Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Last edited by msmollymillions; 2020-12-17 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added crap

ITT: Toxic players too bad to do m+ on their own, too poor to buy a boost, and too jealous of someone else selling keys to just mind their own business or be happy for that person.

To OP: You're not gonna find support here. For what it's worth, Blizzard has actually stated in Blue posts that selling services and boosts for in game currency is fine, but you cannot do so in the LFG tool. If you had your group listed in LFG as well, that's bannable. Unless they have released new guidance recently in a new blue post, and I mean very recently, selling for in game currency via trade chat only is not bannable, no matter what the crybabies on this forum would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Well they are crystal clear about it, they won't tolerate boost selling regardless what currency is used, original text of email posted for your reference:

Account Action: Suspended until 2020/12/17

This account was recently caught advertising in the World of Warcraft Group Finder [ It was trade chat actually not LFG] for in-game services like boosts or carries. This may also include advertising external sources or websites. This action—regardless of the payment method—violate our http://battle.net/support/article/7390 Code of Conduct and create an unacceptable detriment to our players.

As the account holder, you are responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with the http://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html Blizzard EULA.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this action after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals.
    You're either being disingenuous and were actually advertising in LFG or they mistakenly assumed that that was the case. If the latter is true, you can likely appeal and get compensated.

Blizzard's current stance is they allow boosting for gold. If that were to change, it would be a much bigger thing than changing their stance on multiboxing software so they would announce that long before the change would take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    had a very angry Guild Leader shouting at me on discord becuase they were short 1 geared healer for our HM run tonight and will have to pug a healer .
    This is none of my business, but I'd leave that guild asap if I were you. Guild leader or not, shouting at me is the one thing I'm not going to put up with.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-12-17 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    becauSE it cHEAPeNS tHe VaLue of ClearIng CONtENT

bECauSe peoPLe bUYINg BoOSts Didn't WORK fOr theIR Gear
    Why is the value of your game experience based on what other people do or not do? Seems like a personal problem you have with wanting to control other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    WoW Token killed the foreign sold farming business. Substantially less bots now.
    The problem isn't the token, it's allowing power to be tied to thing purchasable with gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a lot of people that just took OP's word for it with zero proof, and then the Blizzard email shows he was using the in-game LFG tool to sell boosts which isn't allowed.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This is none of my business, but I'd leave that guild asap if I were you. Guild leader or not, shouting at me is the one thing I'm not going to put up with.
    I generally agree with that stance, but sometimes you need to recognize that your actions affect others and reprimand is appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I generally agree with that stance, but sometimes you need to recognize that your actions affect others and reprimand is appropriate.
    I wouldn't call yelling an appropriate form of reprimand, not when it comes to adults who barely know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    ITT: Toxic players too bad to do m+ on their own, too poor to buy a boost, and too jealous of someone else selling keys to just mind their own business or be happy for that person.

To OP: You're not gonna find support here. For what it's worth, Blizzard has actually stated in Blue posts that selling services and boosts for in game currency is fine, but you cannot do so in the LFG tool. If you had your group listed in LFG as well, that's bannable. Unless they have released new guidance recently in a new blue post, and I mean very recently, selling for in game currency via trade chat only is not bannable, no matter what the crybabies on this forum would have you believe.
    He have my support. If someone is willing to pay for a run then so be it. Is not like they are paying with real cash. Back ages ago I play a game where is the same thing you can't buy in game boosting so people post on an online fourm and if you want to buy a run you contact them through the fourm. They will then put a useless item on the AH and they will you who the seller is for what item and how much it is. Uou buy a useless item from this character that posted in the AH. Since they know who bought the item the can confirm the buyer for the run. Works just fine.

If he got ban coz he was spamming he could literally just make a group with the title trading dps spot for m+ xx for xxx amount of gold. Now that's not selling a run but trading a dps spot to be carry through a run. Since he is not selling it it is not against ToS. He is trading a service.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I wonder if the same applies if I offer to pay for M+ runs, given no other practical way to get into them?
    No other practical way? Lolwhat? Dude, just get a m0 done, get your keystone, post it in LFG, people might not show up IMMEDIATELY, but they will come.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

While I am glad it seems blizzard is taking action against these boosters, it also seems weird tbh. To boost someone for gold does seem to be legit, I cannot see why it would be a problem? Maybe, if we stretch it, it's because it's also potential revenue for gold sellers and such?
    I hate the boosting culture, but I also think it should be legal, since it's payed with ingame stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yeah, i think it was not as much that you were "selling" runs, but that you put it in /2.

I have yet to hear anybody be banned from doing it in LFG.
    Funny enough, near the end of BFA there was a BluePost on exactly that Topic, which clearly said Advertisment in the LFG tool is not Allowed, and they added the report button for Advertisment there.

OnTopic:
    I didnt hear about that before, interesting to know, and its a good thing in my Opinion.

There's been no report of a policy change from Blizzard regarding boosting for gold, so you were likely either banned by a GM who didn't fully understand the current rules, or you did something else (like excessive spamming, dungeon finder advertising, etc).

Ads in trade are fine, but advertising in the dungeon finder is a big no no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This really isn't the place for this kind of thread, we don't really allow subjects that concern violations of the ToS/EULA and issues with official bans or suspensions should go through Blizzard's official support apparatus. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead