Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So... 24 hour suspension for selling a M+8 key boost for gold

So is selling in game boosts for gold a breach of TOS? Last night I sold a M8 key in Spires boost in trade chat, for gold i might add. But it would seem someone in /2 wasn't happy with this and I was reported, next thing i know, i recieve a lovely email from Bliizard saying my account is suspended for seeling boosting services and regardless of payment currency this is a breach of TOS.

My understanding was, selling in game services for in game currency was perfectly valid. Oh well, i have learned my lesson because I also missed out on my first attempt on CN HM tonight as the suspension lifts at 2300 hrs .

So a cautionary tale to others, you have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thank god they started doing something about it.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

i report people all the time for selling raid, dungeon and pvp wins in LFG tool. It is against the terms of service to sell them in LFG. Trade chat i just report them for spam.

I see this as good news. Hopefully I won't be seeing all of LFG being just boosters.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Good

/10char
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Finally.
    Gw Blizzard
    I'm a kittycat

Finally, Blizzard doing something about boosters.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

It is your fault, OP and you have to be very naive to think that you will find a lot of people to support you here.

Good, I'm glad that Blizzard is finally doing something about this. The amount of spam in trade and the lfg tool is out of control
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Good.Its against the TOS to spam in LFG and even to clog trade chat up with that rubbish.It is one of the reasons the damn economy is so screwed up since they introduced M+. Good to know that reporting does actually help.

I wonder if the same applies if I offer to pay for M+ runs, given no other practical way to get into them?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Thank you Blizzard.

Maybe it wasn't for selling but for spaming?

Very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I wonder if the same applies if I offer to pay for M+ runs, given no other practical way to get into them?
    You mean ways like forming your own group?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    It is your fault, OP and you have to be very naive to think that you will find a lot of people to support you here.
    Well I have learned my lesson to say the lesson, also had a very angry Guild Leader shouting at me on discord becuase they were short 1 geared healer for our HM run tonight and will have to pug a healer . I hold my hands up, got greedy and suffered for it (rightly so).

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    So is selling in game boosts for gold a breach of TOS?
    The question...

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Bliizard saying my account is suspended for seeling boosting services and regardless of payment currency this is a breach of TOS.
    ...has been answered.

What more do you need?

If you are horde on Dreanor I can help you with low keys free of cost . Sadly a lot of players on LFG M+ are douchecakes who just stack their fav classes and only look at ilevel as a benchmark of player competence, I mean up until M5 its easy, well mabye not theater of pain, but the others are doable easy peasy . If you are struggling and you have key why not make your own group .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The question...

...has been answered.

What more do you need?
    Poor phrasing on my part, English is not my first language, could have been worded better.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You mean ways like forming your own group?
    You missed the word 'practical' I see.... sitting there for 4 hours watching your 1dps lf h/t/2d listen isn't fun nor is it practical.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nice finally. Boosting / selling services for gold has been such a massive mmo feel killer imo. The spamming in /2 is unbearable. It's so bad it did spread to Classic as well.
    "Nice gear, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice mount, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice Ahead of the Gold achievement. How much did it cost?"

You missed the word 'practical' I see.... sitting there for 4 hours watching your 1dps lf h/t/2d listen isn't fun nor is it practical.
    Never had such experience when pugging. I'm sorry you had to.