Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope - https://www.windowscentral.com/cyber...y-and-february

Smaller fix rolling out before the holidays, but two bigger patches addressing issues in Jan/Feb.
    Well they also consider patches and hotfixes to be different things even though their hotfixes are literally patches. They just released 1.05 patch tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    More like a healthy approach, copypasting some dumbass comic doesn't make you right. Companies are not your friend and beliving in santa (empty promises) only makes you look naive, not smart.
    Calls the comic dumb
    Literally misses the point of the comic so badly they restate it in their post

Like pottery...

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    I honestly can't remember much that happened, nothing stood out & this will be an unpopular opinion but casting Keanu completely broke my immersion to the game. I think my most fun moments in the game were with Panam character..
    I actually kinda agree with this, it's one thing to hear the same voice actors in every video game and anime. It's another to see 'real' hollywood talent. I don't think keanu's performance was phoned in, I'm just not sure this slow cross over of 'real' actors into the medium is going to be a good thing long term since more of the budget is going to go into hiring them.

It's kinda the same as martin sheen in mass effect.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-12-19 at 01:31 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    Game was great until I found a pistol that does 800dps, shoots thru walls and goes full auto with a 20rnd mag. I don't even bother with stealth anymore. I just run in and murder everyone and I'm playing on Hard.
    What the hell Pistol is this? I have max Engineering and went deep into Tech weapons and found nothing of the sort. Street Cred 30-something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What the hell Pistol is this? I have max Engineering and went deep into Tech weapons and found nothing of the sort. Street Cred 30-something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    You didn't watch the video all the way through .

Towards the end he shows you a simple level 1 quest to obtain a painting. This painting can be sold to any junk vending machine for $4000 and bought back for $5, which you can repeat into infinite. You can pretty much do this with any side quest item since they sell for more than their buy back cost, the painting is the most unbalanced.

In just a minute you'll have enough money to buy every top of line body mod, clothing, and clothing mod. Basically making yourself immortal and able to kill anything with one hit.
    You have to consider that you need street cred and levels to be able to actually use most upgrades. I've tried it in my game on hard (already finished the main storyline, got a great ending, anyway) and despite being somewhat sizeable in amount of eddies, it takes a lot of time to get enough to buy things that are worth it. And despite that, I still can't buy most of the overpowered gear because my skill in a specific branch isn't high enough, or my level is too low, or my street cred is too low. Hell, even upgrading weapons/gear takes so much resources that it takes a few minutes with that method to get even with the vendor. Theoretically, you could upgrade your weapon by a lot, but realistically it's so long and boring that you may as well do it the right way.

The only genuine thing this glitch gives you is enough eddies to buy stuff to round your character and buy vehicles. You're definitely NOT getting immortal or overpowered - unless you have an uncanny amount of time that you'd like to dedicate to the boring process.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bethesda and EA release games at a far more often rate then once every 4 years. They can afford busts. This won't bankrupt CDPR but you're kidding yourself if you don't think this is massively impacting their bottom line. Just look at their stock tanking.
    What are you talking about? BGS have only been releasing games in a 3-5 years cycle since forever.

2002 Morrowind

2006 Oblivion

2008 Fallout 3

2011 Skyrim

2015 Fallout 4

2018 Fallout 76

And possibly 2021 for Starfield.

Their both in the same boat in the frequency of "releasing games". Not to mention CDPR is likely bigger than BGS, and CDP probably Zenimax as a whole. They were valued at 8.1 billion in May, while Zenimax (that's including BGS and all other game companies under it) was bought for 7.5 billion by Microsoft.

It's delusional to think they're smaller than BGS, when they are likely bigger. They even have double the employees, CDPR with over 800 while BGS with only 400.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    What are you talking about? BGS have only been releasing games in a 3-5 years cycle since forever.
    Last I checked Bethesda is more then BGS, genius. CDPR as a publisher releases one game every 4 years. Bethesda as a publisher usually releases multiple games a year. CDPR has all their eggs in a single basket, Bethesda does not. You don't seem to understand the difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios. One is a massive publisher and the other is a single dev studio owned by said publisher of which they own many. CDPR only has 3 dev teams and they where all working on Cyberpunk in one way or another(be it the SP or MP versions).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-19 at 01:58 AM.

2002 Morrowind

2006 Oblivion

2008 Fallout 3

2011 Skyrim

2015 Fallout 4

2018 Fallout 76

And possibly 2021 for Starfield.

Their both in the same boat in the frequency of "releasing games". Not to mention CDPR is likely bigger than BGS, and CDP probably Zenimax as a whole. They were valued at 8.1 billion in May, while Zenimax (that's including BGS and all other game companies under it) was bought for 7.5 billion by Microsoft.

It's delusional to think they're smaller than BGS, when they are likely bigger. They even have double the employees, CDPR with over 800 while BGS with only 400.
    Their development arm, yes. But they have more than just the team that makes Skyrim/Fallout, including id, Machine Games, Zenimax Online Studios, and more.

The full list is far more expansive and includes Rage, Doom Wofenstein, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, The Evil Within, Prey, Dishonored and a number of other titles they've published - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ks_video_games

And valuation and actual sale price are usually two very different ball games. They are indeed smaller than Bethesda as a company overall, even if you factor in GOG.

just refunded it.

The technical issues I could have lived with - they will be ironed out.

But the game has zero depth. All you can do is to walk around, loot a bazillion tons of pointless loot, and then shoot some people.

* No sophisticated crafting system (destroy items for more materials than they cost to craft, good job)
    * Nothing like a guild system
    * No side story narrative outside of shards. As if I want to spend the whole day reading books
    * No meaningful interaction with NPCs outside of main story line and some isolated cases (food store telling you to fuck off, instead of selling you food)
    * Romances? What a joke
    * Absolutely insanely broken game mechanics once you level up certain perks (my handgun with crit mods and high cool+reflexes is literally one-shotting everything from stealth)
    * No side quest having any meaningful impact on character's personality development
    * No actual meaningful choices during main story line
    * Lifepaths absolutely a joke. I was so pissed that after 30 mins of starting a new path I ended up with the same first quest
    * Cops randomly spawning out of nowhere for grazing someone with a car, just to disappear as you move away 100 meters as if nothing ever happened

List could go and, and on, and on... I actually had some fun with the game all until Act II. From that point on it just went downhill so freaking fast as I started to explore the world and ended up in a bunch of nothing, sugarcoated in shiny alloy.

How the hell do you guys keep playing this game?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2020-12-19 at 02:00 AM.

After a second heated investor call and the stock value losing a billion dollars in value some sites are saying theres been a mass walkout or firing and the jobs page for cdpr just updated: https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/

Thats a lot of hiring for cyberpunk 2077 development. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    After a second heated investor call and the stock value losing a billion dollars in value some sites are saying theres been a mass walkout or firing and the jobs page for cdpr just updated: https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/

Doesn't surprise me at all. Investors and managers are the first that should get the boot. The game wasn't ready for release. They needed at least 2 more years to also have some time to implement some actual PRG elements into this game.

They ended up succumbing to the pressure of having to release after making strategically bad choices regarding announcements surrounding the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    After a second heated investor call and the stock value losing a billion dollars in value some sites are saying theres been a mass walkout or firing and the jobs page for cdpr just update: https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/

As per typical the devs get blamed for something that is the fault of the suits. Crunched instead of hiring more talent, rushed game instead of letting it cook, fire/blame/force out the devs as a scapegoat and hire new ones. CDPR is showing they are the lowest scum atm because not even the most hated publishers like EA or Activision treats their devs like this. EA doesn't even allow crunch anymore, but gamers think they are the most evil game company oh how little gamers actually know.

Last I checked Bethesda is more then BGS, genius. CDPR as a publisher releases one game every 4 years. Bethesda as a publisher usually releases multiple games a year. CDPR has all their eggs in a single basket, Bethesda does not.
    Last I checked CDPR is a game developer genius, not a publisher. The publisher is CD Project (note how there isn't a "Red" here) and they have the whole GoG under their belt. So fair comparison there buddy.

At least do a simple google search before you comment about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Their development arm, yes. But they have more than just the team that makes Skyrim/Fallout, including id, Machine Games, Zenimax Online Studios, and more.

The full list is far more expansive and includes Rage, Doom Wofenstein, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, The Evil Within, Prey, Dishonored and a number of other titles they've published - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ks_video_games

And valuation and actual sale price are usually two very different ball games. They are indeed smaller than Bethesda as a company overall, even if you factor in GOG.
    That's Softworks, sure. But I already addressed that in in my original post, CDP is valued at 8.1 billion while the whole of Zenimax, was bought by Microsoft for 7.5 billion.

Though I do concede they have more employees in this case with CDP with 1.1k and Zemiax with 2.3k.

But either way you slice it, whether you say that CDPR is smaller than BGS or CDP is smaller than Bethesda Softworks. Both statements are wrong.

As per typical the devs get blamed for something that is the fault of the suits. Crunched instead of hiring more talent, rushed game instead of letting it cook, fire/blame/force out the devs as a scapegoat and hire new ones. CDPR is showing they are the lowest scum atm because not even the most hated publishers like EA or Activision treats their devs like this. EA doesn't even allow crunch anymore, but gamers think they are the most evil game company oh how little gamers actually know.
    EA is crap because of how they milk their games. Their financial exploits of their gamer base are what makes them trash for me.

CDPR on the other hand tries to be highly gamer friendly, but tends to really have a piss poor relationship with their devs.

Last I checked CDPR is a game developer genius, not a publisher. The publisher is CD Project (note how there isn't a "Red" here) and they have the whole GoG under their belt. So fair comparison there buddy.
    Yes, lets add in GOG by all means, it makes them a whopping $12 million a quarter on average. Guess what, Bethesda Softworks is still miles ahead.

Right, my refund request was put forward. Now to wait.

Yes, lets add in GOG by all means, it makes them a whopping $12 million a quarter on average. Guess what, Bethesda Softworks is still miles ahead.
    Yes. 7 > 8. Good job.

Go back to kindergarten and learn basic math.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    EA is crap because of how they milk their games. Their financial exploits of their gamer base are what makes them trash for me.

CDPR on the other hand tries to be highly gamer friendly, but tends to really have a piss poor relationship with their devs.
    CDPR so gamer friendly they release a half cooked game because the suits wanted their pay day now instead of 6 months from now.

Hell the corporate narrative in Cyberpunk is literally describing CDPR, how ironic is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. 7 > 8. Good job.

Go back to kindergarten and learn basic math.
    Stock valuation and actual value are different things. And if you still think CDPR is worth 8 bil(what they where in May) you obviously haven't looked at stock prices today. So tell me more about this amazing math you got here.

Microsoft paid $7.5 bil for bethesda, that's not stock value that is a straight up transaction my man. MS probably wouldn't even throw 5 bil at CDPR in their current state.

CDPR so gamer friendly they release a half cooked game because the suits wanted their pay day now instead of 6 months from now.

Hell the corporate narrative in Cyberpunk is literally describing CDPR, how ironic is that?
    Free game add-ons, fairly priced DLCs adding actual dozens of hours of proper gameplay, fanservices, etc. Witcher 3 is a great example of a game + DLCs done in a proper, fair manner.

Cyberpunk was a victim of hype. We don't know who had what kind of stakes and money in it from their investors side. A certain group of people was powerful enough to brute force this game into existence when clearly it wasn't nowhere ready to be released, EVEN if it had zero bugs.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of cases where people were refused a refund. As a matter of fact, CDPR is actively supporting people who want a refund. On the consumer side, CDPR values you a lot.

The problem they have are of internal nature. I have heard mostly awful stories about how it is to work for them. They're directly putting the entire public pressure on the dev team, burning them out.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Free game add-ons, fairly priced DLCs adding actual dozens of hours of proper gameplay, fanservices, etc. Witcher 3 is a great example of a game + DLCs done in a proper, fair manner.
    Yes, it's easy to offer free DLC and play the act of "nice guys" when you're paying dev salaries of $20k a year and not $100k+ a year like EA and other AAA publishers are. You took the bait, sorry but CDPR is not your buddy.