone but the way it was manifesting was quite unique (via emotions) something we never seen. Along with a continent that we thought would never exist....

WoD was a weird one but even that was unique to WoW.

Legion had the burning legion because it makes sense, but again the story itself was quite unique in terms of how the invasion was, how we dealt with it and it's final outcome.

BFA is also unique, and although the old gods show up towards the very end, for the most part it was faction war theme.

SL is completely unique imo. Sure you once again ignoring the entire narrative to include Kel'thuzad as part of your argument. Imo you should change this thread to, "i'm tried of recurring characters", not storylines.

I see that you're still stuck in vanilla era writing, where they just made things up as they went without any long-term planning.

Sure, any of those forces may eventually come back - but they won't just appear out of nowhere when it is convenient. There will be some sort of build-up first.
    what build up? magical spaceship appearing out of nowhere? Thats the type of buildup you can expect.

what build up? magical spaceship appearing out of nowhere? Thats the type of buildup you can expect.
    That's still vanilla-era writing. We haven't had that for major plots in over a decade. Well, outside of MoP, but Pandaria appearing out of nowhere was a plot point so it gets a pass.

5+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla get also huge amount of dragons but it doesnt matter. Why you dont like burning legion if it is our no1 enemy, sargeras is final boss of a whole story but now while we are going to kill "death" i dont know if that rly matter

Yikes, this is as relevant as ever
    An'u belore delen'na

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we never had Titan expansion. Let’s face it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    SL has literally the most innovative lore WoW has ever had
    How do you figure? All it did was say "You know that thing from before? This is the ORIGINAL AND BETTER version of it."

Maldraxxus with scourge, Revendreth with San'layn, Kyrians with Val'kyr, Ardenweald with Nelf stuff

Brokers are literally just ethereals for crying out loud.

Half of the characters were just dead folks getting closure (with mixed success)

This story wasn't innovative it was an embarrassing rehash.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Vanilla get also huge amount of dragons but it doesnt matter. Why you dont like burning legion if it is our no1 enemy, sargeras is final boss of a whole story but now while we are going to kill "death" i dont know if that rly matter
    It speaks volume when we are supposedly going to figth death itself. and even kill it. The dream of "just being a simple adventurer" is long gone in wow lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, this is as relevant as ever
    did you just bump your own thread which is talking about Shadowlands to say it's still relevant while we're still in the Shadowlands? I mean, yeah it's still relevant because we're still there...

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It speaks volume when we are supposedly going to figth death itself. and even kill it. The dream of "just being a simple adventurer" is long gone in wow lol
    This is why Classic had unironically the best RPG lore, it wasnt an anime lore was just like a d&d story.

The irony is that if i log in now in Baldurs GAte 3 or Pathfinder, I would enjoy the lore way more than this space avengers bullshit