Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Imagine a world where there were no plebs complaining shit hardware can't run cutting edge games. I don't care how it was marketed. Don't fucking listen to marketing like an idiot and you won't get lied to. Wait for reviews like smart people.
    Imagine not raging

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Depends on where you live, For me that would mean lugging my PC up 2 flights of stairs along with a keyboard and mouse then taking it all back down when I'm done. It just isn't worth the hassle.
    That's what steam link is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    image world where there were no PC elitist telling people how to play games.
    It would be even more full of consoomers cucking themselves out of the objectively better choice, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post

It would be even more full of consoomers cucking themselves out of the objectively better choice, no thanks.
    so you want to be a jerk and refuse to let people enjoy what they want.
    that is a sad life
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so you want to be a jerk and refuse to let people enjoy what they want.
    that is a sad life
    If you saw someone about to eat a moldy apple off the floor instead of the sandwich on the plate next to them, you would also judge them and tell them that it's a dumb choice.

If you saw someone about to eat a moldy apple off the floor instead of the sandwich on the plate next to them, you would also judge them and tell them that it's a dumb choice.
    Dat analogy tho

that is a really crappy analogy.
    but since you want to play this game. are you going to spend the billions of dollars to give everyone a decent PC?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Imagine not knowing you can easily connect your pc and a controller to your 70 inch tv and enjoy games with your SO in 4k 60fps.
    Nah, your HDMI is limited to 30hz@4K.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Nah, your HDMI is limited to 30hz@4K.
    HDMI 2.0*

HDMI 2.1 can carry 4Kp60

Edit: I lied, HDMI 2.0 can do 4Kp60, but that's about where it caps out. HDMI 2.1 does 8Kp60 (or much higher framerates at a lower resolution).

Imagine not knowing you can easily connect your pc and a controller to your 70 inch tv and enjoy games with your SO in 4k 60fps.
    yes let me pack my pc down 2 stories each and every time i want to couch co op with my wife. i cant wait to hook and unhook everything a few times a week.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what steam link is for.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah if you love having shitty latency

Imagine a world where there were no plebs complaining shit hardware can't run cutting edge games. I don't care how it was marketed. Don't fucking listen to marketing like an idiot and you won't get lied to. Wait for reviews like smart people.
    You mean the reviewers who weren't allowed to show off their own footage prerelease or the totally trustworthy corporate 'reviewers'. When johnny normie can't make an informed decision from a 5-second google search because prerelease reviews are just another form of PR you get these situations.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    You mean the reviewers who weren't allowed to show off their own footage prerelease or the totally trustworthy corporate 'reviewers'. When johnny normie can't make an informed decision from a 5-second google search because prerelease reviews are just another form of PR you get these situations.
    Who said use pre-release reviews? In addition, no one was allowed to say anything about previous gen console stuff until AFTER release per the NDA. That is a huge red flag right there. Instead of being someone who NEEDS to own something immediately as soon as it's available, how about just chill and wait a week or two.

Who said use pre-release reviews? In addition, no one was allowed to say anything about previous gen console stuff until AFTER release per the NDA. That is a huge red flag right there. Instead of being someone who NEEDS to own something immediately as soon as it's available, how about just chill and wait a week or two.
    So what you're saying is let's blame whoever bought the game instead of a company that released a product 6 months before it was finished.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew the corpo prologue was going to be so short and largely irrelevant.
    So I've been waiting for guide videos on this but haven't really caught any yet. And see actually few comments about this as a whole -

How (if at all) ARE the 3 "backstory" lines going as far as affecting the game-storyline and end result?

Is it just opening up an NPC or two you wouldn't have till later in the game - or changing some dynamics in some conversations but in not any meaningful, game changing way? Does it actually affect overall endings or plot-dynamics?

I'm not someone who can play a game multiple times - any game. (Can't roll Alts, don't play single player games more than once usually unless there's ongoing released content) So I'm really curious to see if there really is any "big aspects" a player misses out on by going street kid vs. nomad vs. corpo - or whether (like in most games) its just intro-flavor that by the time you hit level 10 (random number) all goes back to 'equal' in gameplay or if there are some big differences that its worth playing a different path just 'to see it.'

Anyone? Not looking detailed spoilers or anything - just wanting to know how much was Dev Double-Talk vs. Reality of Gameplay.

I mean almost every RPG since Daggerfall has made claims of "every choice mattering" and "it changes the story!" and "your back story makes a difference" etc.etc. But in reality, that's rarely to never happened. (And I'd argue with current $/time limitations almost impossible to actually pull off but that's a different thread lol - it is why I never believe any such statements.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your intro starts differently, and you get some unique dialogue. The intro doesn't last too long though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    So what you're saying is let's blame whoever bought the game instead of a company that released a product 6 months before it was finished.
    I'll go a step farther and say "blame whoever bought <any product that they didn't properly research beforehand>" yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yes let me pack my pc down 2 stories each and every time i want to couch co op with my wife. i cant wait to hook and unhook everything a few times a week.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah if you love having shitty latency
    Do you have any idea how high the latency on your console is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Problem is Johnny casual doesn't know or hear about any of this. Best case they see ign give it 11/10 and buy it, more realistically they just buy it because it's the only big being released and they're programmed to just consume product.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    So I've been waiting for guide videos on this but haven't really caught any yet. And see actually few comments about this as a whole -

How (if at all) ARE the 3 "backstory" lines going as far as affecting the game-storyline and end result?
    It just turns one of your 'tell me more' convo options into a backstory one when it's relevant (i.e corpo knows more about the evilmega corp, street kid knows more about the gangbangers).

It's essentially nothing but fluff.

The conversations are not RPG calibre, every conversation is
    Yes
    Sarcastic/angry yes
    Tell me more
    Tell me more (life path)*
    Speech check that either just skips part of the convo or is just tell me more*

*Both of these are rare to have at the same time and they don't show up all that often really.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    You do understand the game is for sale long after the release date, right? Literally within hours of release this info was available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

You do understand the game is for sale long after the release date, right? Literally within hours of release this info was available.
    Yes and? I don't think you read all of what I wrote. I wasn't talking about myself.

Do you have any idea how high the latency on your console is?
    far lower then steamlink and no need for steady connection across 3 stories of house
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2020-12-16 at 10:58 PM.