Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    There are no other Dragon Age games after Origins
    I mean...I disagree but I see your point. Origins was a great game. Inquisition was a great game. They did not feel like the same franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Unpopular opinion time: I hope the gameplay swings back closer to Origins.
    That's not unpopular at all...

DAO was the best Dragon Age on all aspects...

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Whilst to me this is about a true a statement as one can get. ^

I've come to realize there isn't a game biwoare could make I'd currently buy till they actually fix the broken shit that is anthem.
    That game felt like such a scam from bioware, that bioware can simply go "F" themselves with any other project they try to sell till they fix the mess that is anthem.

Then and only then will I consider a game with their name on it.
    I also have no hopes for the new mass effect and the new trilogy version they are getting out

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I just hope the mobs in the game don't feel all sponge like they did in DA2 and especially DA:I. I felt like I was poking them with a stick most of the time. Especially as a mage, there was a lack of impact. while Origins had its issues when it came to combat, the spells and ability all felt like they did something at least. I also enjoyed the spell synergies and combos of Origins, something the divinity games have adopted since.

But I agree keep DA:I crafting, I loved the crafting in DA:I
    i probably spent more time crafting armor and weapons then i probably should have.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Gameplay-wise I think DA2 was the best. It had refined the gameplay of DA1 to feel more modern and less "clunky".

I did not like the direction of DA3, towards a more action-oriented gameplay as others have touched upon. But the biggest blunder of DA3 was in my view the missing tactics system from the previous two games. If you ask me, the tactics system of DA1&2 was revolutionary in a sense that it allowed you to fully customize how your party members would act - an essential feature of the whole genre if you ask me. In some ways it felt like programming an AI, which I thought was very interesting.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    That's not unpopular at all...

DAO was the best Dragon Age on all aspects...
    Is not really fun though, the story carries the gameplay all the way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Is not really fun though, the story carries the gameplay all the way.
    Just your opinion. It's the best gameplay of the 3, the way you can set your party how to act with tactics is perfect. 2 is pretty good as well but was not intended to be played with friendly fire. Inquisition gameplay is garbage with dumb as fuck AI, since you cannot configure tactics like the 1 and 2.

So yea, 1 top on all aspects except graphics obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just your opinion. It's the best gameplay of the 3, the way you can set your party how to act with tactics is perfect. 2 is pretty good as well but was not intended to be played with friendly fire. Inquisition gameplay is garbage with dumb as fuck AI, since you cannot configure tactics like the 1 and 2.

You feel way less involved in Orgins, at least in 2 it felt more involved in combat then what Origins had. More action oriented is not a bad thing. And you can't just call something garbage and somehow think thats criticism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    There are no other Dragon Age games after Origins
    Sadly this is accurate I keep hoping for one but hasn't happened yet.

gameplay in origins is kind of boring and the AI is stupid when it comes to AoE spells for mage.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account

DA:I sucked with its controls and just its abilities.

The spells especially were gutted. There is so much wealth to DA:O skill/spell system, my favorite was spell combinations, man you could get some really cool results by mixing spells. a system that the Divinity games sort of opting but Dragon Age abandoned and that's really sad
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-18 at 11:22 PM.

Let's just appreciate the fact how darkspawn are ruined more and more in each game.

Their design is complete trash compared to DAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    RIP Templar spec.

i hope they open up more builds. Warriors being stuck with 2h or 1h+shield has been annoying. same with rogues being stuck with daggers or bow.
    i like the magic in DA2 and hated it in DA:I so hopefully cooler magic will be in DA:4.

also this annoys still.
    DA2 Lightning yellow. spirit purple.
    DA:I Lightning purple. Spirit yellow.

whos stupid idea was it to change that? the color scheme made more sense in DA:2
    Tevinter has Templars, they're just kept on a short leash by the Magisters. But nothing would stop a prospective hero unburdened by such trivialities from chugging the Lyrium and skewering sneering mages with the best of them.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Let's just appreciate the fact how darkspawn are ruined more and more in each game.

Their design is complete trash compared to DAO.
    DA:O / DA:2

DA:I

hmm well DA:I is a step up from DA:2 but DA:O still looks way more intimidating.

So yea you are pretty right :P

I dont like what DA:2 and DA:I did with that weird chain thing around their head... or is it scales? Either way, not a fan, prefer the more fleshy look myself.

Interesting fact about the darkspawn though
    The darkspawn did not exist in David Gaider's original conception of Thedas. It was the leader designer, James Ohlen, who requested that the player have an evil horde to fight - an enemy they wouldn't mind killing. Gaider was not initially pleased - writing that it "ran smack against the very theme I’d tried to establish". In response, he decided to try and "figure out if there was a version of orcs that… maybe I wouldn’t mind so much", and suggested this horde be a "living plague" instead, that would visit the world periodically, and thus the darkspawn were devised.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-18 at 11:48 PM.

I hope the story is good, despite everything.

Trespasser set up a lot of great things.
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

You feel way less involved in Orgins, at least in 2 it felt more involved in combat then what Origins had. More action oriented is not a bad thing. And you can't just call something garbage and somehow think thats criticism.
    It's garbage for me.

Less involved? What?! You have full control of what your party does, which is very different from the spam everything in Inquisition or how you are limited to a few spells. Not even talking about friendly fire.

More action oriented on Dragon Age IS a bad thing.

DA:I sucked with its controls and just its abilities.

The spells especially were gutted. There is so much wealth to DA:O skill/spell system, my favorite was spell combinations, man you could get some really cool results by mixing spells. a system that the Divinity games sort of opting but Dragon Age abandoned and that's really sad
    Origins was the only "current" RPG that managed to do active combat with pause actually work.

Too bad it's in the hands of EA. Now it's just pew pew to appeal to the masses of simple gamers.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2020-12-18 at 11:58 PM.

DA:O / DA:2

DA:I

hmm well DA:I is a step up from DA:2 but DA:O still looks way more intimidating.

So yea you are pretty right :P

I dont like what DA:2 and DA:I did with that weird chain thing around their head... or is it scales? Either way, not a fan, prefer the more fleshy look myself.

The Ghouls in Inquisition look quite creepy as well, you just never see them up close or in a cutscene. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Hurlock design from DA2 onwards, the Alphas look cool tho.

And I perfectly understand what Gaider says, and there's a reason the Darkspawn have been a fairly irrelevant side enemy after Origins. Apart from the sheer horror factor of the Broodmothers they're not very interesting all in all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The darkspawn did not exist in David Gaider's original conception of Thedas. It was the leader designer, James Ohlen, who requested that the player have an evil horde to fight - an enemy they wouldn't mind killing. Gaider was not initially pleased - writing that it "ran smack against the very theme I’d tried to establish". In response, he decided to try and "figure out if there was a version of orcs that… maybe I wouldn’t mind so much", and suggested this horde be a "living plague" instead, that would visit the world periodically, and thus the darkspawn were devised.
    Interesting.

I'm glad they went with them.

I like that "biblical" take how they came to be and that Broodmother stuff was insane.

Hopefully we find more about the other 6 Magisters.

Also, I'm tired of Templars and Mages crap.

Good thing that wasn't the main focus in DAI.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-12-19 at 12:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Ghouls in Inquisition look quite creepy as well, you just never see them up close or in a cutscene. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Hurlock design from DA2 onwards, the Alphas look cool tho.

And I perfectly understand what Gaider says, and there's a reason the Darkspawn have been a fairly irrelevant side enemy after Origins. Apart from the sheer horror factor of the Broodmothers they're not very interesting all in all.
    Agreed. Darkspawn are not interesting as an enemy, they only exist to act as fodder. I found Red Templars and Qunari more interesting adversaries because there is a story behind them more than hivemind zombies. Also the fact that they looked similar to orcs/goblins in the first game did not help.

It really wasn't that bad, long sure but it wasn't a bad game. You guys should stop being so nostalgic over Origins.
    The series has consistently gone down in quality you should stop defending things based on name. Origins > Awakening > 2 >>>>> DAI