Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Headphones with mic recommendations

Price range is $300, no gaming head sets I have learned my lesson. Anybody got some recommendations for head sets with microphone, it can be wired or wireless. Looking to get a good pair to last me a while. None of this oh a few months in and now one side won't work or the mic just creates a horrific screeching noise.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Whenever you buy a headset, you pay $300 dollars for headphones worth $100 and microphone worth $5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Price range is $300, no gaming head sets I have learned my lesson. Anybody got some recommendations for head sets with microphone, it can be wired or wireless. Looking to get a good pair to last me a while. None of this oh a few months in and now one side won't work or the mic just creates a horrific screeching noise.
    I know you said "No gaming", and trust me, I've been there and been burned myself, but have a look at the Senheisser GSP370's. They're in your price range, have 100 hours of battery life, and sound bloody amazing. They're also deliberately not very "gamer-y". No RGB.

I'm incredibly lazy so I love the fact I only have to charge them once a week or so. Most of the time I can just take them off the stand and just use them, which TBH is a big game-changer for me.

Another point in their favour from my very subjective perspective is the very lightweight No-BS software. Simple EQ settings, 2.0/7.0 toggle, voice controls, that's about it. Does it job then shuts up and gets out of the way.

Give them a google.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Beyerdynamic MMX300 (2nd Generation) if you are looking for a headset.
    Last edited by Tungstate; 2020-12-18 at 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Okay so general consensus is headphones and mic separate. Okay that sounds reasonable. Thanks for the input, I'll keep researching and taking suggestions.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Don't get a modmic. They are completely overpriced and as cheap as is gets.

I've been happy with my Arctis Pro Wireless.

Cooler Master MH751 are usually deemed good for the price.

My advice is with microphones, a lot of people tend to have issues with just how close/proximity you have to be with them.

If you are far away from most microphones, it will sound garbage.

Booming something like (for suggestion purposes);

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1BT4...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Would be lot better, these microphones just use a 3.5 mm connection so you don't need an audio interface and you can have these bit further away from you to sound alright, still don't have it far away from you.

If you are ok with being on top of the microphone, a USB microphone can make sense as well, for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnp2...nel=Podcastage

or just watch his videos for microphones reviews.

Just got the elgato wave 3 for a microphone, and got to say, sounds excellent and are easy to setup (usb) as for the headphones I don't have a solid recommendation

Another vote for headphones. For $300 you can get a nice setup.

Headphones - Phillips fidelito x2hr
    Mic - Pick your favorite usb desk mic. Ive used Blue mics for a while and been happy.
    Headphone amp/dac - Fiio e10k or any sub $100 amp/dac.

This is what I use and it’s ruined me. You can’t even compare it with a gaming headset because it’s such a better experience. They sound phenomenal for music and videos too.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

I can't rave enough about the MPOW wireless ones with a dock to keep it charged when not using it. Coming out at $107 and the mic is good quality, its the best bang for the buck. I took a chance on the wired version last year and wow, MPOW has seriously improved on good quality. I now have the wireless and they're pure amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Wireless...8402839&sr=8-6

There was always a very good microphone in Samsung headphones, probably one of the best apart from Air pods pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If you prefer a tabletop mic, I've never used one myself, but I've heard good things about the Blue Snowball.
    Yeah, pretty much anything from Blue will be perfectly fine for gaming voice comms.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Don't get a modmic. They are completely overpriced and as cheap as is gets.
    lolwut m8?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    lolwut m8?
    I'd have to agree with his sentiment. The sound signature they have is awful, at least to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    lolwut m8?
    Modmics are microphones that get attached to your headphones, transforming them into a headset.

Their price is relatively high, their quality is cheap. It's like paying 60$ for a 5$ mic and some (admittedly good) adhesive.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-21 at 09:32 AM.

I would just go with any cardioid style mic that sits on your desk in front of you and a good set of regular headphones. you can even get a boom arm for pretty cheap and the background noise is pretty well cancelled out. You can tweak as you need and spend as much as you want. HyperX has one of the better mics in this price range I believe, but you can always go with something cheaper like the Razer mic. headsets I've never been particularly picky about as most of them sound good enough as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I've been happy with my Arctis Pro Wireless.
    Agreed. Worked great right out of the gate, and the battery swap system is a lifesaver. Was so tired of people not understanding me well on discord before I got this headset lol.