Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So about Twisting Corridors?

Twisting Corridors is suppose to be the "Balls to the walls" experience of Torghast. Or was... I still recall when it was called "The infinite tower" but, I digress.

Supposedly this is suppose to be harder than the "Base" Torghast but how do you all think that will check out now after the nerfs to the core tower? Do you think Twisting Corridors will remain as strong as was the original intent or do you think nerfs will follow suit?

Unlike the main tower (Which btw, no one is holding you at gun point to do, if you don't enjoy the tower, just don't enter it) - Twisting Corridors is suppose to give ONLY Cosmetic Rewards. A Pet at 2, a toy at 4 which lets you look like a Mawsworn, a title at 6 (Spirestalker) and a Mount at 8 which lets everyone RP as Worgens in the Maw. I mean; everyone gets to mount again.

First of all; with how Layer 8 is now going to be reduced to about the same power as Layer 6 was before the nerfs; the main tower itself will rapidly become a joke. It may pose some challenges still but as gear piles up; even Joey-Casual can sneeze and down the entirety of what is about to become layer 8 of the main tower - And I sort of fear what implications that will have on Twisting Corridors (Given I already had these fears due to the mount reward at layer 8 of Twisting but yeah, this won't make it any better)

Player already feel like they are entitled to just getting rewards. Never mind that we are literally scaling the tower of what is essentially the home of WoW's Grim Reaper. Screw having a challenge in there? It should be a breeze as usual... And I fear that will reach Twisting Corridors.

I still want Torghast to offer a challenge and I HOPE Twisted Corridors holds up and that people crying out for "THIS MOUNT SHOULD BE MINE" is going to be ignored. Since no you do not need that mount, no you do not NEED easy access to running across The Maw.

So what do you all think? Belive that Twisting Corridors will be nerfed to the ground? Or do you all think it will hold up?
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Twisting Corridors is suppose to be the "Balls to the walls" experience of Torghast. Or was... I still recall when it was called "The infinite tower" but, I digress.

Supposedly this is suppose to be harder than the "Base" Torghast but how do you all think that will check out now after the nerfs to the core tower? Do you think Twisting Corridors will remain as strong as was the original intent or do you think nerfs will follow suit?

Unlike the main tower (Which btw, no one is holding you at gun point to do, if you don't enjoy the tower, just don't enter it) - Twisting Corridors is suppose to give ONLY Cosmetic Rewards. A Pet at 2, a toy at 4 which lets you look like a Mawsworn, a title at 6 (Spirestalker) and a Mount at 8 which lets everyone RP as Worgens in the Maw. I mean; everyone gets to mount again.

First of all; with how Layer 8 is now going to be reduced to about the same power as Layer 6 was before the nerfs; the main tower itself will rapidly become a joke. It may pose some challenges still but as gear piles up; even Joey-Casual can sneeze and down the entirety of what is about to become layer 8 of the main tower - And I sort of fear what implications that will have on Twisting Corridors (Given I already had these fears due to the mount reward at layer 8 of Twisting but yeah, this won't make it any better)

Player already feel like they are entitled to just getting rewards. Never mind that we are literally scaling the tower of what is essentially the home of WoW's Grim Reaper. Screw having a challenge in there? It should be a breeze as usual... And I fear that will reach Twisting Corridors.

I still want Torghast to offer a challenge and I HOPE Twisted Corridors holds up and that people crying out for "THIS MOUNT SHOULD BE MINE" is going to be ignored. Since no you do not need that mount, no you do not NEED easy access to running across The Maw.

So what do you all think? Belive that Twisting Corridors will be nerfed to the ground? Or do you all think it will hold up?
    it'll last 3 days before the nerfbats come and shrink it down to about the difficulty of layer 4.

Even if it turns out to be more challenging than the other wings, I'm sure it will be nerfed over time because challenging content is rarely welcomed.
    So I have my doubts that it will be challenging at all, or stay as such for long if it is.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Before the nerfs and even before they buffed the shaman anima powers, I was having a very easy time in Torghast on my enhancement shaman. I get that the experience differs wildly from spec to spec, but when layer 8 of Torghast wasn't even difficult for me before the nerfs, I can't even imagine how much of a cakewalk it would be now, much less Twisting Corridors where you'll inevitably finish the run with some 90+ powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't thing so. When players see some cap, they thing it's mandatory to get it, otherwise they 'lost' this soul ash forever. But then realized they are not good enough/geared enough to clear all and that other class/spec has easier job.

Of course there still be some crying, like on release of Mage Tower. But it different thing if crying is about cosmetic items you can get later. And hopefully that endless mode won't be scaled with you or shit like this, it encourage you even more to gear up your char which helps whole game in general.

Question regarding Twisting Corridors

Are there "save points" of any sort to be able to leave and continue where you left?

I honestly can't see how they can make it "difficult".

The random nature of abilities and the imbalanced nature of classes means the best they can do is make it possible for the weakest class/spec with the worst random abilities and make it fun for everyone else.

The reward for finishing it faster or with no deaths can simply be that you get your chances at the random loot faster, so you can have another go.

Wait a minute... Twisting Corridors also has multiple layers? I thought you got the rewards for X floor, with the mount being the reward if you manage to clear the whole thing. I sure hope the layer unlock is shared with standard wings, because the prospect of having to go through an 18 floor slog 8 times is preposterous.

As for the difficulty, I don't know how they can make it more difficult. The very fact it has 18 floors makes it so. Even if you get Anima Cells from random mobs less often, you still have more shops, more end floor mini-bosses, more chances for rares/NPCs to free and so on.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-12-18 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Wait a minute... Twisting Corridors also has multiple layers? I thought you got the rewards for X floor, with the pet being the reward if you manage to clear the whole thing. I sure hope the layer unlock is shared with standard wings, because the prospect of having to go through an 18 floor slog 8 times is preposterous.

As for the difficulty, I don't know how they can make it more difficult. The very fact it has 18 floors makes it so. Even if you get Anima Cells from random mobs less often, you still have more shops, more end floor mini-bosses, more chances for rares/NPCs to free and so on.
    Yeah afaik it's 16 or 18 floors for every layer and there are 8 layers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up: a mount usable in the Maw is already available in-game. It is dropped by the Gorged Shadehound in the Beastwarrens as part of the weekly event to kill mawsworn beasts. It is extremely rare and reports say you have only one chance at looting it every other week.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2020-12-18 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah afaik it's 16 or 18 floors for every layer and there are 8 layers.
    What the fuck? So to get the mount we have to do 144 floors of Torgast? I guess most people assumed it was only 8 floors in the harder "twisting corridors" mode. Jesus fucking Christ what a slog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Just a heads up: a mount usable in the Maw is already available in-game. It is dropped by the Gorged Shadehound in the Beastwarrens as part of the weekly event to kill mawsworn beasts. It is extremely rare and reports say you have only one chance at looting it every week.
    Every other week. There's four different events on a half-week rotation like the minor N'zoth invasions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    What the fuck? So to get the mount we have to do 144 floors of Torgast? I guess most people assumed it was only 8 floors in the harder "twisting corridors" mode. Jesus fucking Christ what a slog.
    You're free to not do it. Nothing in Twisting Corridors is mandatory for play.

Don't do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    (Which btw, no one is holding you at gun point to do, if you don't enjoy the tower, just don't enter it)
    yeah and give up on the biggest upgrade, that will be a must have to enter any serious raid or mm+ group? sure!!!

do you have any other idea like that please?

make that dust drop from other content and for sure I'll never set foot again in that shit.

No matter that. 6 floors takes about an hour, even if you get some decent powers, 18 floors is going to take ages.

It's not supposed to be challenging, getting random powers and having fun is what it's about. Blizz will just nerf it even more if it feels hard.

they should do what other games have done on these "tower based ideas " This is it, we are NOT changing, it, see how high you can do,

the entitled warfront babies got what they wanted

blizzard continuing to design the game for people that don't like MMOs

They had to nerf normal Torghast because blizzard unfortunately gated player power behind it. I don’t see endless mode being nerfed at all if it’s cosmetic only.

15+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is the worst rogue lite on the market so why should it be hard?