Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Playing with idiots on your team is extremely difficult because they are a level of intelligence apart and will mass report you for not being in team fights with them 3 levels down wiping over and over while you are playing for win conditions taking forts and soaking.

One of my Hots account is on a 3rd strike (next one is apparently a perma-ban) for "hindering the team" when in fact I was the only one playing for the win. Appeals don't get answered, you will eventually be banned the longer you are teamed with idiots. I am looking forward to my perma-ban simply for playing the game to win.

However, coming back from the last temp-ban things have somewhat improved this season, but for the first time ever I have turned off team chat because this is often used as evidence in reports.

- - - Updated - - -

The weird thing is one of my temp-bans was because of repeated failed attempts to reconnect to a game with the dreaded "Desync" error. The system saw it as afking out of the game 7 times in a row and banned me that day.
    This REALLY sounds more like you are the problem not your teammates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Yeah, shitting on the entire team during a game isn't playing to win.
    I was mass reported because they didn't like my playstyle, there's nothing I can do about that as I said. I haven't changed and I know I will eventually get banned perma. I even explained to my team why I play like I do, maybe that sped up the ban so I now keep chat turned off.

I was mass reported because they didn't like my playstyle, there's nothing I can do about that as I said. I haven't changed and I know I will eventually get banned perma. I even explained to my team why I play like I do, maybe that sped up the ban so I now keep chat turned off.
    No one gets banned over a difference in playstyles. We both know that. Your explanation is what gets you banned, because I guarantee you're being overly antagonistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with idiots on your team is extremely difficult because they are a level of intelligence apart and will mass report you for not being in team fights with them 3 levels down wiping over and over while you are playing for win conditions taking forts and soaking.
    Bro tell me about it.

So far I have a 21-36 difference, and my god this game REFUSES to let me close the gap. Its like it punishes me for doing
    so by adding another 10 losses or so before it gives me one.

>whiny teammate whining about wanting surrender button
    >all kinds of assed excuses and reasons that we can't win
    >"I've come back from worse" i say (summarised)
    >fountain of abuse and excuses
    >whining continues
    >we make a comeback, win
    >guy still spouts excuses and abuse how we're bad and he carried us despite coming dead last in every stat and spending more time whining than playing
    >all four of us just keep making jokes postgame until he tripped over his own bullshit several times and left

Such a curious variety of characters this game has.
    The diversity of the heroes is nice too.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean a surrender option would be very much welcome. You can put stipulations for it of course,
    such as requiring the majority to vote for it and the option being available only after 10 minutes
    of the match.

Because you can definitely tell whether your game is a wash or not in those 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I mean a surrender option would be very much welcome. You can put stipulations for it of course,
    such as requiring the majority to vote for it and the option being available only after 10 minutes
    of the match.
    They'll never do it though, too exploitable. You'd have to forfeit levelling up, gold rewards and quest progress for a start and what about the enemy team?

Because you can definitely tell whether your game is a wash or not in those 10 minutes.
    I can predict losses during the first objective and before.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll never do it though, too exploitable. You'd have to forfeit levelling up, gold rewards and quest progress for a start and what about the enemy team?
    I mean you can put penalties for forfeiting. One idea is that you get 0 experience, no credit, and no gold. Maybe make it add on so that the more
    you forfeit, the more this "debuff" of sorts adds up. Even if you get a win, so long as you have the debuff, you don't reap any of the rewards other
    than SR gain. If 10 minutes is too low, increase it to 13. I sincerely doubt all those penalties at 13 minutes per game would ever be worth the
    exploitation.

Or just copy how League does it.

Nope to that, climbing is hard enough as is, I don't want to take any unnecessary losses just because defeatists voted for it. There's been way too many eventual turnarounds (both for and against me), even near the end or even in matches where my team has been verbally fighting each other until I got them to stop and play properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Nope to that, climbing is hard enough as is, I don't want to take any unnecessary losses just because defeatists voted for it. There's been way too many eventual turnarounds (both for and against me), even near the end or even in matches where my team has been verbally fighting each other until I got them to stop and play properly.
    All 5 players would have to vote yes.

All 5 players would have to vote yes.
    Up there was talk about majority vote, not all of them. But, even with all 5 required it would still be detrimental because it just turns the team against each other, as the people who wanted to quit will not take it well that they were denied. Their focus shifts from playing to trying to force the remaining people to agree to surrender by arguing/throwing/feeding. In case you could only vote once, this would likely happen before the vote to push everyone to pick yes, and if it still didn't pass they would do it out of anger/frustration.

In case of most defeatists (not real throwers and trolls), having no other option than to see the match through is the key to turning them around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Up there was talk about majority vote, not all of them. But, even with all 5 required it would still be detrimental because it just turns the team against each other, as the people who wanted to quit will not take it well that they were denied. Their focus shifts from playing to trying to force the remaining people to agree to surrender by arguing/throwing/feeding. In case you could only vote once, this would likely happen before the vote to push everyone to pick yes, and if it still didn't pass they would do it out of anger/frustration.

In case of most defeatists (not real throwers and trolls), having no other option than to see the match through is the key to turning them around.
    In many cases the game has already degenerated beyond any chance to win when no one on the team gives a flying shit about pushing forward or is even capable. I'd rather leave the madhouse instead of being forced to "participate" in a lost cause (read: sit in a bush and hit a mob every 45 seconds and tab out to play typeracer).

One of my Hots account is on a 3rd strike (next one is apparently a perma-ban) for "hindering the team" when in fact I was the only one playing for the win. Appeals don't get answered, you will eventually be banned the longer you are teamed with idiots. I am looking forward to my perma-ban simply for playing the game to win.

However, coming back from the last temp-ban things have somewhat improved this season, but for the first time ever I have turned off team chat because this is often used as evidence in reports.

- - - Updated - - -

The weird thing is one of my temp-bans was because of repeated failed attempts to reconnect to a game with the dreaded "Desync" error. The system saw it as afking out of the game 7 times in a row and banned me that day.
    You sound toxic as hell. Most people can play the game without getting banned.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I've had two "impossible-to-win" wins in the past week alone. One of them after I told the two arguing players to shut TF up and play. Some games are extremely unlikely, yes, but none of them are truly impossible. This game definitely should not have a surrender option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You sound toxic as hell. Most people can play the game without getting banned.
    If being bad at playing with stupid players makes me toxic then so be it, I can't change that. I have never ever been abusive in chat, have never insulted anyone or their family, have never made death threats, have never wished diseases on anyone. At least I have the courtesy to explain how to win and why sitting back waiting for the enemy to come is pointless.

Anyway apparently it is those explanations I make is that get me in trouble, talking is evidence and will never help you if ever a human looks at reports which according to reddit they don't, bots look at numbers of reports and/or keywords in chat. I now play with team chat turned off and for the time being I'm still playing the game on my main behaving exactly the same apart from friendly chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I've had two "impossible-to-win" wins in the past week alone. One of them after I told the two arguing players to shut TF up and play. Some games are extremely unlikely, yes, but none of them are truly impossible. This game definitely should not have a surrender option.
    The amount of "impossible-to-win" games that are actually won in this game is astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

If being bad at playing with stupid players makes me toxic then so be it, I can't change that. I have never ever been abusive in chat, have never insulted anyone or their family, have never made death threats, have never wished diseases on anyone. At least I have the courtesy to explain how to win and why sitting back waiting for the enemy to come is pointless.

Anyway apparently it is those explanations I make is that get me in trouble, talking is evidence and will never help you if ever a human looks at reports which according to reddit they don't, bots look at numbers of reports and/or keywords in chat. I now play with team chat turned off and for the time being I'm still playing the game on my main behaving exactly the same apart from friendly chat.

I can guarantee you're an asshole when you're talking to your teammates. You make that blatantly clear by the way you talk here

- - - Updated - - -

of the match.

A surrender option would be make the "stealth" rework look like a masterpiece.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro tell me about it.

So far I have a 21-36 difference, and my god this game REFUSES to let me close the gap. Its like it punishes me for doing
    so by adding another 10 losses or so before it gives me one.

Either get good or get friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Of course some games can turn around. You were lucky to have teammates who understand communication. There are also games with dumbass people (on either side), the kind that play worse than AI, the kind that move back and forth without meaning, the kind that leave the 31 gems their teammate just dropped right next them on spider queen, the ones that don't even know how to play the game. The loss is inevitable.

Of course some games can turn around. You were lucky to have teammates who understand communication. There are also games with dumbass people (on either side), the kind that play worse than AI, the kind that move back and forth without meaning, the kind that leave the 31 gems their teammate just dropped right next them on spider queen, the ones that don't even know how to play the game. The loss is inevitable.
    It isn't inevitable. There have been plenty of games won with people that don't understand the basic mechanics of the map you're playing on. From my experience, the chance of a lose is greatly increased when teammates start fighting amoung each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of "impossible-to-win" games that are actually won in this game is astonishing.
    Really? Cause out of 10 games that are impossible to win, you may comeback and win say, 2 or 3 of those? That's hardly
    "astonishing" to say the least.

I can guarantee you're an asshole when you're talking to your teammates. You make that blatantly clear by the way you talk here
    Not for nothing but you're the one looking more like "an asshole" to be quite frank. You're getting way too hostile with this
    dude, even if you disagree with what he says.

A surrender option would be make the "stealth" rework look like a masterpiece.
    Seeing as how a surrender option is in League of Legends right now and it hasn't destroyed the game,
    you're 100% wrong with your snarky comment here.

Either get good or get friends
    Firstly, "get good" is a toxic mindset and a laughably outdated meme/response to a game's community
    that is known for being toxic in certain respects. It's about as valid a form of advice as telling someone
    with no legs to "walk it off."

Secondly, it's been explained multiple times how simply being "good" doesn't guarantee a chance to
    escape the game's ELO Hell.

So my response to anyone who uses the "git gud", is "if you have nothing useful/smart to say, keep quiet."

It isn't inevitable. There have been plenty of games won with people that don't understand the basic mechanics of the map you're playing on. From my experience, the chance of a lose is greatly increased when teammates start fighting amoung each other.
    Yes, sometimes the other team can make a mistake near the end, or they can completely forget about someone
    flanking their base, or there have been moments where despite winning 99% of the map, they just seem to
    unexplicably "throw" the game and allow us to win.

Again, these are extremely rare occurrences, and if a team is playing, MOST of the time they are not going to
    lose to a team that isn't doing the same. Yes, a fluke win can happen. But you're going to lose significantly
    more times than not before you get that lucky break.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2021-01-10 at 08:28 PM.

Really? Cause out of 10 games that are impossible to win, you may comeback and win say, 2 or 3 of those? That's hardly
    "astonishing" to say the least.

Not for nothing but you're the one looking more like "an asshole" to be quite frank. You're getting way too hostile with this
    dude, even if you disagree with what he says.

Seeing as how a surrender option is in League of Legends right now and it hasn't destroyed the game,
    you're 100% wrong with your snarky comment here.

Firstly, "get good" is a toxic mindset and a laughably outdated meme/response to a game's community
    that is known for being toxic in certain respects. It's about as valid a form of advice as telling someone
    with no legs to "walk it off."

Secondly, it's been explained multiple times how simply being "good" doesn't guarantee a chance to
    escape the game's ELO Hell.

So my response to anyone who uses the "git gud", is "if you have nothing useful/smart to say, keep quiet."

Yes, sometimes the other team can make a mistake near the end, or they can completely forget about someone
    flanking their base, or there have been moments where despite winning 99% of the map, they just seem to
    unexplicably "throw" the game and allow us to win.

Again, these are extremely rare occurrences, and if a team is playing, MOST of the time they are not going to
    lose to a team that isn't doing the same. Yes, a fluke win can happen. But you're going to lose significantly
    more times than not before you get that lucky break.

1: 20-30% is very astonishing for something thats impossible.

2. I never said I wasn't an asshole. And I'm not even being hostile

3. The surrender option makes League worse. They also have a lot more room to make mistakes than this dev team.

4. While "get good" is a meme, it does have some validity in certain places. This isn't one of them. I used it for the meme here, because HOTS isn't a game where one person can carry a team. However, what isn't a meme in that reply is just get friends to play with. Thats genuine advice if you can't handle teammates in solo que.

5. A comeback in this game is unbelievably common. It's not extremely rare and its not even 20-30%. HOTS has been a notorious game for absurd comebacks since its first alpha build. It takes just a couple staggered deaths or one bad engagement for an entire game to be turned around. Its not hard to do and it is way more common than you think