Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I still hate what they did to Nazjatar. The great naga city didnt even get a proper place on the main map. In fact the placing was so weird that Its still a queation were exactly it is. On zandalar map it shows Nazjatar on the right and on kul tiras on the left? Making it seem its between these islands. Altho the story is completely differnt and its suppose to be ubder the maelstrom in the rifts.

The wow map is out of balance and it looks realy bad.. why did the maelstrom move again? Lol
    Yeah, I unironically think Vashj'ir is a better zone than Nazjatar. It just feels like Argus with a Naga themed paintjob.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah, I unironically think Vashj'ir is a better zone than Nazjatar. It just feels like Argus with a Naga themed paintjob.
    Agreed, lets not even talk about zin ashari which were 3 buildings and some ruins. Great night elf city.. not even the ruins feel large. More like a larger vilage.

Vashir imo was one of the better zones.. and compared to nazjatar it was a beast zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    In a few expansions, there'll barely be any ocean left. Still don't understand why they retconned the size of places like Kul Tiras or Broken Isles.
    They didn't.
    Both zand and KT are tiny islands in the middle of the great sea.

The in-game map is not to size.

Formerly known as Arafal

If it means that Silvermoon and the Exodar get updated and finally added to the "normal" map, i.e flying, then i would be down for a old world revamp. There is alot they could do with the, "time works differently in the maw" idea back on Azeroth, finally give Gnomeregan, or atleast a portion of it to the Gnomes, let Gilneas become a proper city giving the Worgen and Nelves a home, not sure where undead would go for a new home base, cant see Lorthemar wanting them "deading" up the place in Silvermoon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many places and enemies we haven't fought yet, threats on cosmic and local scale and plots.

the next expansion is prolly going to be light vs void, they've kinda hinted that its building up to that and also the infinite dragonflight are still out there as a dragon isles themed foe.

I feel like these 2 will likley be teh final antagonists of WoW because Light and Void are kinda the end game at this point and the infinite dragonflight have the potential to control the entire timeline.

I predict Shadowlands will lead to an infinite dragonflight expansion followed by light vs void expansion at the end.

But Im also predicting a WoW 2 announcement when the light vs void expansion is announced because the game is gonna be hitting 20 years after that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: "The universe is imense - and so is Azeroth! New landmasses are accessed every expansion, be it on our world on beyond! Ships sail into the unknown never to return, gigantic magnetic chasms and molten seas of eternium beneath our very continents!"
    Blizzard: "The plot thickens! First Ones, Nathrezim manipulation (we've never been to whatever is left of Nathreza), great forces that clash in a war as old as the cosmos!"

This dude: "hehe I want to quest in the Barrens again plx"

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Ok... is that all for the thread?

They said a time skip so its pretty obvious so not sure what we are doing here
    No they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    the next expansion is prolly going to be light vs void, they've kinda hinted that its building up to that and also the infinite dragonflight are still out there as a dragon isles themed foe.

I feel like these 2 will likley be teh final antagonists of WoW because Light and Void are kinda the end game at this point and the infinite dragonflight have the potential to control the entire timeline.

I predict Shadowlands will lead to an infinite dragonflight expansion followed by light vs void expansion at the end.

But Im also predicting a WoW 2 announcement when the light vs void expansion is announced because the game is gonna be hitting 20 years after that.
    There isn't going to be a WoW 2.0 There is no point. Nobody is going to sacrifice 20 years of work to start all over.

"I don't think there is any room for any other expansion other than a revisit to the original wow zones"

So despite the fact the last couple expansions have been leading in the direction of the void lords, your honestly saying your head canon is that the story couldn't POSSIBLY go in any direction except... kalimdor and EK...
    They did that already, it was called Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hello, if you read on you would see that was addressed

I think it will be the case anyway, not like its not going to happen

I agree with you OP!!

It's so obvious at this point they are just itching to revive the two old continents. They look SO BAD compared to new tech and design standards and it's so glaring and obvious when you see it side by side to new stuff (like mages tower in stormwind compared to teleport hub) and the ways their new zones blend in with each other at the borders for natural smooth realistic transitions whereas the old world is just crappy nintendo 64 quality hills. I made a thread a long time ago that pointed out how ugly and truly horribly designed Teldrassil was that I was really happy (from a gameplay perspective) that they decided to just scrap it with a lore reason.

With all the hype for vanilla, the questing system designed to send new players away from seeing the old world and the return of fan favorite abilities they are about to unleash the nostalgia expac that sends us back to a fresh and updated Kalimdor and EK.

Both at once within the same expansion? I'd hope so but that's a stretch. I personally would prefer one expac that updates EK and another expac that updates Kalimdor (though that'd kill their hype for said expac)
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2020-12-16 at 09:11 PM.

Hello, if you read on you would see that was addressed

I think it will be the case anyway, not like its not going to happen
    You can think whatever you want, WoW 2.0 is not happening. Nobody is going to give up 20 years of work to start all over again and they aren't going to wate their time building a new version when they can continue to put nex expansions on the current game. Everquest 2 is all you need to know for why it ain't happening here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    People keep mentioning Dragon Isles but can they carry an entire wow xpac? Even Nazjatar was just one patch, how can Dragon Isles, which most people aren't that familiar with to begin with, carry an entire expansion?
    possibly, they could throw in the infinite dragonflight as the baddies of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    "I don't think there is any room for any other expansion other than a revisit to the original wow zones"

So despite the fact the last couple expansions have been leading in the direction of the void lords, your honestly saying your head canon is that the story couldn't POSSIBLY go in any direction except... kalimdor and EK...
    They did that already, it was called Cata.
    that wasn't all of Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms, some changes were made to some zones while others were opened and others just completely ignored. Besides it's their world, we're just lucky enough to play in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    People keep mentioning Dragon Isles but can they carry an entire wow xpac? Even Nazjatar was just one patch, how can Dragon Isles, which most people aren't that familiar with to begin with, carry an entire expansion?
    Pandaria & Broken Isles could have easily been one zone as well, i think that was the plan with Pandaria early on also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They are definitely building up to the Eastern Kingdoms at least. There is (99.99% chance) going to be drama with Turalyon and Stormwind, Calia and the Scarlet Crusade are being built up, Lor'themar got a facelift as did the SMC guards. There are updated Lordaeron/Stormwind/Scarlet shields that haven't been used and the human buildings/towers are slowly getting updated in the files.
    The Scarlet Crusade, at this point, is basically an on-going plothole. Every single one of their strongholds have been sacked and raised to the ground. Every single commander, killed. They should not have even a single member left - But yet, for the sake of a recurring, cliche-fulfilling villian, Blizzard has wrote the Scarlet Crusade to have somehow survived countless purges, assassinations, and massacres, without EVER accomplishing a single thing of note. All this without even being able to recruit outside their own numbers.

So, of course, it's incredibly likely that they'll be a major villian as part of some future patch/expansion content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Anyone else remember the whole "Mongrel Horde" idea that we were supposed to have instead of WoD? The idea was about Garrosh leading the lower level Azerothian races, like Gnoll, Kobold, Merloc, and Centaurs, to fight against the Horde and Alliance as a Mongrel Horde, as opposed to the Iron Horde of WoD.
    That honestly sounds so good and I'd like it to be the next expansion. I am all for going back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. No need to make it about PvP like BFA but about the actual dangers in these continents. These "lower" Azerothian races has been left out of sight for so long it is only natural they adapted to the environment around them and became stronger.

3+ Year Old Account
    In a few expansions, there'll barely be any ocean left. Still don't understand why they retconned the size of places like Kul Tiras or Broken Isles.
    They didn't. It's just that travel times in Kul Tiras and Zandalar and Broken Isle are appropiate in contrast to vanilla zones being much smaller than they are in lore. The size of them on the world map is for the sake of the UI.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Oh stop it. It was the setting of vanilla and cataclysm and we often return to a zone or another.
    I most certainly will pass on going back to the same zones for a full expansion again. Didnt like it in Cata nor would now.

I would much rather explore new places than the same old thing.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-12-17 at 06:53 AM.

Blizz is probably till too spooked by the sub-losses in Cataclysm to do that again. And they always get an influx of "rEhASHeD cONtEnT" whenever they reuse stuff. A lot of people even whined when Nazjatar re-used some Azsuna assets.

There will probably we a time-skip, but I'm pretty sure it will be set in a new area on Azeroth, with maybe a little "revamps" to the old-world here and there for story moments. Like Arathi, Darkshore, Tirisfal, etc. in BFA.

There are still places on Azeroth to explore:

-Dragon Isles
    -Tel'Abim
    -The rest of Kezan
    -The other side of Azeroth

They could easily turn every one of those into a full expansion if they want to. They expanded Pandaria, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, and the Broken Isles into continents after all. Back in the earlier days of WoW, everyone just expected those to be island zones.

We also haven't explored the Cosmos fully at all yet:

-The Ethereal homeworld of "Ka'resh"
    -The Realm Of The Light
    -The Void
    -Potential Realm of Arcane
    -Potential Realm of Nature / Life (The Emerald Dream is just a pocket dimension on/around Azeroth, not a cosmic realm)
    -The Twisting Nether (Technically Argus and Outland were on the edge of the Twisting Nether, but they were kind of sucked / warped in, we haven't really seen what exists there naturally)

Also bear in mind, the Great Dark Beyond is like real space. There are lots of planets. We've only really been to three (Azeroth, Draenor, Argus). Although some people would always whine "THIS IS FANTASY, NOT SCI-FI, UNSUBBED!", the amount that would be upset enough to quit over it would be negligible IMO.

And they can always just make stuff up too.
    Last edited by EntertainmentNihilist; 2020-12-17 at 07:12 AM.

Ok... is that all for the thread?

They said a time skip so its pretty obvious so not sure what we are doing here
    That is not true. Ion even said that we shouldn't expect getting out of SL and 30 years have passed.