Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Winnning All Arena Skirmishes but not rated

I am trying to understand still, why I win all of the Arena Skirmishes (2v2) but zero wins in rated when we went above 1400

E.g. Me and my pally friend won all of the skirmishes. 20 out of 20 wins.

We had healer comps/rogues/2 paladins and we still owned them and the fights lasted maybe 10 seconds?

I had 2100 rated last expansion and in Legion as a DH but now, we get owned asap with rogues in the group, still..

You're facing people more skilled than you at 1400 in rated.

You're facing random pugs with no coordination in skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    You're facing people more skilled than you at 1400 in rated.

You're facing random pugs with no coordination in skirmishes.
    "more skilled than you" - Nothing about those fights were about skill, trust me. But maybe the coordination part has a huge advantage, since we didn't use VOIP

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    "more skilled than you" - Nothing about those fights were about skill, trust me. But maybe the coordination part has a huge advantage, since we didn't use VOIP
    Coordination is a skill too. I'd recommend voice.

I mean... you're the guy losing every rated Arena and claim "skill doesn't matter". Not exactly a good reason to trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean... you're the guy losing every rated Arena and claim "skill doesn't matter". Not exactly a good reason to trust you.
    I never stated 'Skill doesn't matter" what I stated was, the fights I have been were majority full of rogues which require no skill as they just spam 2 buttons and dead. Pre-nerf instant death post nerf they still have many advantages over you. Read before posting ty

Well... No matchmaking vs Matchmaking?
    It's like getting thrown in against Jimmy from 3rd and fat Joe who is not even looking at the screen vs Motivated, more coordinated players? if you fight against two rogues in 1400 bracket they might be shit, otherwise they would be higher so if you are better than that you should go above that rating even if you loose odd one two double rogue comp. I mean balance is an issue now, but it would not stop anyone unless every comp is double rogue.

I never stated 'Skill doesn't matter" what I stated was, the fights I have been were majority full of rogues which require no skill as they just spam 2 buttons and dead. Pre-nerf instant death post nerf they still have many advantages over you. Read before posting ty
    No, you stated
    Nothing about those fights were about skill
    Which is an excuse used by unskilled players that think they are skilled. "My opponents were not better, they played an OP class/champion/weapon/faction". That excuse is used in EVERY multiplayer game and is almost NEVER true.
    You lost against rogues and against every other team. So it's pretty lazy to say "Oh, their class is OP, nothing can be done about it". Because that's not true at all. And you are not here for explanations and help, you are here to complain about rogues and everyone that's better than you.

But if you really feel that strong about rogues, there's only one thing to do: If you can't beat them, join them! But I doubt that your winrate will get any higher, just because you play an "OP" class.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-19 at 10:41 AM.

No, you stated Which is an excuse used by unskilled players that think they are skilled. "My opponents were not better, they played an OP class/champion/weapon/faction". That excuse is used in EVERY multiplayer game and is almost NEVER true.
    You lost against rogues and against every other team. So it's pretty lazy to say "Oh, their class is OP, nothing can be done about it". Because that's not true at all. And your are not here for explanations and help, you are here to complain about rogues and everyone that's better than you.

But if you really feel that strong about rogues, there's only one thing to do: If you can't beat them, join them! But I doubt that your winrate will get any higher, just because you play an "OP" class.
    Exactly, almost as if only rogue teams get past 1400 rating which btw, is way below average.

Stop making excuses for yourself and try to do better.

You can start by using voice. 80% of arena is setting up CC chains. Playing arena by doing your rotation there wont get you very far.

Just as you're experiencing.

No, you stated Which is an excuse used by unskilled players that think they are skilled. "My opponents were not better, they played an OP class/champion/weapon/faction". That excuse is used in EVERY multiplayer game and is almost NEVER true.
    You lost against rogues and against every other team. So it's pretty lazy to say "Oh, their class is OP, nothing can be done about it". Because that's not true at all. And your are not here for explanations and help, you are here to complain about rogues and everyone that's better than you.

And... I don't stand corrected, because I know what I wrote. Playing a rogue this season does not equal skill only the class being broken, hence the nerfs were being made, along side hunters. 12k crits for hunters and instant death for rogues.

Lmao, you've been living under the rock for sometime? Rogues were broken pre season 1 and little bit post started season 1 pvp. 1 shotting someone, because the covenant spells were OP does not equal skill my online troll

No one is making excuses. Hunters/Rogues were OP and rogues are still are to a point post-nerf.
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-12-19 at 10:43 AM.

And... I don't stand corrected, because I know what I wrote. Playing a rogue this season does not equal skill only the class being broken, hence the nerfs were being made, along side hunters. 12k crits for hunters and instant death for rogues.

Lmao, you've been living under the rock for sometime? Rogues were broken pre season 1 and little but post season 1 pvp. 1 shotting someone, because the covenant spells were OP does not equal skill my online troll
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that. But if you really want to improve things, then learn how to play (against rogues and in general). Because one class being OP (even if it is true) does not mean that that class wins 100%. More like 60-70%. So in theory, if you knew how to play the matchup correctly you should at least have won one game, which you stated that you did not. Also, were there no rogues in the skirmishes? You've won 20/20 games there, it's highly unlikely that you did not face off against this "huuughly OP" class. So maybe there's a difference between skirmishes and rated and that difference is skill. And just because you are unable to recognize this skillgap does not mean it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Exactly, almost as if only rogue teams get past 1400 rating which btw, is way below average.

Stop making excuses for yourself and try to do better.

You can start by using voice. 80% of arena is setting up CC chains. Playing arena by doing your rotation there wont get you very far.

Just as you're experiencing.
    he had 2.1 as dh in bfa and legion which required even less than doing rotation

he cant go above 1.4 now and trying to imply some strange visions..

if u are decent there is no freaking way u cant go past 1.4, unless u are playing with 120ilvl quest gear with horrible talents/pvp talents, + maybe playing with no trinket "because i need more dmg"? xd

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you are just not as good as you think you are. Sub rogues after the nerf are A-Tier and therefore still strong, but beatable if you know what you are doing.

I am currently playing Outlaw in 2s and I am about to hit 2k. If you can't get above 1.400 it is definitely a you-issue.
    Last edited by Beatman; 2020-12-19 at 11:30 AM.

This comment tells me why you're stuck at 1400. A 2500+ player will win 99% of games at 1400 without voice, and some of them 2v1. You lack skill and currently you even lack the awareness that you lack skill.

LOL a DH calling rogue a 2 button class. You were carried by your OP dumbed down class in legion, and you're carried by paladin bubbles. 2 of the most braindead tutorial mode classes in the game. You're a shit player if you think rogues are beating you with 2 buttons. Well we already know you're shit since you're stuck at 1400 but you have the attitude of a shitter rather than someone who can improve. You have a false view of your own skill, you are a beginner playing a previously broken OP class and you never had to learn the game as a result.

Rogues are pretty much the only class that is guaranteed to die if stunned with no trinket, very easy to beat if you can manage the feat of using defensive cooldowns for the opener. You're playing with a paladin and you can see through stealth it should be absolutely trivial to counter the rogue's opener.
    Last edited by intenz; 2020-12-19 at 03:16 PM.

No one is making excuses. Hunters/Rogues were OP and rogues are still are to a point post-nerf.
    I'm sorry, but if you're failing to beat any Hunters and Rogues with a Paladin on your team, that's on you. BoP will straight up kill the Rogues burst unless he has someone with a purge on his team. Whatever comp you're playing, I assure you there is someone playing it at over 2k rating. The issue is yourselves, and until you accept that you will be forever stuck at 1400 rating.

I was doing 2s as enhance with a mistweaver and I dread rogue teams. They can 100-0 my partner and there’s nothing he can do. I can tell it’s not a skill thing because I have a 50/50 shot at winning 1v2.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEldoon View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you're failing to beat any Hunters and Rogues with a Paladin on your team, that's on you. BoP will straight up kill the Rogues burst unless he has someone with a purge on his team. Whatever comp you're playing, I assure you there is someone playing it at over 2k rating. The issue is yourselves, and until you accept that you will be forever stuck at 1400 rating.
    Lmao.

Hunter & Rogues had 1 shot abilities. You can't compete with that, MR KNOWINGALL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    LOL a DH calling rogue a 2 button class. You were carried by your OP dumbed down class in legion, and you're carried by paladin bubbles. 2 of the most braindead tutorial mode classes in the game. You're a shit player if you think rogues are beating you with 2 buttons. Well we already know you're shit since you're stuck at 1400 but you have the attitude of a shitter rather than someone who can improve. You have a false view of your own skill, you are a beginner playing a previously broken OP class and you never had to learn the game as a result.

Rogues are pretty much the only class that is guaranteed to die if stunned with no trinket, very easy to beat if you can manage the feat of using defensive cooldowns for the opener. You're playing with a paladin and you can see through stealth it should be absolutely trivial to counter the rogue's opener.
    hahahahhahaha, you made ma laugh irl, thanks XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    This comment tells me why you're stuck at 1400. A 2500+ player will win 99% of games at 1400 without voice, and some of them 2v1. You lack skill and currently you even lack the awareness that you lack skill.
    Ehem *COUGH* *COUGH* ME: LEGION ALL SEASONS 2100+. BFA EHEM 2100+ Shadowlands Unpruning happend for all of the classes, but DH has minimal changes EHEM Rogues/hunters had 1 shot abilities that it has become a meme. EHEMMMMM and you know, checking arena 2v2 3v3 ladders, you hardly see DH anywhere xD

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...rds/2v2?page=1

overall DH sucks rn and rogues are broken to the point where its not skill only luck because someone broke the rogue class

you went 20 out of 20 with most matches lasting 10 secs ( these are your words) and then finally someone does to you what you did to everyone else and they need nerfed?

If you're losing to a Rogue in 2s at 1400 and you have a Paladin on your team you're doing something hilariously wrong.

But I know you aren't actually interested in getting better. You just want to complain that things aren't balanced and that skill doesn't matter, despite the fact that I could log on your character (not even sure what class you play, literally doesn't matter) and my friend could log on your friend's Paladin and we'd be 1800 within 24 hours. But clearly skill isn't what's holding you back, it must be something else, right?

If you want actual advice I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be willing to help you out, but you need to drop your ego and understand that you're bad at the game and you're losing because you're making a lot of mistakes. Until you're willing to accept that there's really no point in giving you advice since you won't listen anyway.