Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/s...37360184078336

They actually did it. Bad press so loud it made the immovable object give an inch.

edit: Its actually worse than it first appears. Not only is Sony giving no questions asked refunds they have removed the PS4 version from the PSN entirely.

-for comparison Anthem is in the PSN end of year sale right now.
    Holy shit, I'm actually struggling to think of the last time Sony pulled the digital version of a game for any reason, much less quality reasons.

Now to see if/how Microsoft responds, and I'm not gonna lie if the only digital version of the game on sale until the next-gen release is PC I'm gonna have a bit of a laugh.

What a colossal shitshow, CDPR is fuckin killing their brand strength here.

Edit: Wait...did Sony say they're refunding everyone who purchased the game, even if they didn't ask?

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/cy...-2077-refunds/

Because...that's what it reads like >.>
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-12-18 at 01:25 AM.

That's surprising. Not entirely undeserved, I guess...but there must have been some pretty damning things going on beyond the scenes. They straight up lied to their customers so I don't doubt they lied to their investors and Sony as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, I'm actually struggling to think of the last time Sony pulled the digital version of a game for any reason, much less quality reasons.

Now to see if/how Microsoft responds, and I'm not gonna lie if the only digital version of the game on sale until the next-gen release is PC I'm gonna have a bit of a laugh.

Edit: Wait...did Sony say they're refunding everyone who purchased the game, even if they didn't ask?

Its a bit iffy. It now looks like they have even delisted the ps5 version. They aren't just getting rid of the unplayable version CDPR just lost a 108 million consoles strong, two generations of hardware storefront completely. I don't think this has ever happened before in the industry. An arkham game being ripped from steam is the closest i can think of.

They should of just delayed the old gen versions, honestly this should be telling that its ok to release something on PC first (next gen too) and wait for others, the shit show from that is better then this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit iffy. It now looks like they have even delisted the ps5 version. They aren't just getting rid of the unplayable version CDPR just lost a 108 million consoles strong, two generations of hardware storefront completely. I don't think this has ever happened before in the industry. An arkham game being ripped from steam is the closest i can think of.
    Arkham Knight was pulled from the Steam store for some time until they put it back after an update that did fix things but there was still claims it wasn't completely fixxed(And the game had more performance problems bringing it down then gameplay disagreements).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A fitting end to 2020, I guess?

I wonder, though...maybe the financial situation is bleak for CDPR and they're going to end up abandoning the project altogether as a result?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit now I can sell my PS4 for $10,000 like it had P.T. or Flappy Bird.

Still denied my refund for the exact same reason as before cause I downloaded the game.... ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Well I just talked to customer support and ya no refund.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well I just talked to customer support and ya no refund.
    Probably hasn't filtered down the chain to all the outsourced CS folks, I imagine this is coming in pretty hot. Give it a few days and it sounds like they'll process your refund once they confirm you own the digital version. And upon re-reading, it doesn't sound like they're blanket refunding, only if you request it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its when people just say "Objectively bad" which isn't the case. And in the case of car customization, they never really claimed it would be a thing. The AI doesn't really bother me outside of well kneeling down scared(If they ran it would be far better). Also people seem to love using absolute statements like "Its garbage" "Garbage game" etc etc.

TLDR: We're taking the game as is not what it could of been.
    The driving AI is objectively bad because it doesn't exist.

I need to find some other meaty game to play. Cyberpunk was meant to pass the time over the next few months when it's really cold outside and I don't need/feel like going out.

Probably hasn't filtered down the chain to all the outsourced CS folks, I imagine this is coming in pretty hot. Give it a few days and it sounds like they'll process your refund once they confirm you own the digital version. And upon re-reading, it doesn't sound like they're blanket refunding, only if you request it.
    I provided them both the twitter post and the official post on their website. They said it would be sent to someone as a special case or some shit and yet I got a email saying denied.They are saying the same thing as before, It was downloaded so it can't be refunded.

ill give it a few days and try again I guess.

With that said the debate is over. The game is in such a bad state Sony pulled it from PSN there is no defending CDPR at this point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know shit just got real when Sony has removed your game and offering refunds. CDPR probably lobbied for it to be removed but they will reap none of 'good intentions' I feel bad for the devs who worked hard on the project, not so much for the questionable business decisions.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-12-18 at 01:50 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Shit has indeed hit the fan

10+ Year Old Account
    I provided them both the twitter post and the official post on their website. They said it would be sent to someone as a special case or some shit and yet I got a email saying denied.They are saying the same thing as before, It was downloaded so it can't be refunded.

With that said the debate is over. The game is in such a bad state Sony pulled it from PSN there is no defending CDPR at this point.
    Probably need to get the proper tools in place since the store operates as refunds being an unprobable exception.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    CDPR probably lobbied for it to be removed but they will reap none of 'good intentions' I feel bad for the devs who worked hard on the project, not so much for the questionable business decisions.
    I really, really doubt the tried to get it removed. They likely tried to work on a refund deal, but there's no way they wanted it pulled entirely.

I feel bad for the "in the trenches" devs who had no control over any of this and busted ass too, and it's sad that if consequences fall on anyone it'll probably be them and not the management/executives who pushed for the early launch initial launch date announcement which put them on this collision course with drama.

Outright pulled from the PSN? That can't have happened very often.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Probably need to get the proper tools in place since the store operates as refunds being an unprobable exception.
    Likely that's why ill give it a few days. Honestly Sony should just put a button on the website, you click and it summits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Outright pulled from the PSN? That can't have happened very often.
    I don't recall it ever happening expect for afro samurai 2 when it got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    No, it's not like that at all. Aiming is a core game feature for a shooter, this wanted system is a minor, mostly irrelevant feature. Clearly all it's there to do is to give you a slight incentive to not kill civilians. It's not GTA, it's not trying to be GTA, it just has some GTA-like systems. It shouldn't be a surprise that a game more focused on those systems fleshes them out more.
    I'm going to admit aiming was an extreme example, but it was one used for clarity. I understand that things have to get cut (which opens up a whole other conversation about the game's lack of focus) and choices have to be made about what stays in. But if it's in it has to work, ideally up to the standards set by your compeitiors.

I do however take umbrage with this defence I see wholly too often that the game is not trying to be GTA (or at least like GTA). It's an open-world game, with carjacking, criminal behaviour, mission icons, side missions dotted around the map the list goes on.
    You don't get to slap a sickly wheezing 'rpg' shaped bandage over your game and hide behind that (especially when you drop rpg from the game description).
    If you make a game with so many similarities to GTA you invite being compared to gta, if you shape up poorly? As I said before if you want a seat at the table...
    Which brings me back to my first point. The wanted system is worse than the system in gta 3, an almost 20-year-old game.

Compounding the issue is (is suspect) the wanted system is this bad because the driving ai is nonfunctional. Cops can't scream into your location so the only solution is to TP them in behind your camera.
    We could even get into speculation about if it was intended to be more fleshed out but cut (which again I suspect because there was that big max-tec show off at the start but they never feature in the story) or that ad featuring Mr meme himself.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    What would you have done in their place? How would you sell a game to the masses that runs well on upgraded consoles but not on the base versions? They had shown PS4 Pro and XBox One X footage, that wasn't false. But there is no way they could sell those versions without selling for the base PS4 and XBone. If I had a PS4 Pro, and I couldn't buy the game because the base PS4 couldn't run it well, despite the fact that my console could, I would be pretty pissed.
    There's plenty they could have done

Here's a couple things:

1) Come straight out and say, before launch, that in order to get even bearable results you need at least a PS4 Pro. a "PS4 Pro Exclusive" tag isn't necessary for them to just straight up say that the regular PS4 just can't handle it. And it's not like it runs well on PS4 Pro either...it's just more bearable. The game they released is just not designed for last gen consoles...and should not have been released onto those consoles in the state it is in.

2) Release some footage showing how it plays on the previous generation consoles...so that people have an idea what they are getting into before buying.

Failure to take these steps is why CDPR is having to issue out mass refunds.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-12-18 at 02:29 AM.