Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Nathria isn't hard, your loot just hasn't caught up yet. Morgan Day interview

Hey all - my latest interview with Morgan Day, the lead of WoW's raid and dungeon design team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman...day-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Gbits View Post
    Hey all
    Not much to discuss here, is there? So other than advertising another site, what's up?

I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing an interview from somewhere else.

Good read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbits View Post
    Hey all - my latest interview with Morgan Day, the lead of WoW's raid and dungeon design team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman...day-interview/
    Nathria WAS HARD until they hotfixed aka nerfed into the abyss the abilities that were insta killing people..

Look at all the bug fixes and hotfixes to the raid fam

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Not much to discuss here, is there? So other than advertising another site, what's up?
    Its forbes magazine, this isnt 'some other site that needs advertising'

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in: raid out gears the players first going into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Nathria WAS HARD until they hotfixed aka nerfed into the abyss the abilities that were insta killing people..

Look at all the bug fixes and hotfixes to the raid fam
    Same as every other raid at launch. Are you new to this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Small indie publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    So why do it?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    It was an interesting read for the most part. The story was focused on raiding as might be expected from a designer for that sort of activity. Basically it was a "get more gear by raiding and things will be easier." That is the standard SL premise since gear upgrades are less plentiful as he states in the interview. His thoughts on boss design and environments were good to read about. And......... he showed a sense of humor about boss selection!

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Ur wrong Nathria is significantly more difficult than any other raid so far.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    First week AotC haven't been this low since... Archimonde, probably. Are *you* new to this game?

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    That's the problem though, this is the first time in a while this has actually been the case.

Before this people were walking into heroic literally not needing gear because they were already kitted out from M+ and Titanforging.

It's good, it felt so weird outgearing content before it was even out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    First week AotC haven't been this low since... Archimonde, probably. Are *you* new to this game?
    AotC is evidence of what? That people didn't have the same gear level they're used to for smashing through content they over gear. It's normal mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    That's the problem though, this is the first time in a while this has actually been the case.

Before this people were walking into heroic literally not needing gear because they were already kitted out from M+ and Titanforging.

It's good, it felt so weird outgearing content before it was even out.
    That's only part of the problem with the first week of Nathria. Top guilds can compensate for lack of gear by stacking classes. As evidenced by the bug/hotfixes, there were legitimate issues with encounter balancing. After the fixes were rolled out, we saw way more clears of bosses like Altimor than the day before

I used to raid during Cata - BWD/BOT/Al Akir were similar to how it is now. Normal wasn't exactly easy mode. We went 7/10 today after last week going 3/10. Gear made a HUGE difference. Especially on dealing with adds.

We made good progress so far.
    I'm still 175 ilvl and we already killed 8 bosses.
    I expect to clear heroic in the next 4 weeks, when everyone in our raid is at least 210 ilvl. We only have 6 hours of raid a week.

The biggest challenge for me is getting better gear. Last week I got zero drops from raid or world boss. When I get a piece it's usually with 100 versatility. My weekly vault was not useful altho I did a +9 with my 175 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    This hasn't been a thing in years since titanforging was put in the game. I'm glad you slowly get upgrades and it makes you more excited to come back next week with better loot. Instead of "I don't need any loot from this raid anymore unless it titanforges".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Small indie publication.
    Lol /10char
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)