Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Twisting corridors will be a lot harder because of the torment debuffs. Soulforge debuff isloose 1% HP every 5 seconds and it stacks with every floor and higher layers start with a higher stacks. On Layer 8 I think you start with 4 stacks on floor 1 so once you get to the boss on floor 6 you'll loose 10% HP every 5 seconds. I don't know if the stacks start new after 6 floors or only the debuff changes but with the scaling from floor to floor mobs gain a lot of HP and damage.

Normal Torghast was a joke on beta and twisting corridors was actually hard. On live now after they buffed (+40% HP and damage) and nerfed (-26% HP) Torghast, it's harder than normal Torghast was on beta so I would imagine that twisting corridors will actually be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    yeah and give up on the biggest upgrade, that will be a must have to enter any serious raid or mm+ group? sure!!!

do you have any other idea like that please?

make that dust drop from other content and for sure I'll never set foot again in that shit.
    Yeah no. Anyone who currently struggles with Torghast (Which should be reduced to about "Not a single soul" once the nerf goes live) are not people in the bracket that NEEDS legendaries for content. These are players who does not have a bar to entry anywhere. And even if they SEE that bar and run face first into it instead of sidestepping it by not trying to only join "FULL RAID CLEAR ILVL 220+ LINK ACH, HAVE GOOD RIO" groups (which they have no reason to join) that bar can be completely ignored by starting your own group or god forbidd, join a guild or community aimed to your level of play.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Every other week. There's four different events on a half-week rotation like the minor N'zoth invasions.
    Fixed.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Unlike the main tower (Which btw, no one is holding you at gun point to do, if you don't enjoy the tower, just don't enter it)
    This is the same as saying "if you enjoy not being remotely competitive then don't craft legendary". Of course you can live without it, but only if skip most part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Twisting Corridors is suppose to give ONLY Cosmetic Rewards. A Pet at 2, a toy at 4 which lets you look like a Mawsworn, a title at 6 (Spirestalker) and a Mount at 8 which lets everyone RP as Worgens in the Maw. I mean; everyone gets to mount again.
    I hope it stays that way so I can completely ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    the entitled warfront babies got what they wanted

blizzard continuing to design the game for people that don't like MMOs
    People who don't like having their success be based on RNG don't like MMOs?

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    People who don't like having their success be based on RNG don't like MMOs?

wtf
    that is not what i said

people that cry that every class/spec can't be expected to stroll into torghast and solo it every time don't like MMOs

imagine walking into classic and crying "why can't my rogue provide mara runs"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    No matter that. 6 floors takes about an hour, even if you get some decent powers, 18 floors is going to take ages.
    An hour? Wat?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    It's not supposed to be challenging
    Where did you get this from?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I don't see an issue with the tower being hard content. I believe it was this week pre-nerf I tried to do Upper reaches level 7 and couldn't get past floor's 2 boss. That's fine with me.

A day or two later, I went in - I think the nerfs were already in place - got a great combo of powers and breezed through it all.

The "it's annoying", "it's hard" is just a testament to people not knowing what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Frankly, I don't see an issue with the tower being hard content. I believe it was this week pre-nerf I tried to do Upper reaches level 7 and couldn't get past floor's 2 boss. That's fine with me.

A day or two later, I went in - I think the nerfs were already in place - got a great combo of powers and breezed through it all.

The "it's annoying", "it's hard" is just a testament to people not knowing what they want.
    Less hard more of an outright wall. No matter how skilled you think you are, you'd still be outdamaged.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    No matter that. 6 floors takes about an hour, even if you get some decent powers, 18 floors is going to take ages.
    An hour for 6 floors, where one of them is just a vendor and one has the endboss?.. Where do you life that you take 55 minutes for 4 floors? In this hour, I clear both L8 wings after the nerf...

Your average wow player isn't very successful at the game but desperately wants to blame the community for their short comings. The tower robs them of this so naturally it creates a lot of friction and unlike the mage tower it is arguably tied to the progression of your character.

Your average wow player cannot bare such an affront to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Your average wow player isn't very successful at the game but desperately wants to blame the community for their short comings. The tower robs them of this so naturally it creates a lot of friction and unlike the mage tower it is arguably tied to the progression of your character.

Your average wow player cannot bare such an affront to themselves.
    You deserve a cookie.
    Its okay though, mark my words. In about a year, when torghast is facerollable funtime activities, it'll be heralded as one of the best things ever.
    Just like mage tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Less hard more of an outright wall. No matter how skilled you think you are, you'd still be outdamaged.
    But I don't find that necessarily problematic.

What is going on here? Are we trying to bring back wotlk heroics?

If instead of pulling one or two groups of mobs, I have to CC one and pull carefully, then so be it, that's absolutely fine with me. "But it takes soooo long". Let's not pretend this wouldn't be the same crowd that cry at having nothing to do when their respective game activities leads them to that flawed conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You deserve a cookie.
    Its okay though, mark my words. In about a year, when torghast is facerollable funtime activities, it'll be heralded as one of the best things ever.
    Just like mage tower.
    I honestly don't known if it will. Warfronts were not remembered fondly...

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I honestly don't known if it will. Warfronts were not remembered fondly...
    I mean 1) warfronts were last month so its pretty fresh and 2) mage tower was hard for a while, causing people who were shit at the game to aspire to the mage tower appearances. Mage tower never got nerfed, people just got 2 tiers of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I don't find that necessarily problematic.

What is going on here? Are we trying to bring back wotlk heroics?

If instead of pulling one or two groups of mobs, I have to CC one and pull carefully, then so be it, that's absolutely fine with me. "But it takes soooo long". Let's not pretend this wouldn't be the same crowd that cry at having nothing to do when their respective game activities leads them to that flawed conclusion.
    Except it does take too long and I'm speaking about Torghast not any heroic dungeons or anything like that, nobody is making the comparison but you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    I mean 1) warfronts were last month so its pretty fresh and 2) mage tower was hard for a while, causing people who were shit at the game to aspire to the mage tower appearances. Mage tower never got nerfed, people just got 2 tiers of gear.
    True but mage tower stayed somewhat challenging though it was based on spec some did have it utterly free. Torghast now is just... dead. Never mind outgraring it you can mindlessly crush it at 171 ilv now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point of these nerfs when we're literally just started gearing up. Gear ARE the nerfs and people who are complaining about high difficulty of Torghast are just shit at their class/role. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    An hour for 6 floors, where one of them is just a vendor and one has the endboss?.. Where do you life that you take 55 minutes for 4 floors? In this hour, I clear both L8 wings after the nerf...
    Dunno, last week it took me about 45 minutes to clear one layer 6 clearing everythinf