Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    If you saw someone about to eat a moldy apple off the floor instead of the sandwich on the plate next to them, you would also judge them and tell them that it's a dumb choice.
    Ooh, I love playing analogies. What you're doing is watching someone grab a ready-to-go sandwich and telling them "no, instead of just buying the sandwich you want you should buy yourself a bunch of ingredients, go to the kitchen, cook them, get a plate and some cutlery and have a something much better to eat at a higher cost with greater inconvenience." They're like "no, I'm quite capable of cooking myself a meal when I want to, but at this time I'm happy with this blend of quality and convenience and it fits my needs." Then you're like, "but it's a mouldy apple," at which point they shrug and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ooh, I love playing analogies. What you're doing is watching someone grab a ready-to-go sandwich and telling them "no, instead of just buying the sandwich you want you should buy yourself a bunch of ingredients, go to the kitchen, cook them, get a plate and some cutlery and have a something much better to eat at a higher cost with greater inconvenience." They're like "no, I'm quite capable of cooking myself a meal when I want to, but at this time I'm happy with this blend of quality and convenience and it fits my needs." Then you're like, "but it's a mouldy apple," at which point they shrug and walk away.
    i love this.
    its true.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Problem is Johnny casual doesn't know or hear about any of this. Best case they see ign give it 11/10 and buy it, more realistically they just buy it because it's the only big being released and they're programmed to just consume product.

It just turns one of your 'tell me more' convo options into a backstory one when it's relevant (i.e corpo knows more about the evilmega corp, street kid knows more about the gangbangers).

It's essentially nothing but fluff.

The conversations are not RPG calibre, every conversation is
    Yes
    Sarcastic/angry yes
    Tell me more
    Tell me more (life path)*
    Speech check that either just skips part of the convo or is just tell me more*

*Both of these are rare to have at the same time and they don't show up all that often really.
    From what i have read (don't kill me, i never got very far in TW3), the dialogue options in CP2077 are the same as The Witcher 3. Which would make sense given the companies experience. V isn't a blank slate character, it is a already pre-defined character, you just get to choose which origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    It's a FPS, you never see your character outside of sex scenes, looking in a mirror or the final mission. Oh or, photomode.

Which is a good thing, because all the gear you get looks like shit, while everyone else you see in the world has cool looking gear. Really bizzare. Certain gear also makes your shadow look funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Examples? Just wondering what "stuff" you are talking about. City is pretty static when you pay attention.
    What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Monster Hunter World says hi, apparently they missed the memo that they need holiday sales when they released in late Jan and it became the highest selling game in Capcom history. Why is fact checking a lost art before posting random shit that isn't true?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTNTpuJspo&t=384s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAv-ajC1bWg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X57DfOgG0g Cyberpunk is not even close to being the best looking game on the market. That's either Demon's Souls or Miles Morales on PS5. It's not even close to being the best looking game on PS4, that would be TLOU2 or RDR2. I can't take you serious if you think CDPRs janky ass shit is even close to the total visual package of these games. Somehow Miles Morales shits on Cyberpunk PC version on PS5 yet they still made a playable PS4 version of it that plays at a locked 30 fps. Insomniac aren't wizards, they just don't make janky ass rush jobs like CDPR.
    Nah, hardly.

Sarcastic/angry yes
    Tell me more
    Tell me more (life path)*
    Speech check that either just skips part of the convo or is just tell me more*
    They went full Fallout:4?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Again

Just because you're fine with subpar quality doesn't mean that quality is good

And playing a game/ watching a film are different things - you're objectively false - you can clearly feel visual lag and stutter below 60 fps
    Again, smoothness has nothing to do with fps (well technically it does but only under certain threshold) but read previous comments, your opinion is objectively false.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that since that video was released G sync and free sync technology has become far more readily available and supported. If you have a free or g sync enabled monitor that runs at atleast 60Hz (ideally 144), you literally have no argument.
    G/free synch'd 60fps will always be smoother than g/free synched 30fps, if anything it would be even more noticeable to you because you've been playing at 30 for years.
    Dude, watch that video, just because *sync tech became more popular doesn't mean its perfect nor does it mean 30fps isn't or cannot be smooth. It absolutely can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nah, hardly.
    I guess your bar for best graphics are the same copy pasted LED Ads lining up generic buildings everywhere because that's pretty much all this game has going for it. Even its implementation of ray tracing on PC is weird and questionable, and before that I have never seen a dev screw up ray tracing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Even shallower!
    Thats not even a big deal but there is an issue with the dialogue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I don't think it's that bad. At least you can see what your character says, and there are some useful skill checks here and there, plus you can take a tone other than passive acceptance. And V's dialog is usually well written or at least not bad.

But yeah, Fallout New Vegas or Disco Elysium this ain't. Not even close.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'll go a step farther and say "blame whoever bought <any product that they didn't properly research beforehand>" yes.
    Here's your prize:

and to go along with it:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/po...14/cyberpunk-2

Something I have no use for is motherfuckers offering up their trenchant fucking takes on what's clearly not cooked all the way through, even on PC. You don't need to go on Reddit or some shit and try to run defense - you can listen to CD Projekt RED themselves, offering refunds directly. You look like a fucking tool. Just so we're clear: that's definitions 3a and 3b.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tool

3a: one who is used or manipulated by another
    And then there was former trainer Pfeil, viewed as another tool of management for his gruff ways.
    — Sam Smith
    b informal : a foolish or unlikable person : JERK
    Before you compete on a reality TV show, you basically sign away your right to protect yourself from looking like a total tool in front of an international viewing audience.
    — Steve Tilley
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-12-17 at 02:04 AM.

I'm not shilling for shit and I haven't been hopping to their defense. I'm saying idiots trying to run __any__ new big bleeding edge game on one generation old console is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The dialogue itself is perfectly serviceable (no 'my face is tired' here), but conversations have a destination and you aren't in the driver's seat. Best case you can serve into being an asshole or unusually nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, watch that video, just because *sync tech became more popular doesn't mean its perfect nor does it mean 30fps isn't or cannot be smooth. It absolutely can.
    First of all, he's talking about frame timing software that's literally what *synch is, it's just onboard now. Secondly in the video the guy says W3 looks good with it on for 30fps.
    That's your own expert admitting 30 fps is not ideal. That's the point even 3rd party tweaked/*synched 30 doesn't look as good as 60, it just looks better than vanilla 30.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm not shilling for shit and I haven't been hopping to their defense. I'm saying idiots trying to run __any__ new big bleeding edge game on one generation old console is an idiot.
    Your statement has no purpose. If a company delivers their product to a specific console and it doesn't run, the blame is only on the developer. Especially in this case when reviews on last gen consoles weren't allowed. There's no grey area here.

- - - Updated - - -

The dialogue itself is perfectly serviceable (no 'my face is tired' here), but conversations have a destination and you aren't in the driver's seat. Best case you can serve into being an asshole or unusually nice.

First of all, he's talking about frame timing software that's literally what *synch is, it's just onboard now. Secondly in the video the guy says W3 looks good with it on for 30fps.
    That's your own expert admitting 30 fps is not ideal. That's the point even 3rd party tweaked/*synched 30 doesn't look as good as 60, it just looks better than vanilla 30.
    Dialogues are also pulled straight out of Fast and Furious 9. That's a matter of personal taste I guess. I'm sure someone out there likes Fast and Furious.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-17 at 08:51 AM.

The game as a game is kinda broken, not even counting the bugs and glitches. My full gorilla arms build does significantly more dmg with sniper rifles that can shoot through all walls despite having 0 perks invested into rifles. Crafting is pretty useless beyond maybe making the best endgame gear and plenty more stuff. I dont see this game properly fixed and balanced within a year. That said I dont regret buying it, still one of the games i enjoyed most this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So I wonder how all those "I am going to pre-order the game because I know I am going to like it" people are feeling now.

Never. Pre-Order. Games.

Period.
    I'm actually feeling quite good about it. I've enjoyed my time greatly and experienced very few visual bugs, and absolutely none of which were game-breaking. I will pre-order whatever I know I will enjoy. Haven't had an issue yet.

Yeah it's not well balanced and some of the perks don't seem to work as intended. Eventually I kinda just went a full crit/crit damage build with a fully decked out revolver and mantis blades. Usually I'll just crouch around 1 tapping everything in the face for 20k+ damage, otherwise I shred enemies up (bosses included) nearly instantly with mantis blades. Got a little boring once I became overpowered so I might try a true stealth netrunner playthrough once the game is fixed and the inevitable DLC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Like I said, its just because your expectations. I played games for decade for well under 30 fps and to me 30 just feels more natural. I can't watch movies over 30fps.
    If you would play everything on 30fps you would get used to it and say its smooth.

But saying 30fps is not smooth is just objectively false simply because you would have issues watching most of the movies.
    Yooo this is some dumb stuff youre comparing... video games and movies arent even in the same conversation when it comes to frame rates. Movies dont 180' to shoot someone down. Movies dont rely on input delay to make games feel responsive. You clearly don't know what youre talking about.

My ersonal review on this game.

Game is good and i have fun...i playing every side-quest/objective/police-thingy on the map and i have already lvl 50 while campain is still on fresh start.

Story is good. Gigs are fun. Game is really fine.
    10/10 would buy again.

But

It's not what they promised. Many things missing.Quite disapointing because corporations are most cool in this game. I saw in reddit all features that they cuted out and it made me sick.

I stared corpo-patch and still my best friends are nomads while corpo is evil and V don't like them.

I can ignore bugs..but how i am supossed to ignore that this game has less that few years old gta while they promised so much more.

It's good game...but my preorder was for perfect game.

And this game is far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Ok some minor gripes.

1. Why is picking things up such a chore / unresponsive? I feel like I have to stare at them, shuffle around them, crouch, or look away / look back to pick them up.
    2. The game looks great for the most part, but MAN the quality takes a dump as soon as you open up that inventory screen. Why does your character look like a ps2 character there?
    3. Menus. Dear god. Please. Just way too much going on, I have no idea what to look at. Meaningless numbers, unintuitive navigation, information overload.
    4. Car driving is such a pain. Why can car driving never feel easy and responsive in ANY of these kinds of games? Have these people ever driven a car? It's really not that hard.
    the car in mad max handles awsome,granted the game is built around the car being a core component of the game,but its not like its an actual racing game and it still drives better than some nfs games(pro street or undercover driving was otrocious,when you mess up the driving feeling/mecanics in your RACING game,you fucked up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm actually feeling quite good about it. I've enjoyed my time greatly and experienced very few visual bugs, and absolutely none of which were game-breaking. I will pre-order whatever I know I will enjoy. Haven't had an issue yet.
    Being the 1 outa 10 people who say "It worked fine for me" helps no one. Congrats.

Also, what did you gain from pre-ordering? Besides giving money to a company who would knowingly release a broken game?