Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Dead Cells is not Roguelike, Spelunky neither....Maybe check the definitions first (suggest rogueLITE fyi)
    So your argument is to be pedantic. But you suck at it, because if you look up the official listed genre of say Risk of Rain 2 its 3rd Person Shooter/RogueLIKE. But you mentioned Spelunky not ROR2, so lets look at that, hrmmm, RogueLIKE platformer.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

Powers and abilities in Roguelikes are random. Hades and Binding of Isaac both are like that. Both are roguelikes.
    Ahem no...(I mean yes but no) Isaac is a more or less good example (still 1....1 out of all roguelike) Hades is not so much (if you talking about the boons) They can be random but they are purchasable as well "Boons are upgrades given by the gods to help Zagreus in his attempts to escape the underworld. They can be obtained as rewards for clearing a room marked with the respective god's symbol or purchased for 150 Obols from Charon's shop. Boons only last for the duration of a run; they disappear should Zagreus die and be sent back to the House of Hades."

Lol those nerf. Not even waiting for people to gear up, just flat-nerf everything and super-buff groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Agreed with @Jastall , bit too full ham on the nerfs, especially if the increase in available anima powers is in any way meaningful.
    I just did Torghast Upper Reaches layer 8, that was completely impossible without insane luck for me earlier today (Hunter) - it was super easy now, even with supposedly not all nerfs being in yet (the hp/damage one definitely is).

So yeah, I agree. Nerfs are too much.

"The chance for an Anima Cell to drop from a creature on any given floor has been increased."

Yet this is the first run out of the nearly 20 since release where after clearing an entire floor the only Anima Cells I got were the starting one and the one from floor boss. Where the starting one fucking sucks and I went with the option that literally does nothing for my spec. Fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Now if only there were a period of time BEFORE the release of an expansion during which they could have tested these things...

What could we call such a period of time, mmm... Anyone got any suggestions? Something something test... like, I don't know, quality assurance testing, or beta testing, or something...

You know, when a non-greedy company actually tests their *bleep* instead of letting their b̶l̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶b̶o̶y̶s̶ devouted fans do all the work and not get paid...
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2020-12-17 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So your argument is to be pedantic. But you suck at it, because if you look up the official listed genre of say Risk of Rain 2 its 3rd Person Shooter/RogueLIKE. But you mentioned Spelunky not ROR2, so lets look at that, hrmmm, RogueLIKE platformer.
    And even that pedantry is weird, here, because roguelike/lite is one of those famously messy definitions. Trying to build an argument by No True Rogueli(k|t)e-ing is a complete waste of energy.

Personally I don't think shit needs to be nerfed. I think there should be a smaller chasm between good and bad RNG (say what you want, it just doesn't feel good) and maybe a change to Unnatural Power to make it so it's not just "lol dps check."

That should be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And even that pedantry is weird, here, because roguelike/lite is one of those famously messy definitions. Trying to build an argument by No True Rogueli(k|t)e-ing is a complete waste of energy.
    The entire Roguelike vs Roguelite argument boils down to a bunch of 80s-90s gamers who like to say "well actually" while shoving their glasses up trying to gatekeep people from enjoying a genre.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Lol those nerf. Not even waiting for people to gear up, just flat-nerf everything and super-buff groups.
    Torghast is really risky for Blizzard. It's a main feature of the expac and they openly said that they are monitoring it from very close and that they made a mistake with the ramping up, because they didn't have accurate data of player behavior. It has to be a success, players NEED to feel that their struggles matter, asap, not like with islands, at least for now. If players get discouraged from torghast a couple of weeks into the expac, then season 2, or call it whatever you want will be a disaster, players will simply not touch it. They made a good call with nerfing this season at least. We wil lsee season 2, or if there will be a season 2 at all. FOR NOW, it was a good call.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-12-17 at 09:37 PM.

I just zoned into layer 6 and the first anima options were 2 useless commons. Anyone know when the changes will go into effect?

Honestly the health reduction would have been enough imo. While I enjoy torghast, the higher keys were feeling awfully spongey in a group. Most of the rest seems like basic QoL changes, so it should be fine.

Anyone else having a really hard time with the Korasus boss? The one where you can’t move except for during collapse. I feel like he hits WAY too hard. I’m a 171ilvl rogue on layer 4 it was and it was literally impossible. I hate losing Torghast to impossible bosses feels like I just wasted an hour of my life and precious time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    It’s like committing to a raid every Tuesday. Ergh. So many floors per layer. Ergh. Argh.
    You don’t do every layer though. You do the highest one you can and that’s it

15+ Year Old Account
    On some specs it's difficult and on some specs it takes forever or it can be both sometimes. Last time I tried a 6 as FDK, I died 4 times to the last boss.

I switched Unholy but I haven't attempted a 6 yet. Frost is gonna be a dead spec if it doesn't see tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    following up on Lei's post. I was discouraged after one run. not those expository runs but an actual one where I couldn't get past the first boss. it'll be roughly 4 weeks until I "gear up" at which point I'll still be lower than most presumably having nothing but campaign, WQ and adventure gear. I didn't have to run any anything I didn't want to in BFA so they effectively conditioned me not to given my natural inclinations and so my lone 60 is sitting at like sub 148 in bags and 130 something equipped. with very little hope for upgrades coming from WQs or adventures. not sure when they'll start offering more than 148 but I did reach a 'WQs ilvl cap upgrade' point in the renown chain.

an aside - I currently have zero interest in leveling any of my other 18 50s (most of which were played at max level for most of my time in BFA) given the state of travel and the fact that it doesn't actual feel like threads of fate "allows you to contribute to end game progression" like they said it would. but rather heres your ability that you would have for 1/4 of the campaign (along with 3 other options along the way) and fewer quests to choose from than the original leveling experience. they clearly and purposely blocked progression on things like sanctum upgrades, obviously among the most important portions of end game progression and one of the few ways you could theoretically progress at sub-60 levels.

any chance "Goxul the Devourer" is the ooze? the ooze is the bastard I couldn't get past on my run.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    following up on Lei's post. I was discouraged after one run. not those expository runs but an actual one where I couldn't get past the first boss. it'll be roughly 4 weeks until I "gear up" at which point I'll still be lower than most presumably having nothing but campaign, WQ and adventure gear. I didn't have to run any anything I didn't want to in BFA so they effectively conditioned me not to given my natural inclinations and so my lone 60 is sitting at like sub 148 in bags and 130 something equipped. with very little hope for upgrades coming from WQs or adventures. not sure when they'll start offering more than 148 but I did reach a 'WQs ilvl cap upgrade' point in the renown chain.

an aside - I currently have zero interest in leveling any of my other 18 50s (most of which were played at max level for most of my time in BFA) given the state of travel and the fact that it doesn't actual feel like threads of fate "allows you to contribute to end game progression" like they said it would. but rather heres your ability that you would have for 1/4 of the campaign (along with 3 other options along the way) and fewer quests to choose from than the original leveling experience. they clearly and purposely blocked progression on things like sanctum upgrades, obviously among the most important portions of end game progression and one of the few ways you could theoretically progress at sub-60 levels.

any chance "Goxul the Devourer" is the ooze? the ooze is the bastard I couldn't get past on my run.
    What? How is sanctum upgrades an important part of the end game? It's part of literally no end game.

Already easy this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If u see it as forced, ima guess u dont do content that requires a legendary, like organized raiding or rated pvp, and u dont need legendary to farm transmog or pet battles
    i see it as forced and play wow only to raid. soooo

I like the changes, the nerfs to mob damage in general.

Doing 7 felt real bad after reset this weak.

Though 8 is perhaps a bit too easy now. However, the Slime boss in one of the 8's this week is insane. Even with a bonkers insane build, his hp pool is massive. And his spam casts ARE INSANELY PUNISHING for any melee...