Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not sure why you guys think you should be able to do L7-8 with ilvl 175 when there's farmable ilvl 200+ gear available. Haven't attempted L8 yet due to raid last night but did L7 without any major issues before that as Disc with average anima powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    That's exactly what I meant, tho. There is a reason I wont touch L7/8 till I got atleast ilvl 200.
    If one can beat a specific layer only with goodish anima, it's a sign of "come back later or pray to good rng".

Bad anima can be carried by better gear, while bad gear can be carried by good anima, but is is harder to achieve than getting better gear.
    OK, I think we're actually agreeing here (mostly). I don't mind if my gear isn't good enough for higher layers. I'm fine doing lower layers only until my gear is better. Most of the Soul Ash comes from the lower layers anyway. What I don't like is how you can run one wing and dominate the place, then another wing and get destroyed, all because of the anima powers. They need to do a serious pass on the powers to try to even them up a bit, or they need to somehow rate them and put in some kind of bad-luck protection to even out runs to help so players don't have runs with all crap ones. (And preferably no runs with all great powers, too, as - while fun - those runs give a very false sense of invincibility.) I can do something about bad gear. I have no control over whether I get a run with an unstoppable demi-god of a voidwalker, or whether I get punished for every power I take.

What i dont understand is if they wanted to make this "rogue like" but that would conflict with the normal play style of wow, they could have just created new skill templates for every class with proper toolkit to deal with mechanics, other games have been able to do it before like how on ffxiv skill tree and bars change when you enter pvp mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin. Hadn't died at all in here on previous weeks.
    There are different bosses, so try again., as blood i got hard stuck first run on my boss, but breezed through it on my 2nd run.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Not sure how it is for healer, but most everything was nerfed yesterday night so it's a lot easier today. Group scaling was super bad as well, we were taking so much damage for a party of 3 and now it's super ok again. They moved pretty fast with the nerfs, I am surprised.

Layer 6-8 are impossible solo unless you are some sort of god, i recommed forming a guild / pug party to avoid unnecessary furstration.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Layer 6-8 are impossible solo unless you are some sort of god, i recommed forming a guild / pug party to avoid unnecessary furstration.
    What? I've done layer 8 as Holy Priest and Shadow Priest now. I've used up all my lives, but I did both wings first try with ilvl 184. What class are you playing that you think it's impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    I did 7 and 8 as a disc priest yesterday with little to no issues. Was pretty much a breeze other than the random mob that spawns when you are out of combat too long. I guess I must be a god because it was way easier and faster than grouping. I didn't even have my OP anima powers either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I don't think the gear is the issue here, unless they expect you to be full 235 somehow. Some classes and specs fare better against this, in which case it makes it inaccessible for those "unfortunate" to pick the wrong class/spec, and have to wait to get mythic gear to clear something that shouldn't really require it. That's like releasing an unoptimised game and expecting people to upgrade their PC rather than optimise the game.
    then get good, get gear, cus 8's are very doable at 200 il. Which is normal itemlevel.

Have you tried anything above 5 with a rogue :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    I did 7 and 8 as a disc priest yesterday with little to no issues. Was pretty much a breeze other than the random mob that spawns when you are out of combat too long. I guess I must be a god because it was way easier and faster than grouping. I didn't even have my OP anima powers either.
    Just a hint - this random mob is perfect for mind control. If you have some powers that buff its damage it tears through everything - and engaging a floor boss doesn't even start it's stacking buff until the stalker is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Thardgast is another example of awesome idea implemented poorly.

There are basically no rewards, so the layers up to the memory drops should stay Diablo style (pull 800 adds and gib them) and upper layers can be more difficult for people who enjoy wasting time.
    It was actually fun and implemented fine in beta but over time they made it worse and worse and really ramped up making it worse with the hotfixes on live.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    So far one of their greatest mistake with thorghast is not applying an ilvl requirement to each level, so that people clearly know what ilvl it's balanced for.

Everyone expect that if a floor is available, you should be able to clear it, which is clearly not the case.
    ^ This is 100% accurate.

So far one of their greatest mistake with thorghast is not applying an ilvl requirement to each level, so that people clearly know what ilvl it's balanced for.

Everyone expect that if a floor is available, you should be able to clear it, which is clearly not the case.
    Have to agree with this, but just make it an "recommended xx", not a requirement!
    Most people just need to have an exact number everywhere just to understand that they are, maybe, just not geared enough or sth.

For people with common sense it's obvious that different layers require different gear. If this is not available.. well.. good luck with RNG.

Also, this. You are not allowed to queue for heroic dungeons if you’re not 155 for example.

An ilvl info (not enforced) would be a good start. But often the main issue lies in floor 6 boss, it’s basically end bosses that are overturned. Also if they give an hint, people with the required ilvl that cannot beat the boss because of “reasons” even if they meet the ilvl requirements will wine hard for sure.

It’s simple but not so simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    TG7 was OK as disc in this reset. Some trashpacks were a bit painful at the start, but the endboss was very trivial. On prot warrior TG7 seemed impossible, even trash were whooping my ass, I just gave up in 10 mins, too much PITA. Still gathering strength for TG8

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    TG7 was OK as disc in this reset. Some trashpacks were a bit painful at the start, but the endboss was very trivial. On prot warrior TG7 seemed impossible, even trash were whooping my ass, I just gave up in 10 mins, too much PITA. Still gathering strength for TG8
    Warriors have a hard time in TG, same on my rogue. But then again my rogue is the least geared of all my toons, so there is that.

Mistwaever with at least 2 vivify powers is still ridiculously easy. Breezed through lvl 8 like it was wailing caverns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trudamagex View Post
    I dont get it, if it s too difficult for you (because of gear / skill/ time/ etc) why dont you just do lower layers ? That is no different than other contents, if you have not the skill/ time / gear / guild / etc you do whatever content you can.
    For exemple you do Lfr instead of mythic or Heroic instead of mythic or M+ 5 instead of + 15 or 1400 rating instead or 2400
    Those higher difficulty contents give better rewards than easier ones and i dont see anybody complaining about this. Except entitled people.
    Plus, higher layers dont give that much ashes compared to lower layers. Just do layers you can end with your actual gear / time / skill.
    90% of gamers consider themselves as very good players and much better than others. If they can't complete difficult content they will blame the game before they admit that it's too much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    The buff to bosses hit me hard on my mage too. 350k for the floor 4 empowered interceptor. cant interrupt, cant kite, just death
    I just completed a layer 8 run with my mage idk

I've successfully completed Layer 8 of both wings this week as a ilvl 173 Prot Paladin and it was absolute TORTURE. The floor 5 bosses required the use of every cooldown, strategic kiting at key moments, better anima powers than you usually get and a nice chunk of luck. Even then I had to reset them a couple of times before I got enough procs of my powers. Use of the Phantasmic Infuser is basically mandatory and pray for a good buff.

The Upper Reaches boss was particularly stressful since it was an all or nothing, as I had the 90 second immunity anima power pending when I engaged and activated it at about 55% before I got killed and then just tried to do as much damage as I could. Bubble wore off at about 8% and I just ran screaming while hurling hammers and managed to get the kill just before the next hit would have killed me with 16 stacks of Unnatural Power. Basically that boss was undoable without the bubble at my gear level but it worked.